www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 24-10-21, 21:05   #741
Bio_Cell
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
I was also going to ask for some opinions about the amount of health items you find as Lara. I always felt like there were too many of them but with this mod there are even more of them now so I was thinking if I should remove some of them or replace some of them with ones that heal less (or just replace them with ammo maybe?). I would mostly do this to the ones in obvious spots so the hard to get ones would remain the same, making them more rewarding to collect. What do you guys think about this?
I agree and i want to show you an idea to have more duals ammo and less health items/shotgan shells.

Parisian backstreets

These two kits could be removed

Derelict Apartment Block

These bandages could be removed

In this room the K2-battery and shotgun shells in the two cabinets could be replaced with Vector ammo

Same for the bandages in the cabinet of this room

Industrial Roof Tops

Those bandages could be removed

The big kit, the K2-battery, the shotgun shells could be replaced with Vector ammo

Le Serpent Rouge

The first big kit could be removed, the second one could be replaced with Vector ammo

St. Aicard's Graveyard

Also those bandages could be replaced with duals ammo

Louvre Storm Drains

Personally, i think this kit could be simply placed in another part of the level to increase a sort of "exploration feeling".

It can be placed on that platform above Lara, because there is nothing to collect there

Louvre Galleries

One of these health item could be replaced with dual clips

This could be removed

Both health items in these rooms could be replaced with duals ammo

The Archeological Dig

The guard in the first container drops a K2-Impact gun. Since Lara already has one (and those battery are buggy), it can be replaced with vector ammo.

Tomb of Ancient

These bandages could be replaced with vector clips (there are already others on top of the circular room waiting for us on our way back)

The Hall of Seasons

In Neptune's Hall one of those shotgun shells could be replaced with duals ammo. Same for the two health items

In the Sanctuary of Flame, one of those two items (health bandages or shotgun shells) could be replaced with vector ammo

Same for these two in the elevator

In the Hall of Seasons "attic", the shotgun shells could be removed (or replaced with other weapons ammo and placed elsewhere) and the health item replaced with duals clips

Replacing only these two shotgun clips with duals ammo would be great for the boss fight!

Von Croy's Apartment

Same for these two health kits (in the new update of the level there are too many)

Monstrum Crimescene

This can be replaced with duals ammo (there's already another identical one in Vasiley's place)

Strahov Fortress

This kit could be replaced with dual Vector or Scorpion-X ammo and placed elsewhere

My suggestion is to place it at the top of the first room of the level reached by a staircase that has no purpose in vanilla game

Bio-Research Facility

In vanilla version of the game, there are five vector clips placed in this level (one of them is hidden very well). To get more vector ammo, the health items to replace could be these

The one in the last screen could be replaced and placed elsewhere: i think the best positions are 1) underwater (to make the level more difficult) and exactly here

2) or in one of these two empty cabinets

In the last room of the level Lara finds pills and bandages in two lockers. I think the bandages could be replaced with vector or scorpion-X clips.

The Vault of Throphies

Those bandages could be replaced or removed

The second Aqua-lung in this room could be replaced with Scorpion-X loader because it has no purpose

End Section

Also this health kit could be replaced with vector ammo (for the final battle).

Same for the kit placed in Eckhardt's Lab

Sorry, this post is too long!

Last edited by Bio_Cell; 25-10-21 at 19:48.
Bio_Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-21, 21:24   #742
reborninshadow
Historian

Hmm yeah that's a good suggestion Jathom but I feel like there should still be a couple of lines about Lara being interested in the herbs that could go after the herbalist says "Would you like to purchase something?". I think you could get away with repurposing the slots for the lines about the doorman needing money and a password. I always found it weird how this random herbalist knows about that anyway. So the conversation would end like:

- "Find him and I find Bouchard?"
- "Yes, probably."
- "What would I need?"
- "I'm afraid I can't help you there."
- "OK, thanks anyway."

@Bio_Cell: Thanks for the suggestions
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-21, 21:26   #743
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Hmm yeah that's a good suggestion Jathom but I feel like there should still be a couple of lines about Lara being interested in the herbs that could go after the herbalist says "Would you like to purchase something?". I think you could get away with repurposing the slots for the lines about the doorman needing money and a password. I always found it weird how this random herbalist knows about that anyway. So the conversation would end like:

- "Yes, probably."
- "What would I need?"
- "OK, thanks anyway."
Yeah, sure! I think that would work well.
Old 27-10-21, 16:43   #744
Jathom95
Explorer

Hey Reborn, if you ever touch up Von Croy's Apartment again, I have a small improvement idea.

I've always found it weird when the Cleaner throws away his Viper with two fully loaded magazines alongside it. I got to thinking, why not just have the initial pickup be the gun itself with no ammo (I'm assuming it doesn't have any by default or very little if it does). Then, move the clips to other parts of the level to encourage exploration. You could rationalize it by saying that in his haste to trap Lara his own ammo is falling out as he's going along. Makes much more sense imo. The game already kind of does this too with the two clips near the end where you have to kill him.

You could have one be a little more obvious in case players don't pick up any of the other pickups, so they'd at least have a little bit of ammo. Maybe right before one of the laser traps or something.

Last edited by Jathom95; 27-10-21 at 16:48.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-21, 16:55   #745
reborninshadow
Historian

Smile

I'll consider it when I get back to working on the mod . I only adjusted the items on Neptune's Hall atm.

I did a test in Galleries Under Siege where I made every enemy spawn immediately and there were a total of 7 enemies in that area where you first encounter a soldier. I can't tell if there are any unused ones there since I am not entirely sure how they spawn still lol. Could you tell how many are supposed to spawn in that area Jathom when you do everything to make them spawn properly?
Old 27-10-21, 17:04   #746
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
I did a test in Galleries Under Siege where I made every enemy spawn immediately and there were a total of 7 enemies in that area where you first encounter a soldier. I can't tell if there are any unused ones there since I am not entirely sure how they spawn still lol. Could you tell how many are supposed to spawn in that area Jathom when you do everything to make them spawn properly?
If you do everything to make them all spawn, then I think seven is about right if counting the ones that show up by default. There's two that will only spawn after you come back downstairs after obtaining the respirator by default, so I'm assuming spawning them all at once makes them go ahead and appear.

The only other one besides those is the one that rolls out from behind the column if you go the wrong way right at the start.
Old 27-10-21, 17:55   #747
TRJTA
Professor

Quote:

- "Yes, probably."
- "What would I need?"
- "OK, thanks anyway."

@Bio_Cell: Thanks for the suggestions
Ah yes I totally agree with this!
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-21, 16:54   #748
Jathom95
Explorer

@TRJTA Hey, I've been meaning to ask. What version of the Restoration Pack are you planning to use for your Definitive Edition (I think I read where you were planning to anyway).

Even though there's probably a lot of longtime players that would prefer having it closer to the original retail release, there's a lot in Alternate that honestly just makes the game feel more complete and cohesive. Like the no early weapons thing since the earlier levels were built around that mindset. It's the version I play with now, and I honestly don't see myself going back to the original layout now. It's that much of an improvement to me.

Anyway, was just curious.

Last edited by Jathom95; 28-10-21 at 16:55.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-21, 18:24   #749
reborninshadow
Historian

He will do it for the Alternate version for sure (not sure if it will be 2 options like mine) since he was more interested in that when discussing with me and gave me suggestions specifically for that as well.

I will also do some new adjustments for his project since he wants to do some more story and gameplay changes.
Old 28-10-21, 18:38   #750
Jathom95
Explorer

Smile

Quote:
He will do it for the Alternate version for sure (not sure if it will be 2 options like mine) since he was more interested in that when discussing with me and gave me suggestions specifically for that as well.

I will also do some new adjustments for his project since he wants to do some more story and gameplay changes.
Thank you for answering Reborn.

And that sounds exciting! I'm really looking forward to those because you two have already helped improve the game so much.