www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 14-10-21, 21:04   #9311
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

I think the sounds and written messages alerting of nearby tombs are less of a hint and more of a warning.

As if they weren't concerned about people missing them, but the opposite: "BEWARE, this is not part of the main game. This content is entirely optional, and you probably don't enjoy detours. We don't want you to feel you're wasting your time here. You have been warned."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Funnily enough I missed a Crypt entrance in ROTTR the first time around because it was very well hidden, in soviet installation. The one you need to squeeze through a wall to reach, down from the campfire
Same here. I loved that one! That's how they should all be if they insist on making hubs and side areas.
Old 14-10-21, 23:25   #9312
tomblover
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Could be a nice way to bring that tune back.
Or the unused variant from TR1:

Old 15-10-21, 14:26   #9313
Raider8
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Why would the first game getting a pass here ? If it's wrong, it's wrong for all games.
To introduce the players to the concept of optionally explorable challenge tombs and to make them familize with em since it was something new to the series back in 2013. So in the later games players would be intrigued to know what happened to those and then someone would find one and be amazed by the larger scale of it. It wasn't necessary to spoon feed every tomb from well of tears all the way to Tree of Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Funnily enough I missed a Crypt entrance in ROTTR the first time around because it was very well hidden, in soviet installation. The one you need to squeeze through a wall to reach, down from the campfire
Same. It was so well hidden. Bravo to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Those cripts were always my favourite to find because of that: I only found them because I decided to explore and see what I could do and if there was something interesting nearby. Imagine if the challenge tombs also worked that way, it would feel amazing finding them!
Yup. Imagine if tombs were all cleverly hidden throughout the game world without any hint or marker on the map and just a "There are a total of 9 tombs in the game. Explore and raid them all" type of hint on the loading screen or 0/9 hidden tombs completed stats somewhere. They could scream about the ones in the first game but in Rise and Shadow it would be totally upto the player to find them all.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 17:59   #9314
TR1249
Archaeologist

Reloaded got delayed and will be relased in 2022

https://twitter.com/tombraider_ed/st...VT8V9YT_Q&s=19
Old 15-10-21, 21:22   #9315
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Reloaded got delayed and will be relased in 2022

https://twitter.com/tombraider_ed/st...VT8V9YT_Q&s=19
Not surprised by this, it's being developed by a very small team and it was probably revealed way too early.
Old 15-10-21, 23:20   #9316
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

tbh I think the more effort they put in the worse it gets because the gameplay and the grind is what the problem is for me. And that isn't going to be fixed by a delay. The style of gameplay they've chosen is just not my cup of tea at all. If it just had a normal level system like Lara Croft Go it would be different. It's just a shame.
Old 15-10-21, 23:36   #9317
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
tbh I think the more effort they put in the worse it gets because the gameplay and the grind is what the problem is for me. And that isn't going to be fixed by a delay. The style of gameplay they've chosen is just not my cup of tea at all. If it just had a normal level system like Lara Croft Go it would be different. It's just a shame.
Exactly, I already posted a very lengthy feedback in the discord, but this game is unbelievably difficult and extremely unfair to players. Like the tomb of Qualapec boss being able to instant kill you even when you grind your HP up in the 5 digits.

And then you have the bonus wheels where they only give you 300 coins which is laughable given that most of the stuff that you need to upgrade is on average around 50,000 coins. It's completely useless and the gems? You need 300 of them in order to open a chest for good gear, yet the wheel will only award you around 10 if your lucky to actually land on a gem.

Then there are the daily side quests that are nearly impossible to complete. Like the ones that demand you kill 600 enemies while your HP reminds at or below 25%.

Then there is the gameplay itself where the traps are cheap and unfair. For example one room will have dart traps and falling bolders, but then you have a spinning blade coming from behind you forcing you to run directly into the darts and you can't stop because the relic will disappear if your even a fraction of a second late.

They do so many things in the game to force you to spend a ridiculous amount of money to just make any progress. I've been on St. Francis Folley and I'm not going to continue anymore runs personally. The levels are just way too ******** and you barely get anything decent for all the effort the game demands. This game is not ready at all and imo requires a massive overhaul of many of the mechanics in the base game alone.

I really hope they take the extra time they have now to really overhaul these major issues because this game imo will be a massive flop on release day if something doesn't change at some point.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 15-10-21 at 23:38.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 15:50   #9318
jeffrey van oort
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
I mean this in the nicest way possible but your posts NEVER make any sense

Yamatai is in Japan of course but me not liking it doesn't have anything to do with Japan which I actually think is a gorgeous place that I'd love to visit someday. Tokyo in Legend has nothing to do with Yamatai whatsoever. It's an urban setting, Yamatai is anything but. It's like suggesting that if I dislike US in Chronicles I also somehow dislike the US level in TRIII

To me, other that the architecture, obviously, and one (ONE) Sakura tree in the entire game I don't think they really nailed down the Japanese aesthetic as much as they could have. If it wasn't for the Japanese buildings Yamatai could easily be any island anywhere in the world because the flora and the way it's stractured looks extremely generic.
Lara Croft: "I mean to be cold. "