www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 28-04-21, 08:34   #401
saintjunia
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to work. It still works with a GT_KEYBOARD_CODE globaltrigger (such as reading code 57 for the Space Bar), but doesn't work for KEY2_USE_FLARE.

Is there a specific CINV command that reads when the Flare shortcut is being called?
Code:
$2000,53,$000B
this is the flipeffect for simulating "use flare" command. And in my script you can use PLS either from inventory or by pressing TAB, because I want her to be able to use a flare by choice -

Code:
;========================= PLS =========================================

Pickup= 2, Flashlight,  $0000,$0150,$0000,-$5000,$0000,$000a
AddEffect=  1, ADD_LIGHT_FLAT, FADD_CONTINUE_EMIT, JOINT_ABDOMEN, 0, -128, 175, -1, -1, 13, -1, MIST_COL_WHITE
GlobalTrigger=     1, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, 1, 2, -1
TriggerGroup=      1, $8000,15,$010C; PRESS TAB ------------ [Use Flare] is pressed, was $8000, 10, $010D
TriggerGroup=      2, $8000, 0, $2C, >		;test if light on
                   $5000,65,$0131, $2000,71,$1F5C, $2000, 235, $0, >               ; effect OFF + sfx 308 + GBA1.b0 = 0  
                   TGROUP_ELSE + $5000,65,$0130, $2000,71,$1F5D, $2000, 234, $0    ; effect ON + sfx 307 + GBA1.b0 = 1
GlobalTrigger=     2, IGNORE, GT_USED_INVENTORY_ITEM, 232, IGNORE, 12, IGNORE
TriggerGroup=      12, $2000,53,$000B
Maybe this will help =)
Old 28-04-21, 12:26   #402
justin
Professor

Thanks, sainjunia for the reply! $2000,53,$000B was the code I was originally using, but it doesn't work for me while the Ring Inventory is present (that's why I then tried the KEY2 globaltrigger). Are you using the ring inventory?
Old 03-05-21, 05:57   #403
saintjunia
Student

Quote:
Thanks, sainjunia for the reply! $2000,53,$000B was the code I was originally using, but it doesn't work for me while the Ring Inventory is present (that's why I then tried the KEY2 globaltrigger). Are you using the ring inventory?
Yes, I am! So it just... doesn't react to the command at all? As far as I know there aren't special cinv commands for keys. Can you show your flashlight script, please?
Old 03-05-21, 16:14   #404
justin
Professor

Doh! I got things crossed up lol

I meant to say that I was using $8000, 10, $010D as the condition, but this condition doesn't work for me with the Ring Inv active.

Did you encounter the same problem and switch to using TAB because of it?
Old 07-05-21, 09:13   #405
saintjunia
Student

Quote:
Doh! I got things crossed up lol

I meant to say that I was using $8000, 10, $010D as the condition, but this condition doesn't work for me with the Ring Inv active.

Did you encounter the same problem and switch to using TAB because of it?
No, I didn't have that problem. I switched to TAB to let the player use both flares (by pressing use flare) and PLS (by pressing TAB). Because if she had flares and PLS in ring inventory then by pressing use flare she used both lol.
Old 07-05-21, 11:31   #406
justin
Professor

Yeah exactly, she uses the flare and turns on my PLS if they are available.

However, she does nothing if there are no flares available, globaltrigger doesn't engage :/
Weird, right?

*EDIT* Aah! I figured out what I needed: FGT_REMOVE_INPUT. I previously didn't need this tag, but apparently do when the Ring Inventory is present

Last edited by justin; 07-05-21 at 20:15.
justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 08:55   #407
saintjunia
Student

Quote:
Yeah exactly, she uses the flare and turns on my PLS if they are available.

However, she does nothing if there are no flares available, globaltrigger doesn't engage :/
Weird, right?

*EDIT* Aah! I figured out what I needed: FGT_REMOVE_INPUT. I previously didn't need this tag, but apparently do when the Ring Inventory is present
That's weird, I didn't use this tag and if there were no flares she'd just use PLS with the "use flare" old setup before I changed to tab. I'm glad you've found a workaround!! I'm playing Horizons by the way =)
Old 09-05-21, 12:47   #408
justin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjunia View Post
That's weird, I didn't use this tag and if there were no flares she'd just use PLS with the "use flare" old setup before I changed to tab. I'm glad you've found a workaround!! I'm playing Horizons by the way =)
It must have something to do with my specific setup, maybe that my TG is a conditional one (checking for batteries)

Either way, hopefully this helps anyone else with my same issue.

And I hope you enjoy Horizons!
Old 02-06-21, 17:08   #409
justin
Professor

Default Remove the Combine attribute from an object

Okay this may be a really weird question:

Is there any way to remove the combine attribute from an object, such as Puzzle_Item5_Combo1? I ask because there are a LOT of inventory slots to work with when including these slots, but it doesn't look right if they show up as an item to combine with when you select the lasersight

*EDIT*
Found the solution in the COMBO command! I forgot it was called Combo and not Combine, but I see now a line to disable the Combo completely

Customize= CUST_CINV_COMBO,CINV_ITEM_KEY4_COMBO1,CINV_ITEM_KE Y4_COMBO2,CINV_ITEM_KEY4,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,CINV_FALSE,IGNORE,IGNORE

Last edited by justin; 05-06-21 at 16:35.
Old 05-06-21, 16:39   #410
justin
Professor

Default Order of rings

2nd question! How do we change the order of the rings? Like forcing misc1 ring on top, etc.

I have some Key combo items in the Misc2 ring, and it shows up on the top.

I want the Misc1 ring to show up on top of that, with some Puz combos in it, but it's 2nd from the top, under Misc2.

The weird part is, I swapped the names, and the Key combos still show up in the ring above the puz combos. Is ring order determined by the items in the ring?

Hopefully I'm just missing a simple command as usual

*UPDATE* I clearly just tested it incorrectly, it looks like Misc4 is always at the top, followed down by Misc3, 2, etc. So this is exactly as I expected and works perfectly for my needs

Last edited by justin; 16-06-21 at 18:37.