www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 26-04-21, 14:38   #81
LeelooBastet
Explorer

Thanks alot ! Not easy to find back posts
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 16:37   #82
Kubsy
Historian

Hey does this addon support Wad2?
Old 04-07-21, 08:12   #83
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Is this addon still in works? I see latest changes are from 4 months ago.

I wanted to try and modify Horus Goddess' Lara outfit, but when I open my wad file I get this error:
Code:
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\pmkko\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\wadblender\__init__.py", line 249, in execute
    return import_wad(context, self.type, options)
  File "C:\Users\pmkko\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\wadblender\__init__.py", line 103, in import_wad
    lara.main(materials, wad, options)
  File "C:\Users\pmkko\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\wadblender\lara.py", line 28, in main
    main_collection.children.link(col_lara)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'children'

My WAD is pretty simple, it only has these objects:

Code:
LARA:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA.prk
PISTOLS_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\PISTOLS_ANIM.prk
UZI_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\UZI_ANIM.prk
SHOTGUN_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUN_ANIM.prk
CROSSBOW_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_ANIM.prk
GRENADE_GUN_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_ANIM.prk
SIXSHOOTER_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\SIXSHOOTER_ANIM.prk
FLARE_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\FLARE_ANIM.prk
LARA_SKIN:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_SKIN.prk
LARA_SKIN_JOINTS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_SKIN_JOINTS.prk
LARA_SCREAM:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_SCREAM.prk
LARA_CROSSBOW_LASER:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_CROSSBOW_LASER.prk
LARA_REVOLVER_LASER:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_REVOLVER_LASER.prk
LARA_HOLSTERS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_HOLSTERS.prk
LARA_HOLSTERS_PISTOLS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_HOLSTERS_PISTOLS.prk
LARA_HOLSTERS_UZIS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_HOLSTERS_UZIS.prk
LARA_HOLSTERS_SIXSHOOTER:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_HOLSTERS_SIXSHOOTER.prk
LARA_WATER_MESH:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_WATER_MESH.prk
LARA_PETROL_MESH:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_PETROL_MESH.prk
LARA_DIRT_MESH:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_DIRT_MESH.prk
CROWBAR_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROWBAR_ANIM.prk
TORCH_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\TORCH_ANIM.prk
HAIR:Z:\WADMERGER\HAIR.prk
PICKUP_ITEM2:Z:\WADMERGER\PICKUP_ITEM2.prk
EXAMINE1:Z:\WADMERGER\EXAMINE1.prk
CROWBAR_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROWBAR_ITEM.prk
BURNING_TORCH_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\BURNING_TORCH_ITEM.prk
QUEST_ITEM1:Z:\WADMERGER\QUEST_ITEM1.prk
PISTOLS_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\PISTOLS_ITEM.prk
PISTOLS_AMMO_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\PISTOLS_AMMO_ITEM.prk
UZI_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\UZI_ITEM.prk
UZI_AMMO_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\UZI_AMMO_ITEM.prk
SHOTGUN_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUN_ITEM.prk
SHOTGUN_AMMO1_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUN_AMMO1_ITEM.prk
SHOTGUN_AMMO2_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUN_AMMO2_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_AMMO1_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_AMMO1_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_AMMO2_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_AMMO2_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_AMMO3_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_AMMO3_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_BOLT:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_BOLT.prk
GRENADE_GUN_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_ITEM.prk
GRENADE_GUN_AMMO1_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_AMMO1_ITEM.prk
GRENADE_GUN_AMMO2_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_AMMO2_ITEM.prk
GRENADE_GUN_AMMO3_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_AMMO3_ITEM.prk
GRENADE:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE.prk
SIXSHOOTER_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SIXSHOOTER_ITEM.prk
SIXSHOOTER_AMMO_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SIXSHOOTER_AMMO_ITEM.prk
BIGMEDI_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\BIGMEDI_ITEM.prk
SMALLMEDI_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SMALLMEDI_ITEM.prk
LASERSIGHT_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\LASERSIGHT_ITEM.prk
BINOCULARS_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\BINOCULARS_ITEM.prk
FLARE_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\FLARE_ITEM.prk
FLARE_INV_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\FLARE_INV_ITEM.prk
COMPASS_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\COMPASS_ITEM.prk
GUNSHELL:Z:\WADMERGER\GUNSHELL.prk
SHOTGUNSHELL:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUNSHELL.prk
GUN_FLASH:Z:\WADMERGER\GUN_FLASH.prk
LARA_START_POS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_START_POS.prk
ANIMATING16_MIP:Z:\WADMERGER\ANIMATING16_MIP.prk
BINOCULAR_GRAPHICS:Z:\WADMERGER\BINOCULAR_GRAPHICS.prk
TARGET_GRAPHICS:Z:\WADMERGER\TARGET_GRAPHICS.prk
I also get this error when trying to load wad file that only has LARA_SKIN object

Last edited by Caesum; 04-07-21 at 08:14.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-21, 06:22   #84
not again!
Archaeologist

Hello! This thread has been quiet for a while, but I figure it can't hurt to ask nevertheless
I have run into troubles trying to import enemy NPCs into WadTool that were imported into Blender using WadBlender.
For context: WadTool offers for NPCs two different options to import meshes: Import Mesh, which allows to replace single meshes and Replace Model, which allows to replace the model in its entirety, all meshes at once.

I was hoping it would be possible to replace the usual workflow (which is exporting enemy models from WadViewer as .3ds, importing into Blender 2.73a, save as .blend, open the file with the latest version of Blender and from there export as .obj) by importing the NPC models directly into Blender using this wonderful addon, but when exporting the model as .obj the resulting file can't be imported correctly into WadTool. It looks like some of the meshes get erroneously split into several parts (for instance the foot mesh of the mummy model got split up into two separate meshes) and WadTool shows the error message that the mesh count in the imported model is higher than that of the model it's supposed to replace (while in Blender the mesh count was the same).
I was just going through the import / export process to test the workflow and did not actually modify the model (except for removing the armature).

Here's a really very short youtube video showcasing the old WadViewer workflow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrsNBLhc3E

I've tried to adapt the above workflow for WadBlender in the following manner:

- import model into Blender using the Chose Object option (without animations)
- apply all transforms and the armature modifier
- delete armature
- snap all meshes to the center of the grid (as shown in the video)
- export as obj

I guess it's not a desperate issue, since there is a (mostly) working method for Blender users to modify enemy models, but it certainly would be a lot more convenient if we could utilize WadBlender instead.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 09:17   #85
Bergus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Is this addon still in works? I see latest changes are from 4 months ago.

I wanted to try and modify Horus Goddess' Lara outfit, but when I open my wad file I get this error:
Code:
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\pmkko\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\wadblender\__init__.py", line 249, in execute
    return import_wad(context, self.type, options)
  File "C:\Users\pmkko\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\wadblender\__init__.py", line 103, in import_wad
    lara.main(materials, wad, options)
  File "C:\Users\pmkko\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\wadblender\lara.py", line 28, in main
    main_collection.children.link(col_lara)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'children'

My WAD is pretty simple, it only has these objects:

Code:
LARA:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA.prk
PISTOLS_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\PISTOLS_ANIM.prk
UZI_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\UZI_ANIM.prk
SHOTGUN_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUN_ANIM.prk
CROSSBOW_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_ANIM.prk
GRENADE_GUN_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_ANIM.prk
SIXSHOOTER_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\SIXSHOOTER_ANIM.prk
FLARE_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\FLARE_ANIM.prk
LARA_SKIN:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_SKIN.prk
LARA_SKIN_JOINTS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_SKIN_JOINTS.prk
LARA_SCREAM:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_SCREAM.prk
LARA_CROSSBOW_LASER:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_CROSSBOW_LASER.prk
LARA_REVOLVER_LASER:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_REVOLVER_LASER.prk
LARA_HOLSTERS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_HOLSTERS.prk
LARA_HOLSTERS_PISTOLS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_HOLSTERS_PISTOLS.prk
LARA_HOLSTERS_UZIS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_HOLSTERS_UZIS.prk
LARA_HOLSTERS_SIXSHOOTER:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_HOLSTERS_SIXSHOOTER.prk
LARA_WATER_MESH:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_WATER_MESH.prk
LARA_PETROL_MESH:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_PETROL_MESH.prk
LARA_DIRT_MESH:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_DIRT_MESH.prk
CROWBAR_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROWBAR_ANIM.prk
TORCH_ANIM:Z:\WADMERGER\TORCH_ANIM.prk
HAIR:Z:\WADMERGER\HAIR.prk
PICKUP_ITEM2:Z:\WADMERGER\PICKUP_ITEM2.prk
EXAMINE1:Z:\WADMERGER\EXAMINE1.prk
CROWBAR_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROWBAR_ITEM.prk
BURNING_TORCH_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\BURNING_TORCH_ITEM.prk
QUEST_ITEM1:Z:\WADMERGER\QUEST_ITEM1.prk
PISTOLS_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\PISTOLS_ITEM.prk
PISTOLS_AMMO_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\PISTOLS_AMMO_ITEM.prk
UZI_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\UZI_ITEM.prk
UZI_AMMO_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\UZI_AMMO_ITEM.prk
SHOTGUN_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUN_ITEM.prk
SHOTGUN_AMMO1_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUN_AMMO1_ITEM.prk
SHOTGUN_AMMO2_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUN_AMMO2_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_AMMO1_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_AMMO1_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_AMMO2_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_AMMO2_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_AMMO3_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_AMMO3_ITEM.prk
CROSSBOW_BOLT:Z:\WADMERGER\CROSSBOW_BOLT.prk
GRENADE_GUN_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_ITEM.prk
GRENADE_GUN_AMMO1_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_AMMO1_ITEM.prk
GRENADE_GUN_AMMO2_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_AMMO2_ITEM.prk
GRENADE_GUN_AMMO3_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE_GUN_AMMO3_ITEM.prk
GRENADE:Z:\WADMERGER\GRENADE.prk
SIXSHOOTER_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SIXSHOOTER_ITEM.prk
SIXSHOOTER_AMMO_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SIXSHOOTER_AMMO_ITEM.prk
BIGMEDI_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\BIGMEDI_ITEM.prk
SMALLMEDI_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\SMALLMEDI_ITEM.prk
LASERSIGHT_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\LASERSIGHT_ITEM.prk
BINOCULARS_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\BINOCULARS_ITEM.prk
FLARE_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\FLARE_ITEM.prk
FLARE_INV_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\FLARE_INV_ITEM.prk
COMPASS_ITEM:Z:\WADMERGER\COMPASS_ITEM.prk
GUNSHELL:Z:\WADMERGER\GUNSHELL.prk
SHOTGUNSHELL:Z:\WADMERGER\SHOTGUNSHELL.prk
GUN_FLASH:Z:\WADMERGER\GUN_FLASH.prk
LARA_START_POS:Z:\WADMERGER\LARA_START_POS.prk
ANIMATING16_MIP:Z:\WADMERGER\ANIMATING16_MIP.prk
BINOCULAR_GRAPHICS:Z:\WADMERGER\BINOCULAR_GRAPHICS.prk
TARGET_GRAPHICS:Z:\WADMERGER\TARGET_GRAPHICS.prk
I also get this error when trying to load wad file that only has LARA_SKIN object
Yes, I'm occasionally updating it. I made some changes last week, can you please try to see if the first problem is solved?

If there's only LARA_SKIN you need to choose the LARA_SKIN object from the choose object menu. 'import full Lara model' works only when LARA, LARA_SKIN and LARA_SKIN_JOINTS and are present.

Last edited by Bergus; 04-08-21 at 10:21.
Bergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 09:24   #86
Bergus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
Hello! This thread has been quiet for a while, but I figure it can't hurt to ask nevertheless
I have run into troubles trying to import enemy NPCs into WadTool that were imported into Blender using WadBlender.
For context: WadTool offers for NPCs two different options to import meshes: Import Mesh, which allows to replace single meshes and Replace Model, which allows to replace the model in its entirety, all meshes at once.

I was hoping it would be possible to replace the usual workflow (which is exporting enemy models from WadViewer as .3ds, importing into Blender 2.73a, save as .blend, open the file with the latest version of Blender and from there export as .obj) by importing the NPC models directly into Blender using this wonderful addon, but when exporting the model as .obj the resulting file can't be imported correctly into WadTool. It looks like some of the meshes get erroneously split into several parts (for instance the foot mesh of the mummy model got split up into two separate meshes) and WadTool shows the error message that the mesh count in the imported model is higher than that of the model it's supposed to replace (while in Blender the mesh count was the same).
I was just going through the import / export process to test the workflow and did not actually modify the model (except for removing the armature).

Here's a really very short youtube video showcasing the old WadViewer workflow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrsNBLhc3E

- delete armature
- export as obj

I guess it's not a desperate issue, since there is a (mostly) working method for Blender users to modify enemy models, but it certainly would be a lot more convenient if we could utilize WadBlender instead.
I'll look into it!

EDIT: by the way, I did some bug fixing and auto-mapping of Lara skin joints so that custom outfits should be imported correctly. It needs some test though. There's a threshold so that if two vertices from let's say the knee and the thigh are close enough they will be connected. I'm not sure whether this threshold (5 mm) is ok for all outfits.

Last edited by Bergus; 04-08-21 at 09:35.
Old 04-08-21, 16:29   #87
not again!
Archaeologist

Thank you very much, Bergus, for both the update and offering to look at my issue!

From what I've seen it's rare for an outfit to have gaps larger than one unit (that's 1,95 mm at WadBlender default scale, right? I'm not good at math ), so I figure 5 mm would be enough to cover even worst case scenarios.

Quote:
It needs some test though
I tested five different outfits with custom joints (a few had gaps between joints and skin).

The outfits without any gaps animated perfectly with everything staying in place. This is amazing and will be incredibly helpful for building outfits since now we can check how well custom joints deform during animations (or if they collapse in unfortunate ways, etc.) There was no quick and convenient way to do this before. A million thanks for this!

The outfits that did not line up perfectly also animated well, though the gaps between skin and joints became wider during some animations.
(edit: on further inspection it was actually just one particular outfit and one particular joint that had the issue of the gap getting wider during animations, so I think it's more that this one specific outfit / joint are broken somehow, because it was just a regular 1 unit gap and thus well within the 5mm limit, so it should have animated fine like the other joints with gaps but didn't)
I'd like to stress that I'm just mentioning this for the sake of accurately reporting my findings, not because I think it is an issue that needs fixing! It is the outfits that need fixing.

Which would bring me to a potential request: for the purpose of outfit building, would it be possible to implement the option to import skin and joints together in one step, but without rig?
Again not something that is desperately needed, since we can import the full Lara model and delete the rig ourselves, just more convenient, since I assume this plugin is going to be used for outfit building a lot. (Please disregard if it would be much work to implement just so outfit builders can be lazy )

And last a bug report: When testing the outfits above I found the invert normals function to not work correctly.
When the option is un-ticked, it works as intended and both skin and joints have inverted normals (pointing to the inside of the model) in Blender, but when the option is left ticked only the joints get imported with their normals pointing outwards, while the meshes for the skin remain unaffected and still have their normals pointing inwards.

Last edited by not again!; 04-08-21 at 16:59.
Old 06-08-21, 16:00   #88
Bergus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Thank you very much, Bergus, for both the update and offering to look at my issue!

From what I've seen it's rare for an outfit to have gaps larger than one unit (that's 1,95 mm at WadBlender default scale, right? I'm not good at math ), so I figure 5 mm would be enough to cover even worst case scenarios.

I tested five different outfits with custom joints (a few had gaps between joints and skin).

The outfits without any gaps animated perfectly with everything staying in place. This is amazing and will be incredibly helpful for building outfits since now we can check how well custom joints deform during animations (or if they collapse in unfortunate ways, etc.) There was no quick and convenient way to do this before. A million thanks for this!

The outfits that did not line up perfectly also animated well, though the gaps between skin and joints became wider during some animations.
(edit: on further inspection it was actually just one particular outfit and one particular joint that had the issue of the gap getting wider during animations, so I think it's more that this one specific outfit / joint are broken somehow, because it was just a regular 1 unit gap and thus well within the 5mm limit, so it should have animated fine like the other joints with gaps but didn't)
I'd like to stress that I'm just mentioning this for the sake of accurately reporting my findings, not because I think it is an issue that needs fixing! It is the outfits that need fixing.
Thanks for testing! If you can share that outfit I will take a look, maybe I forgot some edge case

Quote:
Which would bring me to a potential request: for the purpose of outfit building, would it be possible to implement the option to import skin and joints together in one step, but without rig?
Again not something that is desperately needed, since we can import the full Lara model and delete the rig ourselves, just more convenient, since I assume this plugin is going to be used for outfit building a lot. (Please disregard if it would be much work to implement just so outfit builders can be lazy )
I can do it, that's easy I guess. I need to see where to put the option. Maybe just an additional entry in Import: Lara Full Model, Lara Rigless, Movables and Statics

Quote:
And last a bug report: When testing the outfits above I found the invert normals function to not work correctly.
When the option is un-ticked, it works as intended and both skin and joints have inverted normals (pointing to the inside of the model) in Blender, but when the option is left ticked only the joints get imported with their normals pointing outwards, while the meshes for the skin remain unaffected and still have their normals pointing inwards.
I just fixed this, thank you for the good catch
Old 06-08-21, 16:52   #89
Bergus
Hobbyist

Quote:

- delete armature
- export as obj

I see, WadTool just read the meshes in the obj file. The skeleton is specified in the mesh tree editor and must be changed inside WadTool movable editor. That's how TRLE works, so I should write something that converts the Blender skeleton into a wad file. If I come up with something, I would like to do it.

Last edited by Bergus; 07-08-21 at 15:37.
Old 06-08-21, 19:16   #90
not again!
Archaeologist

^^ Thank you very much for looking into the issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergus View Post
Thanks for testing! If you can share that outfit I will take a look, maybe I forgot some edge case
It's this one here, and the affected joints are the elbows: https://www.trsearch.org/item/2488

The skin parts in question (upper and lower arm) are very close together - at the backside they are just one unit apart, leaving not much room for the joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergus View Post
I can do it, that's easy I guess. I need to see where to put the option. Maybe just an additional entry in Import: Lara Full Model, Lara Rigless, Movables and Statics
That would be amazing! Thank you! Maybe name it Lara Outfit though, since that is the term that people use in the TRLE community.