Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 13-09-21, 17:41   #31
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Something they couldn't for their own Marvel's game, ironically.
The budget for that game would have to be like 300 million and Robert Downey would probably get 1/3 of it. Not worth it.

At any rate, I do wonder how this will work going forward. They talk about unifying the timeline, but then drop Camilla as Reboot Lara's voice actress. I don't know how I'll feel about another voice coming out of that version of the character.

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 13-09-21 at 17:43.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 17:41   #32
AntRaidsTombs

Why do people thing Camilla isn’t coming back because she’s not playing the Netflix character? That has nothing to do with anything lol.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 17:43   #33
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
The budget for that game would have to be like 300 million and Robert Downey would probably get 1/3 of it. Not worth it.
Of course they couldn't. Even just one of them would be a bad idea because people would complain "why this one and not the other ones".
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 18:03   #34
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I remember some fans here wishing her as the new voice actress, they should be in heaven right now.
I certainly am! Hayley has been on my top 3 list for Lara for some time. These news are a dream! I still can't quite believe it!

I really do hope she's also voicing Lara in future games.

Last edited by Amunet; 13-09-21 at 18:05.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 18:06   #35
Persefone

OH my god her voice is so perfect for Lara, I remember also watching an interview she did in that Craig Ferguson talkshow years ago and thinking she'd play a flawless live action reboot Lara I really hope the devs consider hiring her to voice video game Lara aswell
Persefone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 18:51   #36
Tonyrobinson

I will say the anime for me was just a cool little spin off I'd probably not watch or get round to it eventually but with Hayley attached it's officially a day one binge.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 19:46   #37
Dingaling
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Why do people thing Camilla isn’t coming back because she’s not playing the Netflix character? That has nothing to do with anything lol.
It has been mentioned: we know the anime follows Shadow and leads into the unified timeline so it's an interesting decision that they have not chosen Camilla to continue with the voice if they are all connected.
Dingaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 20:25   #38
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling View Post
It has been mentioned: we know the anime follows Shadow and leads into the unified timeline so it's an interesting decision that they have not chosen Camilla to continue with the voice if they are all connected.
I mean they do this all the time though. For example, MK cartoon movies don’t use the people who play the in game characters. That doesn’t mean Camilla won’t be back.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 20:48   #39
tomblover

There's also the fact that Camilla used to bill herself as the voice of Lara in her Twitter bio, but that's not there anymore. I'm not sure when she changed it though.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 21:04   #40
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Hayley is a popular actress and the anime also takes place right after Shadow. She's isn't a random person that could just fill in for Camilla. They're most likely paying big bucks to have her on board. I don't see them hiring her to just then go back to Camilla for the next game. That wouldn't make much sense tbh.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote