Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 14-05-19, 21:45   #1021
Samz

Is there anyway to fix the footprints?

I've noticed Lara almost never leaves any on PC but she leaves them normally on PS2.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 07:17   #1022
nakamichi680

I don't know, I've never dug into them.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 14:04   #1023
dcw123

You're a saint.. thank you so much :3
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 14:13   #1024
Czarpos

Hey Nakamichi.
I have found an issue with the animation exporter. While it's great that you gave support for exporting root bone motion, there's one massive downside to this. The animation that should be at root bone is merged into the HIP bone.

It would be really helpful if you could tweak the exporter and add the root bone at the 0 origins point for models and animations, parent HIP bone to it and give it the root motion. I was thinking about making script for Blender to somehow separate HIP motion from root motion but this is pretty much impossible. I suppose I could take both animations with and without root motion, then somehow take the translation difference and give it to a new bone but I believe this would be really difficult and inefficient. I'm not really a good programmer so this would take me ages but I imagine this wouldn't be so hard if you could give that feature to the exporter.

Thank you in advance.
Czarpos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 14:18   #1025
FreakRaider

^ I was facing this exact problem and it’s hindered me a lot in my work :/
what he suggested would be really great if you could implement it, nakamichi
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 14:56   #1026
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarpos View Post
Hey Nakamichi.
I have found an issue with the animation exporter. While it's great that you gave support for exporting root bone motion, there's one massive downside to this. The animation that should be at root bone is merged into the HIP bone.
This is a known limitation and I don't have a solution for it right now. It requires some substantial changes in the CAL_Read function which I don't have time nor will to do it. If you can wait maybe I'll do it one day but if you need it now my only suggestion is to study the source code and do the changes by yourself.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 16:02   #1027
Czarpos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
This is a known limitation and I don't have a solution for it right now. It requires some substantial changes in the CAL_Read function which I don't have time nor will to do it. If you can wait maybe I'll do it one day but if you need it now my only suggestion is to study the source code and do the changes by yourself.
Ah that sucks... Thought it wouldn't be so complicated. I understand though and I think I'm going to wait. Right after I made my post, I realized you shared the source code and I was excited thinking I can probably do it myself until I saw how complex the code is and no comments are even in english

This is something for someone more experienced in coding, so it seems all we can do is wait :/
Czarpos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 02:15   #1028
lance6439

I’ve tried to contact people but I guess everyone is ignoring me. So here’s a semi C&P since I’m on mobile right now my fingers are in pain from work. And even typing this is making me squirm.

So I downloaded AOD (with the CD I bought a few years ago) for PC and I'm trying to use TEXMOD so I can roam around using cool skins/outfits. However I'm having a problem trying to make it work. I've followed what seems like every possible tutorial (dragging the file onto the desktop, using the correct .EXE as the target, etc) and no luck.

Anyone have any ssuggestions?

lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 03:29   #1029
Stosh

^
I haven't used Texmod in quite some time but I do know your tpf needs to be in the same folder as your exe.

Last edited by Stosh; 18-05-19 at 03:30.
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 06:02   #1030
lance6439

Just tried that and no luck

Also, in every tutorial it states to paste the TPF on desktop :/
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote