Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 07-03-19, 17:54   #351
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
A proper crouch move rather than or as well as the scramble move. Especially if they're planning on adding more traps that require it. It could also replace the current automatic crouch Lara does when going through low tunnels.
I’d like this. It’s been missing since Underworld.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 19:14   #352
Chamayoo

Quote:
A proper crouch move rather than or as well as the scramble move. Especially if they're planning on adding more traps that require it. It could also replace the current automatic crouch Lara does when going through low tunnels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I’d like this. It’s been missing since Underworld.
I agree, it was really unnecessary to remove this feature and made it automatic, it's even really odd. I would like also the possibility to jump from a ledge or a ladder in the opposite direction to be back. Strange remove too.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 19:45   #353
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I agree, it was really unnecessary to remove this feature and made it automatic, it's even really odd. I would like also the possibility to jump from a ledge or a ladder in the opposite direction to be back. Strange remove too.
It's one of my biggest criticisms with combat, nothing beats backing into cover while hurt, then for a melee guy to charge from an angle Lara SHOULD be able to just shoot him while crouching.

But nah, its pretty much responsible for most of my deaths in 2013. (The others were due to how the QTE's for the bosses are practically impossible on Hard mode.)

GTA V also did this and it was annoying in that game too.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 19:52   #354
paulojr_mam

The videos Wooxman posted on the "Things the Survivor Trilogy nailed" thread made me think of something. That the cover doesn't need to be a system, and it'd probably be better that way. Lara could hide herself behind stuff, with a manual crouch. It would be better for gameplay (because it's more hands-on and freeform) and also for realism (because in real life you also don't know if you're "covered").

Last edited by paulojr_mam; 07-03-19 at 19:54.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 17:15   #355
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
Exactly, like using an artefacts on the table so we Lara's hands and we control some basic mechanics like rotating stuff left and right, consulting the map and papers on the table than getting back to the artefact and at any point we can take a break and walk around the plane/boat/smth and talk to others, little things like that... idk why but it stuck to my brain last night couldn't stop imagining it haha
Just read through these, and I like this thought.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 21:50   #356
OrangeFr3ak

For me, I’d like to see Lara swimmimg or diving in the open ocean/sea. There could be a even a shipwreck section and enemies can include sharks as well as human divers.
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 22:02   #357
paulojr_mam

I wish for sparse combat with few enemie(s) interspersed with steps in large, multi-room puzzles.
Quote:
A proper crouch move rather than or as well as the scramble move.
Lara could remain crouched if you held the dodge button and, voila, we have a crouch button.
Old 11-03-19, 11:46   #358
FanosCroft

The death animations were really entertaining in the trilogy, I hope theyre back.
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 13:23   #359
johnanonymouz

Climbing integrated into combat. Enemies in challenge tombs. Braid and backpack (I find them way more iconic than dual pistols or shorts). Climbing with bare hands. Egypt. Completely reworked animations. Bigger tombs (like whole ass gigantic tombs) filled with a ton of climbing and levers......I want the tomb to act as the whole level compared to something on the side! Opening doors with keys. Combining items would also be fun. No supernatural enemies. Lara being in her mid or late 30s.

Last edited by johnanonymouz; 11-03-19 at 13:24.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 13:57   #360
paulojr_mam

^Oh the braid, it must come back ASAP.

I also want the return of the unfathomable, unexpected, exotic, bizarre and quirky. Rooms with weird geometry, unintelligible architechture. Underwater sphinxes, underwater caves with sinked ships, breathing walls, floating islands.

Like this thing with a weird building embedded in the ceiling, fiery things everywhere and a pyramid-like structure.

Even the rooms with random platforms you didn't knew how people moved around in, levers and devices that don't make sense, contraptions with hidden mechanisms where you don't know if it's magic or sufficiently advanced science, those things helped the sense that you were in a place where once lived people you can't even begin to understand. It was the perfect, if accidental, storytelling through gameplay.

Probably that means better art direction for the tombs and less realism.

Last edited by paulojr_mam; 11-03-19 at 14:42. Reason: completeness