www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 26-08-20, 06:19   #271
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
- patch for TR4 (fixed the torch model in Giza levels
It's been a while since I've played Last Revelation. I was wondering if you have any images of the torch model this patch fixes.

Edit: Nvm, just read the readme text file which explains the fix.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 26-08-20 at 06:33.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 08:46   #272
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
It's been a while since I've played Last Revelation. I was wondering if you have any images of the torch model this patch fixes.

Edit: Nvm, just read the readme text file which explains the fix.
It was just a bar, not even modelled like a torch, with some placeholder textures on it.

You can tell Giza was rushed. Upon 2nd playthrough, I noticed the "pick up item while crouching" animation was missing in some Giza and Cairo levels, too. I might have to go through TR4 at some point and sort these out.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 16:36   #273
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

^Ah thank you for explaining. I went onto youtube and found a video of Lara holding onto what you said looks like a bar imao. Maybe the devs missed it because the game was too dark to focus on details like that.

I was redirected here from Stella's website and this thread made interesting reading. Among corrections listed on the first page - I was unaware about the rail textures in the RX-Tech Mines which looks much better when animated as intended, and the animated water near Nessie is definitely an improvement. Unfinished Business with music is the only patch I've used of yours in the past, and it makes a rather quiet game more enjoyable and wholesome to play so thank you for that
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 19:07   #274
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
You can tell Giza was rushed. Upon 2nd playthrough, I noticed the "pick up item while crouching" animation was missing in some Giza and Cairo levels, too. I might have to go through TR4 at some point and sort these out.
Interesting that this was not patched in the v1.1 or v1.2 releases
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 20:14   #275
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
^Ah thank you for explaining. I went onto youtube and found a video of Lara holding onto what you said looks like a bar imao. Maybe the devs missed it because the game was too dark to focus on details like that.

I was redirected here from Stella's website and this thread made interesting reading. Among corrections listed on the first page - I was unaware about the rail textures in the RX-Tech Mines which looks much better when animated as intended, and the animated water near Nessie is definitely an improvement. Unfinished Business with music is the only patch I've used of yours in the past, and it makes a rather quiet game more enjoyable and wholesome to play so thank you for that
Thanks!

The funniest thing about the animated rail textures is, they were already in the level file, fully animated, just not used. No idea why. But hey, they are in use now.

The water near Nessie is in game thanks to TRJTA, who drew the missing textures, so I could animate them.
Old 27-08-20, 02:36   #276
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
The funniest thing about the animated rail textures is, they were already in the level file, fully animated, just not used. No idea why. But hey, they are in use now.
They're used in the PS1 version.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 06:40   #277
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
It’s the same with the footstep textures, there but never used in the PC version.

I can understand the footsteps not working on PC, because that has to be actually programmed into the EXE. Although I have no idea why the rail tracks don’t animate, they’re just animated textures like water, and they should have used the same project files for PC and PS1 so why is this the case ?.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 16:25   #278
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Yes, but we've been talking about the PC version all this time.
Old 19-09-21, 06:42   #279
.snake.
Archaeologist

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a question regarding the Lost Artefact files linked in the OP.

I just downloaded them and got 10 files in a data folder (one .dat file, one .sfx file, and seven .tr2 files). I can't find any instructions as to where I am meant to paste these files though - my directory folder for the Lost Artefact does not have a data folder like my TR3 folder does. Am I meant to paste them directly onto my Lost Artefact disk?
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 15:29   #280
laravision
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Am I meant to paste them directly onto my Lost Artefact disk?
No. It appears that the method you use for playing The Lost Artefact is via the CD? In that case, to use the updated Lost Artefact files, you'd probably have to burn the contents to a new CD/create an ISO, but this is more hassle than it's worth; you don't even need the the game disc in order to play the Lost Artefact if you set up the directory correctly.

Create a new folder (outside of the default restricted Program Files) which will become the new location of the Lost Artefact that can be played without requiring the CD. Now copy the following folders and files from your Lost Artefact CD - AUDIO, DATA, FMV, PIX, DEC130.DLL, EDEC.DLL, WINPLAY.DLL, WINSDEC.DLL, WINSTR.DLL and tr3gold.exe and paste them into the new folder you created.

Now this next step may be redundant, but I'll include it anyway. Download the TR series multipatch, and run this program targeting the new Lost Artefact game location and let it do its thing (if anything).

As for the updated files you downloaded (the .dat file, .sfx file and .tr2 files), these need to be placed in the data folder where you'll need to confirm overwrites/replace existing files. Now download this No-CD tr3gold.exe and place it in the game folder (either overwrite or backup the existing). It's virus free, just ignore any warnings if it states otherwise. Alternatively you could try Arsunt's exe which allows for widescreen visuals and other fixes.