Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 24-12-13, 23:40   #1
TombFan1996

Default FloorEdit2 - Run-time error 429

I am trying to load Floor Edit 3.1 on Windows 8, and the error ActiveX component cant create object appears, ive done some research into it but everything i try doesnt work, nobody seems to have the same problem as me, does anybody know how to get past this issue???
TombFan1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 20:06   #2
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Flooredit being an old TR tool (made in 2002) may be difficult to run on win8, without addition programs to get visuals working, or may not run at all.

You could mess around with the above pulling your hair out, but here is the easy solution...

Invest in an old winXP computer or laptop to get some old TR tools running, as they were origonally meant for win 95, 98, vista, xp.

I had the same problem with scripter4 which can be run with win7 with a lot of additional programs and difficulty, but it works fine on an old winXP computer I bought cheap on Ebay

What I do now is swap information between my new computer and old computer using memory sticks to get results from old TR tools. Though another solution would be to network them together, which I have not got round to yet.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 20:30   #3
putlara

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombFan1996 View Post
I am trying to load Floor Edit 3.1 on Windows 8, and the error ActiveX component cant create object appears, ive done some research into it but everything i try doesnt work, nobody seems to have the same problem as me, does anybody know how to get past this issue???
I'm having the same problem did you find a workaround for this issue?
putlara is offline   Reply With Quote