www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 06-04-21, 11:11   #1891
Kubsy
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedu View Post
Hi!

Not sure if it's right topic. Is there any chance to download BtB 2020 Tibet wad? I was looking for it on TRSearch and LarasLevelBase but can't find it. Not sure if that was even relase.

Thanks for help
It is on trle.net under "build" with the rest of BtB packages
Old 06-04-21, 22:14   #1892
PedroTheGamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedu View Post
May the Force be with You!

you're welcome
Old 27-04-21, 06:01   #1893
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Does anyone already have a 3-click or 4-click slope stair object? I'm thinking of using them as a bridge to allow Lara to travel on a steeper slope. I've seen them around in custom levels, but haven't seen any specifically for download.
Old 29-04-21, 22:17   #1894
Mulf
Archaeologist

That's probably because these stair objects have to be quite specific for any given environment. The floor tiles below the stairs must be flat (otherwise floor collision interferes with that of the bridge), so you can't use room textures on the walls below. Any such walls must themselves be objects (either as part of the stairs, or as separate objects). This may not matter if you're thinking about placing the bridges in corridors, though.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-21, 22:34   #1895
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
That's probably because these stair objects have to be quite specific for any given environment. The floor tiles below the stairs must be flat (otherwise floor collision interferes with that of the bridge), so you can't use room textures on the walls below. Any such walls must themselves be objects (either as part of the stairs, or as separate objects). This may not matter if you're thinking about placing the bridges in corridors, though.
Oh that makes sense! The two things I was thinking of were pyramid steps (like the steps of Tikal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikal) - way steeper than 2 clicks) OR something like Indian stepwells (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepwell). I've been learning Meta, so can imagine some of the steps involved at least, but since I know some 4-click steps are already out there I thought I'd check to see if any had been / could be shared.
Old 29-04-21, 23:03   #1896
Mulf
Archaeologist

Maya pyramid stairs were the first thing I thought about when I learned about this TRNG feature.

EDIT:
Here's a simple untextured 4-click stairs object: https://www.sendspace.com/file/89vdb5
It has 8 steps, and a piece of wall attached on one side for the reasons stated above, but if you're going to use it on a Maya pyramid, you can just delete these faces. Or alter it in any other way you see fit.

Last edited by Mulf; 29-04-21 at 23:42.
Old 30-04-21, 16:20   #1897
LeelooBastet
Explorer

Quote:
Maya pyramid stairs were the first thing I thought about when I learned about this TRNG feature.
Is it possible to use those stairs in TE, and what are the setting so Lara can walk on please ?

I need Lara to be able to walk on 3 an 4 -click slopes...
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 16:55   #1898
l.m.
Student

Hello, is there a HD sunset / red sun horizon with texturing also at the floor?

What I mean is that most of the horizons below are not textured. But my level has abysses, so the horizon object below has to be fully textured. Does anyone know such a sunset horizon that is also in HD?

The ground has to be completely textured black and that black ground has to be textured seamlessly to the horizon texture.

Last edited by l.m.; 03-05-21 at 17:11.
l.m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 17:58   #1899
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:

EDIT:
Here's a simple untextured 4-click stairs object: https://www.sendspace.com/file/89vdb5
It has 8 steps, and a piece of wall attached on one side for the reasons stated above, but if you're going to use it on a Maya pyramid, you can just delete these faces. Or alter it in any other way you see fit.
Wow thank you! Thatís so cool! Iíve been traveling this week so I havenít gotten a chance to take a close look at it, but really appreciate the time you took to create it
Old 04-05-21, 01:38   #1900
Mulf
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeelooBastet View Post
Is it possible to use those stairs in TE, and what are the setting so Lara can walk on please ?
I should think so, provided your game version is TR4/TRNG. The BRIDGE_TILT4 object needs an OCB of 128 and a trigger (not necessarily of the Dummy type) on the same square. (The various types of bridges are covered in the 'Miscellaneous II' demo.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
Wow thank you! Thatís so cool! Iíve been traveling this week so I havenít gotten a chance to take a close look at it, but really appreciate the time you took to create it
Well, it's been sitting here anyway to be honest, as part of a level that's in the works. So no biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.m. View Post
The ground has to be completely textured black and that black ground has to be textured seamlessly to the horizon texture.
Why does your Horizon need a bottom when it's going to be plain black anyway?