Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-02-19, 12:13   #1
Titanium

Talking Games you were so close to finishing... But you never did

Let's face it, pretty much all of us are guilty of not finishing at least one game despite being close to the end! Whether it's due to platform upgrades or we just got simply bored of it.

Mine is FFX. I put in like 70 hours and got right near the end... But I couldn't beat a boss. Tried loading an older save to train up my characters in a nearby monster field but still never beat that boss.
Titanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 12:36   #2
the_end90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
Let's face it, pretty much all of us are guilty of not finishing at least one game despite being close to the end! Whether it's due to platform upgrades or we just got simply bored of it.

Mine is FFX. I put in like 70 hours and got right near the end... But I couldn't beat a boss. Tried loading an older save to train up my characters in a nearby monster field but still never beat that boss.
Well FFX... It was one of my favorites and I did end it, but I never found the Weapons and Dark Eons: it was too much for me.
But the final boss could be beaten in 2 moves: it is in status Zombie
the_end90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 12:55   #3
domino92

Shadow of the Colossus

I got to the final colossus and hated it so much I dropped it. I had beaten it years before, but really wanted to give it another go.

Crisis Core: FF7

I got to the door before the final boss and dropped the game years ago. Went back recently and beat it. It was okay.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 13:15   #4
rewak

Clock Tower 3, got to the last boss and just couldn't deal with his BS, never went back to it.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 13:53   #5
Lord Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post

That is one of my favorite games. In hindsight that should be obvious.

I never did finish Final Fantasy 12 or 13. 12 I got bored with it. While 13 was a game done badly.

Fallout New Vegas could count but I never made it that far. Never finished Dragon age Inquisition. It just has to much to do and I don't like level caps.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 13:55   #6
Samz

Tomb raider 4, as much as pains me to admit as a TR fan, I've never finished it yet due to some of the more obnoxious sections (Like backtracking to the transparent scroll that get solid off-screen after doing an unrelated puzzle for the snake statues.) since they sorta kill my motivation to continue playing for a good bit.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 13:57   #7
Yuna´s Wish

Parasite Eve 2 - I just couldn't beat the final boss. The one prior to that always took a toll on me. Unfortunately I don't have it any more.

I can't think of other one, truly
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 15:36   #8
Samsdad

Far Cry 5. That ending just trashes all of your efforts. It is too nihilist for my tastes.
Samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 17:53   #9
jajay119

Clock Tower 3: loved the entire game but the final boss fight was on a level of difficulty like nothing else in the game.

Heavenly Sword: final boss fight glitched and I couldn't progress. Wasn't restarting it again.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 20:02   #10
Linoshi Croft

The Evil Within. Everything was just so all over the place and directionless I just really couldn't be arsed with it any more. I did end up playing The Evil Within 2, which was a more focused and enjoyable experience.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote