Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 17-11-19, 21:18   #21
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDigito View Post
Better late than never, but ya'll wrong. According to Pandora, it's The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. They issued a CD Compilation called; 'The Tomb Raider Suite' -2017. Should have known. No expense soared for our beloved Lara!
Nathan McCree composed Venice Violins himself in 1997. He even acknowledged this in an interview IIRC. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra remastered the soundtrack under the name ‘The Tomb Raider Suite’, with McCree still being in the picture...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 05:25   #22
MDigito

Well that's misleading. When you're right, you're right. Good job. Working on Shadow right now. Amazing how far they've come.
MDigito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 07:16   #23
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Nathan McCree composed Venice Violins himself in 1997. He even acknowledged this in an interview IIRC. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra remastered the soundtrack under the name ‘The Tomb Raider Suite’, with McCree still being in the picture...
The correct term would be 're-recorded'. If it's a remaster it's using the same elements as the original recordings (synth recordings, in this case) but mastered in a new way.

Last edited by ggctuk; 25-11-19 at 08:52.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-19, 19:22   #24
Baslakor

You know that meme; can I copy your homework? Ok, but change it so the teacher doesn't notice..?

This is Vivaldi - Four Seasons (Winter):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCfydWF48c
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-19, 20:05   #25
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
You know that meme; can I copy your homework? Ok, but change it so the teacher doesn't notice..?

This is Vivaldi - Four Seasons (Winter):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCfydWF48c
The main ostinato of Venice Violins is the same as The T-Rex played in major. I can hear influences for sure, but it's hardly a case of 'copying someone else's composition then changing it a little'.
Old 24-11-19, 20:53   #26
medioka_music

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
The correct term would be 're-recorded'. If it's a remaster it's using the same elements as the original recordings (synth recordings, in this case) but mixed in a new way.
You're actually misusing the term remaster as well. While you're correct that it would include using the original recording it doesn't include mixing the parts differently. What you're referring to is actually remixing. Remastering involves going to the original mix and mastering it again. Which normally includes adjusting the EQ and compression.
medioka_music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-19, 08:52   #27
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by medioka_music View Post
You're actually misusing the term remaster as well. While you're correct that it would include using the original recording it doesn't include mixing the parts differently. What you're referring to is actually remixing. Remastering involves going to the original mix and mastering it again. Which normally includes adjusting the EQ and compression.
My mistake I'm my defence, I had barely woken up when I wrote that.