Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 17-01-21, 07:46   #1
highlander20816

Default Tomb Raider underworld controls AGAIN

Hello everyone how are you I don't mean to be a pain in the ass but I'm still having trouble getting past at one point I'm still in Thailand and I still can't get that wall down I'm at the point where you adjust the statues and catches sunlight then you go in and try to pull down that damn wall and I can't pull it down for the life of me if anyone can help me get past this please let me know cuz I can't get in at all but I thank you all for your earlier suggestions show me one please can think of anything please let me know like I said I'm in Thailand where you adjust to statues and pull down the big wall to get into the next part so if anyone can help me please let me know thank you very much Mike PS thank you again for your earlier help thanks Mike
highlander20816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-21, 11:34   #2
highlander20816

Default Tomb Raider underworld controls AGAIN

Hi I forgot I use Windows 10 and I have a PC thanks Mike
Old 17-01-21, 17:59   #3
Bridge
Inactive

Since you mentioned using the PC port, try making sure if v-sync is turned on or off because running at a framerate higher than 120 FPS might be bugging out the engine. I'd recommend turning v-sync on and trying again.

You should be able to pull the statue onto the collapsible floor afterwards by pressing Q to attach your grapple, then pressing E to pull, as always. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bridge; 17-01-21 at 18:01.
Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 18:48   #4
pitchtheripoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
Since you mentioned using the PC port, try making sure if v-sync is turned on or off because running at a framerate higher than 120 FPS might be bugging out the engine. I'd recommend turning v-sync on and trying again.

You should be able to pull the statue onto the collapsible floor afterwards by pressing Q to attach your grapple, then pressing E to pull, as always. Hope this helps.
I'd disable V-Sync completely unless you experience screen tearing. 9 times out of 10, unnecessary v-sync could cause performance issues.
pitchtheripoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 23:47   #5
perryloo

If you are stuck on PC version, you can get saves at stella website and bypass the problem area.

https://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR8saves.html
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 08:03   #6
highlander20816

Default Tomb Raider underworld controls AGAIN 2

Hello there hello how are you I thank you for your help and like I said I don't mean to be a pain in the ass I'm just trying to finish a game what I really need is the whole default profile the completed finish game that's what I did for the other two and they are working fine so someone can send me the entire completed default profile of the game that could be helpful and that might work thanks MIKE
Old 21-01-21, 13:16   #7
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchtheripoff View Post
I'd disable V-Sync completely unless you experience screen tearing. 9 times out of 10, unnecessary v-sync could cause performance issues.
When you disable v-sync in the LAU games, you then have to cap the frame rate or else the physics will go crazy. A while ago I figured out that 85 FPS is the maximum for a lot of older games (probably because 85Hz was pretty common in CRT monitors; also a lot of people always suggest 60 FPS as the maximum, but that seems to only be true for a couple of games), though Bridge mentioned that TRU can be played at 120 FPS. I haven't tried that, though.

Edit:
Tested it and 120 FPS works without breaking the physics, although the stone blocks that you have to put on pressure plates in some parts of the game slide around a bit when playing at this frame rate, so I wouldn't advice going higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander20816 View Post
Hello there hello how are you I thank you for your help and like I said I don't mean to be a pain in the ass I'm just trying to finish a game what I really need is the whole default profile the completed finish game that's what I did for the other two and they are working fine so someone can send me the entire completed default profile of the game that could be helpful and that might work thanks MIKE
If you just need a save file, you can get it from here: https://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR8saves.html

Last edited by Wooxman; 21-01-21 at 13:52.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 15:55   #8
pitchtheripoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
When you disable v-sync in the LAU games, you then have to cap the frame rate or else the physics will go crazy. A while ago I figured out that 85 FPS is the maximum for a lot of older games (probably because 85Hz was pretty common in CRT monitors; also a lot of people always suggest 60 FPS as the maximum, but that seems to only be true for a couple of games)
Oh, I didn't know that. That's interesting.
pitchtheripoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 17:44   #9
UroshUchiha

I remember when I got my 144hz monitor and did a replay of LAU. Unlocked the frame rate for TRU and I can confirm that physics break in some hilarious ways.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 19:18   #10
Wooxman

This is due to "lazy" programming. In a lot of games the devs will tie the tick rate to the frame rate, which works on consoles where games have a maximum frame rate, so the tick rate is predictable. But it doesn't work on PC where frame rates can be unlocked. Luckily modern games are better programmed and the devs have high frame rates in mind when coding stuff like physics engines.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote