www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-09-19, 13:31   #5791
TR1249
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Stadia isn't google's gamepass.
You have to buy each game, except for the 1 free game per month.

The plan only determines your streaming quality.
Thanks for the info.

That's really stupid, I thought it would be like Netflix or Spotify
Old 19-09-19, 13:34   #5792
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Beats me, perhaps they expect people to recognize and remember that Shadow exists. But that won't really push sales because people don't really care about this game. Square Enix also had a really bad year in 2018. Even though Shadow underperformed it and Just Cause is what somewhat carried the company that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
https://dailybayonet.com/the-eighth-...ed-to-it/8623/

New article, but it's mostly copy paste from Kotaku
That was short, was hoping for more. Lol

Last edited by charmedangelin; 19-09-19 at 13:37.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 13:42   #5793
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

I don't know whose idea was to release Shadow next to Spider-Man and so close to RDR2 and Assassin's Creed. It was clearly a mistake.

I think the game would have benefited from releasing at a later date (January/February). RE2 had a very good release date. Not to mention they would have released a more polished game out of the gate. Sometimes you just wonder what are these people thinking when they make these weird decisions, and I'm usually pretty understanding (I even get why they opted for the exclusivity deal), but they are supposed to be professionals working there.

Oh well. I'm still convinced there's no marketing team at all, so all of this is not surprising. I'm not sure about Stadia yet. I see no hype at all but maybe it's a good decision after all. Time will tell.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 13:50   #5794
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Did you guys know Kotaku also wrote an article about the outfit restrictions? I didn't know about this and apparently they also asked Sqeenix about it way back in April and of course got no response. This was before the 8th tomb slot.

Like what is going on with them, they never seem to answer anything someone asks of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku....1834729269/amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I don't know whose idea was to release Shadow next to Spider-Man and so close to RDR2 and Assassin's Creed. It was clearly a mistake.

I think the game would have benefited from releasing at a later date (January/February). RE2 had a very good release date. Not to mention they would have released a more polished game out of the gate. Sometimes you just wonder what are these people thinking when they make these weird decisions, and I'm usually pretty understanding (I even get why they opted for the exclusivity deal), but they are supposed to be professionals working there.

Oh well. I'm still convinced there's no marketing team at all, so all of this is not surprising. I'm not sure about Stadia yet. I see no hype at all but maybe it's a good decision after all. Time will tell.
I agree, it the decision that cost this game many sales. Not to mention the terrible marketing that this game had. What made them think closed door events and radio silence was going to sale this game?

Last edited by charmedangelin; 19-09-19 at 13:51.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 14:07   #5795
TR1249
Archaeologist

Square is the kind of person, who complains about not getting noticed but then proceeds to not answer anyone,who messages them.
Old 19-09-19, 14:34   #5796
killchan
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Did you guys know Kotaku also wrote an article about the outfit restrictions? I didn't know about this and apparently they also asked Sqeenix about it way back in April and of course got no response.
Months after that same writer completely avoided the topic in his review.
Old 19-09-19, 16:17   #5797
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Square is the kind of person, who complains about not getting noticed but then proceeds to not answer anyone,who messages them.
Well said lol
Old 19-09-19, 16:18   #5798
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post

I've wondered this for a long time, and it always leads me to question how that's possible when marketing was so important to the series for its formative years.
Old 19-09-19, 18:39   #5799
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

IMO, if Shadow at least had a marketing campaign similar to Rise’s (at least.... One similar to TR2013 would have worked wonders...) it could have been a hit, and people would have still talked about it these days...
Old 19-09-19, 18:49   #5800
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
IMO, if Shadow at least had a marketing campaign similar to Rise’s (at least.... One similar to TR2013 would have worked wonders...) it could have been a hit, and people would have still talked about it these days...
Really ? I remember at the time (talking about Rise) people moans about it to be inexistent.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote