www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 20-11-20, 21:33   #11
killchan
Professor

Well, the remasters are out now on Steam and GOG

I had to add them to the cart to make steam understand I already own them. Maybe just a glitch.
Old 20-11-20, 22:47   #12
tomblover
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Well, the remasters are out now on Steam and GOG

I had to add them to the cart to make steam understand I already own them. Maybe just a glitch.
The store already said they were in my library, but I had to hit "Play Game" from the store pages to make them actually appear in there.

I had a run through the Mortton segment in BR1, experienced some minor visual bugs with the water shader - but nothing that wasn't in the original. It seems like the water ebbs and flows more strongly in this version though, which makes this pre-existing issue more apparent.

(uh, and the maraisreq are green now - which, I can't tell if that's a bug or intentional, given they were skin-colored in the original game )

I feel like the audio is a bit off in BR2, as well...

I played up until the Mansion Rooftop portion, and I swear the music was cutting out in weird places where it didn't used to before.

The sound cue when you learn a new move (like after defeating the first dhampir miniboss) was also missing, and any indication that you learned a new move at all...

On the flipside, I did hear a lot of mid-combat banter from Rayne that I'd never heard before. They must've restored or fixed a couple of lines that previously didn't play, unless I'm misremembering.

"Did you hear a crack? I was trying to crack it."

Graphics-wise, I have nothing to complain about. They really just unlocked widescreen resolutions and left it at that, lol - the FMVs aren't anything to write home about either.

The gameplay is, as far as I can tell, identical, which is the most important. Feels as good as it ever did, and I'm happy Rayne's back.

Last edited by tomblover; 20-11-20 at 22:57.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 18:00   #13
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

I never got to play these games growing so I cant wait to play them!
Old 14-06-21, 20:19   #14
rewak
Professor

Remember when they stuck a knife in every fan of the franchise with Betrayal? Well they've pulled the knife out and shoved it back in again.

rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-21, 20:40   #15
tomblover
Legend

Oh my God, they got Laura Bailey back to voice her?

I still need to actually play Betrayal, so this is an excellent excuse.
Old 14-06-21, 21:35   #16
dg1995
Archaeologist

I tried it few weeks ago, unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it.(probably due to this that I don't enjoy 2D hack'n slash games. I can't even force myself to play any 2D Castlevania games more than a few hours)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Remember when they stuck a knife in every fan of the franchise with Betrayal? Well they've pulled the knife out and shoved it back in again.

Stop being melodramatic

It's just a remaster of Betrayal with the addition of voice acting and higher resolution support.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-21, 21:36   #17
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Oh my God, they got Laura Bailey back to voice her?

I still need to actually play Betrayal, so this is an excellent excuse.
This news will probably make me bite the bullet as well lol.
Old 14-06-21, 21:42   #18
rewak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Stop being melodramatic

It's just a remaster of Betrayal with the addition of voice acting and higher resolution support.
Excuse me for thinking they could have spent their time and money clearing up that pesky cliffhanger the series has been left on for 16 years instead of remastering a game acknowledged on the same level as the Uwe Boll movies within the fandom
Old 14-06-21, 21:52   #19
dg1995
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Excuse me for thinking they could have spent their time and money clearing up that pesky cliffhanger the series has been left on for 16 years instead of remastering a game acknowledged on the same level as the Uwe Boll movies within the fandom
With that small money they couldn't make any new game from the ground up.

I mean why do you think the budget of this remaster would be enough for a completely new Bloodrayne game ?

And, no. The game was alright as a low budget 2D spin off game.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-21, 22:00   #20
rewak
Professor

They must have made enough from the rereleases of 1 + 2 to justify getting Laura Bailey back in for this. They're obviously rereleasing the games to gauge interest in a full fledged sequel, which is ironically what Betrayal was on its original release. It killed the franchise, future games were cancelled because of its low sales and negative reception. History is set up to repeat itself here, Laura or not it's the same game that wasn't liked when it came out and stalled the franchise. I'm not eager to see it do the same again.