Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-09-19, 15:24   #16661
Yeauxleaux

I think Ezio was the most well-balanced character. You could take him seriously but he still had a lighter, humorous side.

As opposed to some of the others. Connor, Shay and Altair are way too earnest and flat serious all the time. Connor melodramatically so, he almost borders on "Reboot Lara earnest" territory. Some of the others are the opposite and a bit too light and joke-y all the time, Jacob in particular.

I don't hate any of them, I find pretty much all of them very enjoyable characters, some are just not so well developed.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 17-09-19 at 15:27.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 14:25   #16662
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I also think the frontier could have benefitted from more central fast travel points, because all the fast travel points it did have were on the edge of the map and more towards the east. Just put one in that village (Lexington?) that was in the centre of the map, that would have done.
Jokes on us, there ARE 3 additional fast travel points in the frontier that only unlock when you enter the general stores. One of them is a bit obsolete since Monmouth is a harbor city and has a dock master anyway, but Concord and Lexington are right in the middle of the map and I can't believe I discovered them only now, post story, while trying to achieve 100% completion. 🤡

Edit: Why did I do this myself? There were so many ASS requirements for this, especially the one where you have to scan your homestead workers. There were also some major rage inducing secondary objectives both in story and side missions. I feel so accomplished, lmao.

Last edited by tomee; 20-09-19 at 16:10.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-19, 00:08   #16663
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Jokes on us, there ARE 3 additional fast travel points in the frontier that only unlock when you enter the general stores. One of them is a bit obsolete since Monmouth is a harbor city and has a dock master anyway, but Concord and Lexington are right in the middle of the map and I can't believe I discovered them only now, post story, while trying to achieve 100% completion. ��
jskfsjbdska...

I'm ****ing done As if I never discovered this!

Revisiting AC2 in the Ezuo trilogy remaster now. I also don't like the character models in this remaster, same as 3. Overall I think it looks decent though.

Man I love this game. I feel like AC2 really doesn't take itself too seriously, it's very comical and I love that.

"Ma CoSa!!! ShOoT! sHoOt ThA fLyInG dEmOnN!!!"

I also love how the templars are terrified of Ezio haha

I kinda wish they'd update AC1 and AC2 to give young Altair and Ezio unique faces, not Desmond's face. Especially for Altair, I think seeing him with his hood down and with a unique face would help him feel like a more fully-fleshed character. On Ezio it's not so bad, I just don't like Desmond's face very much ngl especially in the AC2 remaster.

The earlier games were so much better for platforming though, given they made you hold X in addition to R2 to make Ezio climb. That is what AC3 needed and they really downgraded by trying to merge those buttons.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 28-09-19 at 17:15.
Old 05-10-19, 13:24   #16664
ANoDE
Golden

Is anyone playing 'AC Rebellion'? I've started a few days back and it looked very promising, although I've come to a point now, where playing without giving in to microtransactions has become very tedious. The campain's difficulty suddenly rose, without providing means to properly upgrade your heroes. They also keep adding new heroes, slimming the chance to get upgrades for the ones you already have with the free stuff they give you on a daily basis.

I just don't get why mobile games always have to be filled with microtransactions. The largest single purchase in ACR for example costs € 109,99 - and you don't even get everything you need to complete the game for that price. It's ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong - I don't want to play for free - I'm well aware that developing mobile games costs money - I just want the price to be in a good relation to games on other platforms. I've played over 200 hours on AC Odyssey for example, bought it (including the DLC) for about €60
and didn't have to spend a single cent on microtransactions to complete (nearly) every aspect of the game. A mobile game that consists of a few main missions along with some more side missions isn't really worth more than a few bucks in comparison.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 15:55   #16665
Chamayoo

I really enjoyed AC Origins but whenever I replayed it the lack of sprint and jump buttons slapped me on the face. It is really frustrating, remembering the old games.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 01:01   #16666
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I really enjoyed AC Origins but whenever I replayed it the lack of sprint and jump buttons slapped me on the face. It is really frustrating, remembering the old games.
I've just been replaying Origins. I kind of forced myself to replay it at first, because I remembered how huge the game seemed to be and how long it took to complete. That had left me un-motivated to try it again.

However I'm so glad I have picked it back up again. Playing it a second time, it's actually not as big and daunting as I remember it being (maybe because Odyssey was so ridiculously huge it makes Origins look tiny in comparison).

Bayek is honestly as good as Ezio as a protagonist. He is so enthralling and multidimensional, well written, incredibly entertaining at times. Aya kind of falls flat to me until her very last sequence at the end of the campaign, I wish we'd seen more of her like that earlier on.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 14-11-19 at 01:04.
Old 14-11-19, 12:08   #16667
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I've just been replaying Origins. I kind of forced myself to replay it at first, because I remembered how huge the game seemed to be and how long it took to complete. That had left me un-motivated to try it again.

However I'm so glad I have picked it back up again. Playing it a second time, it's actually not as big and daunting as I remember it being (maybe because Odyssey was so ridiculously huge it makes Origins look tiny in comparison).

Bayek is honestly as good as Ezio as a protagonist. He is so enthralling and multidimensional, well written, incredibly entertaining at times. Aya kind of falls flat to me until her very last sequence at the end of the campaign, I wish we'd seen more of her like that earlier on.
Is it possible to make larger than AC Origins ? It was already huge ! Still interested into Odyssey, I love Greek settings and culture and I'm curious about the interactive dialogues.

I also enjoyed Bayek, as well as Aya. The end was really good ! And I was glad I guess the revelation about her, but I have been helped thanks to have played AC II not long before.
However I think in general the plot and story was heavily rushed, well compared to the first games. Oh maybe it's just an impression as I didn't keep going the story naturally, I preferred to do secondary quests and level up instead.

I am playing the Curse of the Pharaoh DLC and woooow WTF ? Ubisoft threw me a lot of fantastic without any explanation. The series was used to be Science Fiction, what happened ? Maybe it will be explained later.
I really enjoyed the DLC (despite to be tired to the repetitive fetch now) but I am confused.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 12:58   #16668
ANoDE
Golden

Sooo... there seems to be rumors spreading about the next installment in the series. Have you heard them? Do you believe them?
Old 23-11-19, 13:43   #16669
tomee

All I heard was that it's going to be Viking themed, but that was months ago. Anything new surfaced since then?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-19, 20:47   #16670
ANoDE
Golden

I had stumbled across this gamerant article: https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed...ragnarok-leak/ hinting at a possible release date, a few locations and mechanics.

I hadn't been aware that the viking theme was already rumored back in April.