Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-08-19, 23:56   #1
Opaque79

Unhappy Completelt burnt out

Be it the summer heat or bad health, no idea, I can never seem to find the will to work on TRLE. This may not be an issue in reality but it's bothersome for me. What can I do?

EDIT: Title should say completely
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 00:26   #2
Baslakor

Just take a break?
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 01:12   #3
SrDanielPonces

if you're not into trle then don't force yourself lol
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 07:46   #4
Howaito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
Be it the summer heat or bad health, no idea, I can never seem to find the will to work on TRLE. This may not be an issue in reality but it's bothersome for me. What can I do?

Don’t give up! You’re obviously a very talented builder and your levels are very popular. Why not try doing something completely different than what you’re accustomed to? Or try recreating something personal to you like someplace nearby and see where it goes from there? There are so many objects available (as you already know) to really make a weird bizzaro land type thing. If you’re burned out physically then don’t force yourself, take regular breaks, go outside and photo land and walls to see if any textures inspire you to make levels.
Howaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 08:31   #5
Teone

I always enjoy myself with your games, even if they are short and simple like the last one (Dino Caves).
It would be a shame if you give up building. I think you are a talented builder, not very ambitious but talented.
Sometimes it seems that you start with an idea but you want to conclude it soon.
I think it's all in your mind because players enjoy your levels anyway, and they are also well rated.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 09:30   #6
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
Maybe try to make something new and very simple, maybe focus on a naive light and easy level you can make, so that you focus only on creativity and beauty instead of tricky abstractions.
Or maybe, even, create only "areas", not a level, just for the satisfaction of it. Browse trsearch to find out some objects and to make pop out inspiration in you automatically... Or just play some levels.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 13:13   #7
rufierto

I go through phases where I build feverishly, and then there are times I cannot open the editor for months. You can't force it and build anything worth while in my experience. Take the breaks as you need them, and build when the time is right.
rufierto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 13:17   #8
larafan25

Don't force yourself to work on anything, instead try googling pictures of locations or tombs that might inspire you. But don't hold the expectation that you will make anything, the finding of inspiration is just as important as the rest of the work imo.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 22:14   #9
Opaque79

I really appreciate the encouragement. It is possibly because of a hot summer or preoccupation with other hobbies (it happens). I suppose I could just build a random area off the main level map and see if that generates ideas.

Here's the map of Dino Temple right now

Also, current gameplay time so far

Last edited by Opaque79; 04-09-19 at 22:27.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-19, 09:22   #10
Ruu11

Literally just take a break. You sound like you're being forced to keep doing TRLEs
Try to make something original and not only based on levels from the original TRs
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote