www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-07-21, 04:24   #951
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter
 
Avalon SARL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 5,584
Default

I don't understand CD/SE.

Why do they keep these Brilliant and Iconic stuff about Lara and TR for mobile stuff that 3/4 of the world might not know about
__________________
YEAH YEAH WHATEVER...
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-21, 15:38   #952
ANoDE
Golden
 
ANoDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austria
Posts: 6,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
I don't understand CD/SE.

Why do they keep these Brilliant and Iconic stuff about Lara and TR for mobile stuff that 3/4 of the world might not know about
I assume the mobile stuff gets this great treatment, because SE's Director of Mobile Tomb Raider games (Ed Perkins) is a passionate Tomb Raider fan (at least that's what I get from interacting with him), and so he tries to make the game as TR-y as possible.

That just shows what can be done with the franchise if the right people are in charge.
__________________
🎶 ~ Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed ~ 🎶
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-21, 19:09   #953
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist
 
JuditePrince12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,002
Default

Ed has said that the soundtrack for Reloaded is actually costing them a lot which I find weird that again they would take her iconic theme and remake it so it could fit in this new era just for a mobile game. I mean it sounds great but where's this treatment for the games??? I don't see any reason for this not being her main theme from now on moving forward.
__________________
“Nothing good is born from lies.”
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 00:27   #954
LateRaider
Professor
 
LateRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ship Pierrson
Posts: 3,326
Default

nvm no ones gonna answer
__________________
"Come, let's get off this roof, and... I will buy you a milkshake."

Last edited by LateRaider; 24-07-21 at 17:07.
LateRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 04:01   #955
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter
 
Avalon SARL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
I assume the mobile stuff gets this great treatment, because SE's Director of Mobile Tomb Raider games (Ed Perkins) is a passionate Tomb Raider fan (at least that's what I get from interacting with him), and so he tries to make the game as TR-y as possible.

That just shows what can be done with the franchise if the right people are in charge.

True.

I think when CD took over, they were obsessed with trying to prove how much better they are from CORE, and this obsession escalated more and more up till the reboot where, like Hollywood movies nowadays, it is an obsession with cool visual effects and less about good story telling and creative ideas.

TR should be in the hands of someone who loves TR and who thinks of 'how to make TR standout from the crowd' by being creative in its gameplay; like how it started.

Obsession of wanting to please the trend destroyed the game and its character's identity, you can barely recognize her if it weren't for the name.
__________________
YEAH YEAH WHATEVER...
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 07:43   #956
MissJodieG
Professor
 
MissJodieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,089
Default

Any word on when it'll release officially? I've downloaded the game yesterday online since it's not available in my country yet and I really enjoyed it a lot! Once I've reached level 4 I deleted it again because I can't be arsed to redo everything when the game officially drops in Germany.
__________________
the nice one
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 15:05   #957
TombRaider_Ed
Hobbyist
 
TombRaider_Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: London, UK
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Ed has said that the soundtrack for Reloaded is actually costing them a lot which I find weird that again they would take her iconic theme and remake it so it could fit in this new era just for a mobile game. I mean it sounds great but where's this treatment for the games??? I don't see any reason for this not being her main theme from now on moving forward.
I think I said we're investing in the soundtrack, as in it's not just a cheap afterthought, but I wouldn't consider it expensive when you look at what a console game soundtrack would cost as ours is much shorter.

Also when you say "just" a mobile game I have to do my usual boring response - the mobile market is bigger than the console and PC market put together and as a result it's highly likely Reloaded will have more players than the console games. Doesn't mean it'll be successful of course (though we're working hard to make sure it has every chance!) but it means the effort that goes into each aspect of the game is still worthy of high investment.
__________________
Here to chat, not to fight!
TombRaider_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 15:06   #958
TombRaider_Ed
Hobbyist
 
TombRaider_Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: London, UK
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
Any word on when it'll release officially? I've downloaded the game yesterday online since it's not available in my country yet and I really enjoyed it a lot! Once I've reached level 4 I deleted it again because I can't be arsed to redo everything when the game officially drops in Germany.
Not yet, sorry
__________________
Here to chat, not to fight!
TombRaider_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 15:08   #959
TombRaider_Ed
Hobbyist
 
TombRaider_Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: London, UK
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
I assume the mobile stuff gets this great treatment, because SE's Director of Mobile Tomb Raider games (Ed Perkins) is a passionate Tomb Raider fan (at least that's what I get from interacting with him), and so he tries to make the game as TR-y as possible.

That just shows what can be done with the franchise if the right people are in charge.
I can't speak for any other games, but I'm glad I can finally put my TR nerdiness to use
__________________
Here to chat, not to fight!
TombRaider_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 18:42   #960
MissJodieG
Professor
 
MissJodieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaider_Ed View Post
Not yet, sorry
Thank you for the response! I appreciate it. Are you guys planning to include more countries in the soft launch?

As I've already said: I really enjoyed my short experience with the game (I hope you don't mind me getting my hands on it pre maturely lol) and I can't wait to play more of it once it officially releases. Keep up the great work!
__________________
the nice one
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.