www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-21, 12:57   #1
BengRaider
Hobbyist
 
BengRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Russia
Posts: 34
Default Help me please

Hello everyone. I need help building a level because I feel like I can't do it alone. One of my levels is already available online http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=3339and, to put it mildly, he is "not very". I did it alone, and there were only a few people who helped me with the models, etc. This is Elena Chub (thank you very much) and a couple of other people from whom I took models from the site trsearch.com. Well, if there is someone here who can make a cool level with me on the theme of the jungle in Peru for free, he boldly writes to me in messages or in the mail . If you have any questions, please write to me too in Messages or by email .

Last edited by BengRaider; 13-04-21 at 10:48. Reason: Non-working link
BengRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 19:39   #2
egypt_gypsie
Professor
 
egypt_gypsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staring directly into the sun.
Posts: 2,996
Default

I would suggest maybe following the tutorial that comes with the original TRLE, it teaches you a lot of basic stuff. I would also recommend studying the classic maps to get a feel for making geometry and designing gameplay.
__________________
“Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
egypt_gypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 08:10   #3
saintjunia
Student
 
saintjunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 115
Default

Создание уровней - сложное, кропотливое дело. Сначала будет много проблем, но в этом и прелесть - ты постепенно учишься новым вещам и создаешь все более классные комнаты. Как посоветовала egypt_gypsie, посмотри существующие туториалы, начни с официального буклета по ТРЛЕ. Советую скачать и использовать Tomb Editor, так как в нем проще и быстрее работать.

Еще советую начать с небольшого проекта - я еще на русских форумах видела как новички (включая меня несколько лет назад) берутся за огромный проект, есть куча идей и т.д., но из-за отсутствия умения и времени проекты закрываются. Ссылка на твой предыдущий уровень сломана, поэтому я не могу оценить уровень твоих умений, но если ты пишешь, что предыдущая попытка была не очень, то думаю, было не очень).

Если нужна помощь с нахождением туториалов/ресурсов или с объяснением чего-то на русском, пиши в личку. Еще мне интересно посмотреть на сузествующий уровень и его проблемы - можешь дать работающую ссылку сюда в тему и/или скриншоты? Чтобы мы могли посоветовать, над чем работать.

ENG:

Creating levels is a hard and time-consuming task. You will have many problems at first, but that is the beauty of it - slowly you will learn new things and create better and better rooms. Like egypt_gypsie advised, look through tutorials, begin with the official TRLE manual. i also advise to use Tomb Editor, because it is faster and easier to work with.

Also, I recommend beginning with smaller projects - on Russian forums I have seen many newbies (including me several years back) take up a large project with many ideas, but the lack of skill and time made them drop these projects. The link to your previous level is broken, so I cannot judge your skill, but if you say it isn't very good, I assume it's the truth.

If you need help with finding tutorials or resources or explaining anything in Russian, DM me. I am also interesting in seeing the previous level and its problems - can you post a link and/or screens? So we could give advice.
__________________
woah, das ist so philosophisch :o // working on TR: Shadows of the Past

Last edited by saintjunia; 13-04-21 at 10:36.
saintjunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 09:16   #4
AkyV
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 4,295
Exclamation

Please, write only in English, or edit the post for a parallel translation as well.
Thank you.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 09:29   #5
Mulf
Archaeologist
 
Mulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjunia View Post
Еще советую начать с небольшого проекта - я еще на русских форумах видела как новички (включая меня несколько лет назад) берутся за огромный проект, есть куча идей и т.д., но из-за отсутствия умения и времени проекты закрываются.
Indeed, that kind of thing has been known to happen. Not just in Russia. However, that's kind of the opposite of this builder's problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjunia View Post
Ссылка на твой предыдущий уровень сломана, поэтому я не могу оценить уровень твоих умений, но если ты пишешь, что предыдущая попытка была не очень, то думаю, было не очень).
This is the link that OP intended to post: http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=3339
If you read the reviews, you'll find that it's not so much technical issues that are a problem (although there are those, too), but absence of gameplay.

Last edited by Mulf; 13-04-21 at 09:41. Reason: Grammar. What else?
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 10:45   #6
BengRaider
Hobbyist
 
BengRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Russia
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
Indeed, that kind of thing has been known to happen. Not just in Russia. However, that's kind of the opposite of this builder's problem.



This is the link that OP intended to post: http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=3339
If you read the reviews, you'll find that it's not so much technical issues that are a problem (although there are those, too), but absence of gameplay.
Yes, this is the link
BengRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 10:56   #7
saintjunia
Student
 
saintjunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengRaider View Post
Yes, this is the link
Окей, поиграла я в твой уровень. Для теста хорошо, музыка понравилась и импортированная модель с анимациями из ангела тьмы, но это не готовая игра. Из технических проблем - звуки и load вместо названия ключа. Надо внимательно проверить xml файлы в SoundTool и переименовать объект в скрипте. Из геймплея - слишком прямолинейно, но это не главная проблема. Лично для меня, именно атмосфера - главная проблема. Стены плоские, есть дыры в них, комнаты полупустые. Вместо нового уровня, как насчет того, чтобы улучшить этот? Подольше посидеть, сделать его живым, исправить тех. ошибки и добавить геймплея.

ENG:

Ok, I've played your level. It is good as a test, I liked the music, and the imported AOD model, but that is not a completed game. From the technical issues, there are messed up sounds and the "load" object name. You should check xml files in SoundTool and rename the item in the script. The gameplay is too linear, but personally, I think the atmosphere is the biggest problem. The walls are thin, there are holes, the rooms are half-empty. Instead of making a new level, how about improving this one? Spend more time, make it look alive, correct tech. mistakes and expand the gameplay.
__________________
woah, das ist so philosophisch :o // working on TR: Shadows of the Past
saintjunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 12:38   #8
BengRaider
Hobbyist
 
BengRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Russia
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjunia View Post
Окей, поиграла я в твой уровень. Для теста хорошо, музыка понравилась и импортированная модель с анимациями из ангела тьмы, но это не готовая игра. Из технических проблем - звуки и load вместо названия ключа. Надо внимательно проверить xml файлы в soundtool и переименовать объект в скрипте. Из геймплея - слишком прямолинейно, но это не главная проблема. Лично для меня, именно атмосфера - главная проблема. Стены плоские, есть дыры в них, комнаты полупустые. Вместо нового уровня, как насчет того, чтобы улучшить этот? Подольше посидеть, сделать его живым, исправить тех. ошибки и добавить геймплея.

Eng:

Ok, i've played your level. It is good as a test, i liked the music, and the imported aod model, but that is not a completed game. From the technical issues, there are messed up sounds and the "load" object name. You should check xml files in soundtool and rename the item in the script. The gameplay is too linear, but personally, i think the atmosphere is the biggest problem. The walls are thin, there are holes, the rooms are half-empty. Instead of making a new level, how about improving this one? Spend more time, make it look alive, correct tech. Mistakes and expand the gameplay.
На счёт улучшения уровня, у меня сохранился файл проекта в немного не вот состоянии, в котором уровень был выпущен. Да и впринце он не сохранился и только из-за этого я перестал делать что то с ним дальше, хотя из файла который остался можно что нибудь слепить. Там не все потеряно а только 20% от всего уровня

Eng:

At the expense of improving the level, I have saved the project file in a slightly different state in which the level was released. Yes, and in the first place it was not saved, and only because of this I stopped doing something with it further, although from the file that remained, you can make something. There is not all lost, but only 20% of the entire level

Last edited by BengRaider; 13-04-21 at 12:39. Reason: English, please
BengRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.