www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 03-03-12, 08:42   #1
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Arrow God of War (Series)

God of War is a series of action-adventure video games based on Greek mythology. The main trilogy—God of War I, II, & III—in the series were developed by Sony Computer Entertainment's Santa Monica division (PS2 and PS3), with Ready at Dawn Studios developing the PSP (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta) and Javaground the mobile phone installment (Betrayal) respectively. Debuting in 2005, the series has featured on the PlayStation 2, mobile phone, PlayStation Portable, and PlayStation 3. The character Kratos has been associated with merchandise including artwork, clothing, comic books, a novel, toys and cell phone skins.

The central character of the series is Kratos, a Spartan warrior eventually revealed to be a demigod. The success of the first game, God of War has allowed for the development of five additional games, with each chapter forming part of a saga with vengeance as a central theme. Each new installment provides additional information on Kratos' origins and relationship with his family and the gods. A convoluted series of attempts to free himself from the influence of the gods (and eventually the Titans) and exact revenge follow, with the series becoming darker in tone with each game.

Main Games

Handheld Games

Hands down this is my favorite Sony exclusive series, the only title I haven't played is Ghost of Sparta.

Last edited by Carbonek_0051; 01-09-12 at 05:36.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 11:25   #2
moodydog
Tomb Raider

Oh I love the GOD series.
Though I am ashamed to say I have only completed the second one. I had the first one and got near to the end before loosing the disk. And I had to sell the third one before finishing it (approximately 25% - 50% through).

Last edited by moodydog; 03-03-12 at 11:26.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 14:22   #3
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

^You really should beat the original & GoWIII. To me those both have better stories and gameplay than GoWII. But GoWII's story & gameplay is still good.

GoWIII was the best in terms of gameplay for me, but the first will always win my heart because of how amazing the story is. The twist on how he became the God of War's servant & how his skin became white will forever be memorable.
Old 12-04-12, 13:57   #4
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Arrow God fo War 4 Announcement Incoming?

Quote:
The message reads: “Will vengeance brings redemption – 04.19.12″

Sony’s saying nothing on the matter when we approached it this morning.

But you’re a smart cookie: blood splatter, the font and the messaging makes it sound like it’s related to a certain series that’s been rumoured for a return for a while now.

Full picture is below.

[Source]

Not sure how I feel just yet. I need to know what the story is first, to me the ending of GoWIII kind of set up a lot of things but also was good enough closure for me. Guess I will wait before saying I hate the idea.
Old 12-04-12, 14:43   #5
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

I'm all for another GOW game but if, god forbid, he goes to hell YET AGAIN I'll lose my damn mind!
Old 12-04-12, 14:48   #6
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

I agree, that's one location they need to get rid of. My only problem is Pandora's box was opened and evil was pretty much taking over the world. I don't know what they will do in terms of story and locations.

I hope to god it's not another prequel/interquel.
Old 12-04-12, 16:50   #7
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

The problem with the series is that they'd done so many epic things with it one has to wonder what's left... at least in terms of anything remotely resembling real mythology. They haven't let me down yet, however, so they'll probably come up with something great once again!
Old 12-04-12, 16:57   #8
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

I think the series has suffered from changing the creative director with each game. Hence why the second game seems to feel different in terms of storytelling compared to the first, and same with the third compared to the second. I am wondering if the game can handle yet another new creative director and story writer.

I haven't been let down either, so I am hoping IF they do decide to go on with GoWIV it won't seem like a cash-in on the franchise and that they are continuing for the sake of making a new game.
Old 12-04-12, 17:01   #9
GenyaArikado
Inactive

GenyaArikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-12, 17:03   #10
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

All I picture now is those "mini-games" with woman who look like your avatar.