www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 19-05-22, 17:15   #15281
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
Hey guys, I have two questions
I have created a water droplet that falls into a small pool of water and makes a gutter sound. I was wondering if it is possible to add a sprite to it, like when Lara falls into water. Is it possible?
Is this droplet an object?
Then how about something like this:
First, make the droplet able to activate Heavy triggers. (See Enemy Script command for this.)
Then: where the droplet falls into water, there is a Heavy trigger to activate a TriggerGroup (F118, with „multiplate” or „single” parameter – try which is better for you).
The TriggerGroup in the script has:
- first a Condition trigger which checks the actual room of the object (number or water environment, or anything) if it is the water room of that object (so not the air one above it) - eg. C212 of my Plugin#1,
- then this executable trigger:

AnimCommand. If current item is wading water, add to him twirls (ripples) with <&>Intensity in (E)quantity (F370)

(In this setup perhaps it is not a good idea to place the droplet in the editor on the same sector where Heavy is. Try it.)

Quote:
Second question is how do I increase dart emitter damage?
thank you in advance!
CUST_DARTS + DRT_PERFOM_TRIGGERGROUP

The TriggerGroup is:
Lara. (Health) Poison Lara with <&>intensity of poison (F113)

Or if you mean not the poisoning to increase, but the HP, then there also is another Flipeffect for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
One of Aky's plugins has a condition to check for shatter state i'll have to verify which one (or Aky will stop by with it)
For the zillion triggers of my Plugin#1, here is a chart to help:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...95&postcount=1
Anyway, it is:
216:Statics. <#> Object has a (E) wholeness status

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.m. View Post
thanks justin. is there a possibility to use akyv triggers without opening the NGLE?
Because it always crash and I cannot see the trigger list to export them.
I wonder why your NGLE acts like that, but that is not the question now.
My answer is that this tutorial describes how you can identify trigger export values without being able to automatically creating them by NGLE or TE:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=226284

Last edited by AkyV; 19-05-22 at 17:25.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 18:51   #15282
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I'm trying to change default SARCOPHAGUS animation for one instance of an object. I made a simple script that checks if animation 439 is playing and then I force new animation (475). The animation plays as expected, but unfortunately Lara doesn't pick up the items from the SARCOPHAGUS item when a different animation is played. Is there a way to work around this issue without changing SARCOPHAGUS object?

So far I tried making default PICKUP_SARCOPHAGUS anim 0 frames long, but it seems the pickup moment is hardcoded to particular frame that isn't played if animation is too long or if another animation is forced. What should I do?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-22, 18:54   #15283
l.m.
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Is this droplet an object?
Then how about something like this:
First, make the droplet able to activate Heavy triggers. (See Enemy Script command for this.)
Then: where the droplet falls into water, there is a Heavy trigger to activate a TriggerGroup (F118, with „multiplate” or „single” parameter – try which is better for you).
The TriggerGroup in the script has:
- first a Condition trigger which checks the actual room of the object (number or water environment, or anything) if it is the water room of that object (so not the air one above it) - eg. C212 of my Plugin#1,
- then this executable trigger:

AnimCommand. If current item is wading water, add to him twirls (ripples) with <&>Intensity in (E)quantity (F370)

(In this setup perhaps it is not a good idea to place the droplet in the editor on the same sector where Heavy is. Try it.)

CUST_DARTS + DRT_PERFOM_TRIGGERGROUP

The TriggerGroup is:
Lara. (Health) Poison Lara with <&>intensity of poison (F113)

Or if you mean not the poisoning to increase, but the HP, then there also is another Flipeffect for that.

For the zillion triggers of my Plugin#1, here is a chart to help:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...95&postcount=1
Anyway, it is:
216:Statics. <#> Object has a (E) wholeness status

I wonder why your NGLE acts like that, but that is not the question now.
My answer is that this tutorial describes how you can identify trigger export values without being able to automatically creating them by NGLE or TE:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=226284
Thank you. I will try tomorrow!
Old 19-05-22, 19:25   #15284
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I'm trying to change default SARCOPHAGUS animation for one instance of an object. I made a simple script that checks if animation 439 is playing and then I force new animation (475). The animation plays as expected, but unfortunately Lara doesn't pick up the items from the SARCOPHAGUS item when a different animation is played. Is there a way to work around this issue without changing SARCOPHAGUS object?

So far I tried making default PICKUP_SARCOPHAGUS anim 0 frames long, but it seems the pickup moment is hardcoded to particular frame that isn't played if animation is too long or if another animation is forced. What should I do?
A workaround can be not using the usual method, even not placing the item - Lara won't see it inside, anyway.
I suggest a GlobalTrigger condition, which checks animation (perhaps in one-shot and/or also checking a frame), executing an Inventory flipeffect to add that item to the inventory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.m. View Post
Thank you. I will try tomorrow!
You are welcome! I bet you can do it easily - though, it needs some time to compute.
Old 20-05-22, 00:19   #15285
Richard_trle
Explorer

Quote:
H̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶?̶

/edit

Worked like a charm

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...1&postcount=50

Thank you AkyV

Last edited by Richard_trle; 20-05-22 at 03:52.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-22, 02:15   #15286
justin
Professor

Default Increasing Lara's max health

Hey everyone! I just randomly had an idea to increase Lara's max health in the middle of a level. Has anyone attempted this? I know we can add numbers to the Health memory zone, but obviously this doesn't increase the max allowed HP (I think Lara becomes invincible if more than 1002 or something is added).

I am hoping there is some hidden memory that controls the max and it can be changed.
Old 21-05-22, 11:23   #15287
AkyV

Hello!
I don't think it is possible, but you may try some tricks. Though, it surely needs heavy scripting and variables.

My tip:
So you eg. want 2000 max HP instead of 1000.
Then you swap it for a trick: the max HP remains 1000, but it will be lost TWICE slowly than usual.
Eg. Lara is hurt by an HP100 bullet hit, HP turns from 1000 to 900. So it is minus 100 difference. With it being slowly twice than that, it should be minus 50, so its should turn from 1000 only to 950.
So you place Lara's initial HP (1000) into X variable (a simple one shot trigger, either scripted or local).
Then you keep running a GlobalTrigger which checks if X variable is more than actual HP.
If it is, then the GlobalTrigger creates the difference (1000-900=100), dividing it by 2 (100/2=50), then you add that modified difference to the actual HP (900+50=950), in Variable Y. (Be careful with one shot here, you need that.)
Then you swap the Variable X value (900) for Variable Y value (950), in the same GlobalTrigger, also copying 950 into the HP memory zone field - for refreshing both Variable X and HP.
I hope GlobalTrigger will nicely follow this command order.

It should be tested, because I don't know what happens if Lara gets more and more hurt by fast hits, in moments, so the GlobalTrigger hardly can follow the realtime happenings.
Old 21-05-22, 13:18   #15288
justin
Professor

Excellent idea, Aky! I am definitely concerned with stuff like fire damage, but I'll test it out and see what happens. Thanks

Update - I think I got something working:

Parameters= PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS,1000
TriggerGroup= 1,$2000,263,$0030 ; Copy Big0 to Global Long Alfa
GlobalTrigger= 1,FGT_SINGLE_SHOT,GT_ALWAYS,IGNORE,IGNORE,1,IGNORE
TriggerGroup= 2,$2000,256,$0CFF, $8000,48,$003A ; Copy HP to Current, IF Current < Global Long Alfa
TriggerGroup= 3,$2000,286,$0030, $2000,253,$02FF, $2000,285,$0030, > ; Subtract Global Long Alfa from Current, Divide Current by 2, Add Global Long Alfa to Current
$2000,257,$0CFF, $2000,256,$0C30 ; Copy Current to HP, Copy HP to Global Long Alfa
GlobalTrigger= 2,FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED+FGT_DISABLED,GT_CONDITIO N_GROUP,IGNORE,2,3,IGNORE

So far, it works outside of flame damage. Is there a way to check if Lara is on Fire? I'm surprised there isn't a simple condition for this, so it must be a memory zone that I haven't found.

Either way, this is a cool start

*More updates!* I discovered that Lara's Special Status 1 becomes 12 when on fire (default value is 4). So I created another trigger that slowly heals lara when that value is 12, simulating that she burns more slowly because she has "higher HP"

Last edited by justin; 21-05-22 at 22:38.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-22, 23:44   #15289
AkyV

My plugin1 C149 checks if Lara is burning.
Old 21-05-22, 23:49   #15290
justin
Professor

Quote:
My plugin1 C149 checks if Lara is burning.
Omg of course thanks again, friend!