www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 07-02-15, 15:12   #181
tomekkobialka
Relic Hunter

Woah, how did I not know about this before!

This is awesome work Sardoc! Will try it out on my next playthrough!
tomekkobialka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 17:05   #182
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Thanks. Enjoy!
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 21:43   #183
veratinum
Historian

Referring to this thread I'd like to ask, what should (or maybe better: whether should anything) be done with these triangles that don't cause death. These:

This occurrence appears in all 4 pools. And naturally the misplaced texture needs to be replaced.
veratinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 00:56   #184
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Depends what can be a trigger. If a triangular surface can be, then will defo add death triggers. If it has to be a square... then chances are TRSCP would make the slopes kill Lara as well.

Not that it would be a problem, cos if you're sliding down these slopes, you're pretty much dead anyway. Only "Load Game" spell helps here.

Just, having a short break at the moment + work kicked in. Soon™.
Old 21-02-15, 15:59   #185
Crazyboy124
Hobbyist

Default sounds cool

Downloading it with save crystals
Crazyboy124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-15, 04:05   #186
Sardoc
Archaeologist

New upload. Not a lot for TR3 this time, but TR3 TLA got much more love instead.

Special thanks to TRJTA for drawing a few textures to make Nessie's pool nice and animated. Here are the results:

Before:

After:

Also, decided to change the way I upload stuff. Until now, I was uploading the entire package (audio, cuts and level files twice: with and without crystals), a total of around 335 MB every time. With my "impressive" 1 meg upload speed, it was quite a bit of a hassle. This time, I uploaded audio separately, because this file hasn't changed at all (and probably won't change ever again), so there's no need to reupload it over and over again every time I add new stuff.

Level files (1 archive for both versions) and cutscene files are separate. That means I only need to upload roughly 24-28 MB for TR3 and around 15 MB for TLA. I can live with that.

What's next? Probably those not-so-deadly death zones in Meteorite Cavern. Also will look at London model (both TR3 and TLA), because Lara's thigh textures change slightly when she draws pistols, uzis and Deagle. Finally, will have a look at the glitching floor in Thames Wharf. I *think* I might have an idea how to reduce the glitching, we'll see.

Last edited by Sardoc; 25-02-15 at 04:18.
Old 25-02-15, 06:32   #187
LateRaider
Professor

Exciting! By the way, I started playing Tomb3 with the nearly finalized no crystals pack and my god, it's a world of improvement! Thank you so much for all your hard work, Sardoc.
Old 25-02-15, 06:40   #188
JasonDavies15
Professor

What a challenge we can all now face WOW!!!!! This is so exciting, you get a little confused when I play Lost Artefact because you then you think you're playing TR3 and you have to use medipaks only haha and I will love trying not to play it without taking one, because Im sure EVERYONE will agree there are too many health crystals and some are just to unnecessary!!!!! Taking them just for the sake of it even when your health is full! Great idea and great creation I take my hat off to you for doing this!
JasonDavies15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-15, 06:43   #189
JasonDavies15
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by veratinum View Post
Referring to this thread I'd like to ask, what should (or maybe better: whether should anything) be done with these triangles that don't cause death. These:

This occurrence appears in all 4 pools. And naturally the misplaced texture needs to be replaced.
If you hide behind that pillar will he get to you still and blast you with that blue energy bolt?
JasonDavies15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-15, 18:52   #190
veratinum
Historian

Quote:
If you hide behind that pillar will he get to you still and blast you with that blue energy bolt?
Only on the triangle Lara's crouching in the quoted picture. The rest seems safe.

I couldn't find a way to go back to the arena. So I guess that, after landing on these, you'll need to reload the game.

Found more incorrectly flowing water.

Needs additional animated texture which plays backwards:

Red - needs to be rotated 180 degrees. Cyan - 90 or 270:

Last edited by veratinum; 27-02-15 at 22:10. Reason: Added 1 extra screen.
veratinum is offline   Reply With Quote