Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 24-10-18, 12:38   #1
Jaydn

Default TombATI - Action music always repeats

Just wanted to know if there was anyway to stop certain music trigger events to only play once using tombATI ?

The lost valley in particular.. I’ve defeated the t-rex but every time I go under the broken bridge the music will start up again like he’s there. Really annoying & im guessing other parts further on in the game will be the same.

Anyone else have this same problem using tombATI and/or know of a fix ?
Jaydn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 03:09   #2
Helegad

I recall having that issue, plus Unfinished Business looping the damn main theme over and over. Dunno about a fix though. I recall just muting the music, compiling a playlist of all tracks from the series, and playing to that instead.
Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 11:57   #3
Jaydn

Helegad were you using tombATI at all ?
Old 30-10-18, 23:34   #4
Helegad

Yes I was.
Helegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-18, 00:09   #5
Error96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydn View Post
Just wanted to know if there was anyway to stop certain music trigger events to only play once using tombATI ?

The lost valley in particular.. I’ve defeated the t-rex but every time I go under the broken bridge the music will start up again like he’s there. Really annoying & im guessing other parts further on in the game will be the same.
I really like that you get to hear that awesome track again even though no T-Rex. It's less of a problem later on because of level design so you aren't re-going over triggers much.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 01:53   #6
Jaydn

Error96 I know what you mean, the music is superb don’t get me wrong.. probably one of the best soundtracks ever made.

It’s more of a tombATI issue which I think is being caused by replaying the level from a saved game file.
I double checked it & loaded a save game right near the broken bridge after the t-Rex was defeated & the music had played.
The music will play again from the save game under the bridge, but if I play the level normally without using the save game it will only play once.

So I think I found out why it was repeating all the time, I was going back into the level from a save game which in turn triggers the music again.. even if the music had already played. Seems to be a tombATI save game glitch or pc glitch here.

No biggy, but others might want to know what causes it if they experience this issue as well.. mainly in Lost Valley