www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Danerys 1 3.45%
Jon Snow 3 10.34%
Sansa 4 13.79%
Arya 1 3.45%
Bran 4 13.79%
Cersei 0 0%
Jamie 0 0%
Tyrion 1 3.45%
Brienne 0 0%
Ser Davos 1 3.45%
Gendry 0 0%
Sam 0 0%
Yara 0 0%
Jon & Dany's child 0 0%
The Night King was only playing possum. 1 3.45%
There is no winner (Westeros becomes free states) 7 24.14%
Lord Penguin, first of his name, King of TRF 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-05-19, 15:51   #1
Dennis's Mom

Default Who will win the Game of Thrones!!

Place yer bets! Who will emerge as the winner of the Iron Throne?

(Or are they the loser?)
Old 15-05-19, 15:55   #2
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

The Iron Throne gets destroyed and Westeros becomes an anarcho-syndicalist commune, obviously. It’ll be shocking, subvert expectations, but you will also find something in the many previous episodes that can be seen as foreshadowing (as long as you pick your examples carefully and ignore context).
Old 15-05-19, 16:36   #3
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

This is actually quite tricky considering where we are in the story.

-I don't think Danaerys, I think that would be too dark an ending now. So in some way or another she'll be gone, killed or back to Essos.

-I don't think Jon because he keeps saying he doesn't want the throne and I think even if they tried to force it onto him, he will say no.

-Sansa I think has a good chance but I don't want her to. She is supported by the Northerners, Knights of the Vale, the Riverlands (where her mother was from) and probably if she and Tyrion re-joined up, him being the last Lannister gives her support from the West. But another Queen - unlikely I think.

-Ayra I think is really unlikely and I don't think she'd want it anyway.

-Bran is a bit more likely but he didn't want to be Lord of Winterfell / King in the North, so why would he want this role? Although what he is going to do being the 3-eyed raven is a mystery.

-Tyrion being Dany's hand is going to be a bit tarnished reputation-wise by what she did and by being a Lannister (I mean Cersei has only just gone) so unless he remarries Sansa, I think no for him.

-Cersei & Jaime, I don't think it's possible they survived but who knows.

-I don't think Dany and Jon have a child.

Those are the main one's for me, the others I think extremely unlikely.

I can't really tell, so I suppose I'll go with Sansa. I don't actually think she will but I can't pick anyone more likely.
Old 15-05-19, 17:06   #4
Aquabird
Hobbyist

I went with no winner. Nobody on the list strikes me as wanting to claim the throne, so I reckon the Seven Kingdoms will split and become a bunch of feuding neighbours once more, as ever to the detriment of the innocent smallfolk. The wheel carries on turning.
Aquabird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 19:12   #5
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

A more serious reply than my previous one: I had always assumed that the series was heading for something where the squabbling of the lords and nobles would lead them to ignore the white walkers until it was too late. Then in the aftermath, the rebuilding of the political system would be in the hands of the women, the bastards, the ones who were mutilated and so on. In short, the ones who would never have been allowed to hold power under the old system, but who were actually good at wielding it. This seemed to be the thematic direction of the entire show.

And then Arya stabbed the Night King, so, no clue…

I guess it makes sense that for a show called "Game of Thrones", they actually end it by revealing who wins (or alternatively and perhaps more appropriately, by ending the game). And I guess that'll happen, and I don't really care which way it goes. But honestly, it's either Daenerys or nothing, and at this point I don't think it's her, so I think "nothing" is the most appropriate choice.

But this was really supposed to be "A Song of Ice and Fire". Right from the first episode we got shown this inhuman threat, and then immediately everyone ignored it in favour of politics, stupid ideals of honour and the eternal question of who sleeps with whom. That was supposed to bite them in the ass. Having the big confrontation between Ice (white walkers) and Fire (Daenerys, and perhaps all of humanity) not actually resolve anything is just really, really weird.
Old 15-05-19, 19:29   #6
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Voted Penguin because I can't get over the bad writing and character butchering that has been going on this season.

I just want to see how it all ends now, I don't even care whose butt sits the (new one I suppose) throne as long as it isn't Jon.
Old 15-05-19, 22:05   #7
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
But this was really supposed to be "A Song of Ice and Fire". Right from the first episode we got shown this inhuman threat, and then immediately everyone ignored it in favour of politics, stupid ideals of honour and the eternal question of who sleeps with whom. That was supposed to bite them in the ass. Having the big confrontation between Ice (white walkers) and Fire (Daenerys, and perhaps all of humanity) not actually resolve anything is just really, really weird.
See, I always thought the "Ice" referred to the North, Jon in particular. I've always felt it was really his story more than anyone's.
Old 15-05-19, 22:41   #8
sheepman23
Relic Hunter

Agreed, I thought "A Song of Ice and Fire" referred to Jon and Dany respectively. Melisandre even says in Season 7: "I've done my part. I've brought ice and fire together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
The Iron Throne gets destroyed and Westeros becomes an anarcho-syndicalist commune, obviously. It’ll be shocking, subvert expectations, but you will also find something in the many previous episodes that can be seen as foreshadowing (as long as you pick your examples carefully and ignore context).
Hahahahaha
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 23:24   #9
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

A huge part of me wants Dany to win; Just so we have some sort of an Ironic Twist where she ends up becoming the new Cersei on the Throne with Jon becoming her Consort .

For Jon fans... Its nothing personal. My younger brother likes his character and he likes Wolves . So as an Older Brother, I have to be the mean spirited one who looks down on everything Jon Snow is .
Old 15-05-19, 23:34   #10
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Honestly, I want Sansa to win. Although she's done absolutely nothing in the first seasons, she ended being probably one of the best characters later on imo.
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote