Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-07-19, 08:34   #1
GabrielCroft

Default Tomb Raider: Salvation (Gold Edition - Reimagined)

Tomb Raider: Salvation
Gold Edition - REIMAGINED

Hi!

After all the love I received for Tomb Raider: Salvation despite its flaws (thank you, guys!), I'm happy to announce a reimagined version! "Tomb Raider: Salvation (Gold Edition - Reimagined)".

For those who are curious and doesn't know about this: I started building a beta version of it in 2012 called "Tomb Raider: Redemption", but after many levels already built, a virus corrupted my HDD and I lost everything. Started rebuilding and I changed some things, for example, the story and the title. Released the game in parts, and finally ended in november, 2016.

Now, I decided to make this version, featuring new outfits, levels, improvement, fixing mistakes that I commited and bug fixes. Plus... beta content restored!

I made some modifications on the outfits (thanks, Horus Goddess) and I separated every planned level for each of them:

CROFT MANOR
- 100% repolished Croft Manor (classic) - 100% Done

ISLAND
- Heart Of The Jungle - 100% Done
- The River Rapids
- Forgotten City Of The Gold

CARIBBEAN OCEAN
- Ocean Rig (New level!)
- Submarine Dive (New level!)
- Into The Depths (earlier "Sea Gorge")
- The Wreck Of The Queen Athena (earlier "Queen Athena")

MOUNT PENGLAI
- Rainforest (New level!)
- Mountain Village (New level!)
- Penglai Shan

TORONTO, CANADA
- Midnight At Toronto (earlier City level)
- Cathedral Complex (New level!)
- The Shard (earlier Shard part featured in City level)

MEXICO
- Sonora Desert
- The Lost City Of El Dorado

Other levels stays the same, some of them I only changed the name. I'll try to make each one stay 100% faithful as the original (design and gameplay), but with quality improvement and some new areas and challenges.

SCREENS:

New Features
-This project is being made with TombEditor, so it will feature new things the creator provided for us (like diagonal walls)
-Human enemies removed from most of levels to provide the "isolation" feeling like we had in TR1, for example
-Voice provided for Lara dialogues in cutscenes
-The aquatic levels now will be set in Caribbe, with more underwater caves exploration that were going to be in TR Redemption
-Not only wearing the catsuit, Lara will now wear an elegant cocktail dress in "Midnight At Toronto", infiltrated on a party...
-Paris levels will now be set in Toronto, Canada
-"Midnight in Toronto" will feature some cathedral/ruins areas that were planned for London section in TR Redemption
-The desert/El Dorado section will feature more cut content that I planned for Caribbe, like a big broken bridge and beach areas
-All the outfits are new (some of them completely new)
-Blue and green shirt variations for the classic outfit
-ALL textures and objects will be high quality this time
-The game will not be released in parts. It will be released 100% full, all levels inside just one package
-It will still feature secrets (3 per level)

Story
Lara Croft decides to explore an unknown island, only to find an artifact hidden inside a lost city built with gold. What she didn't expect is the connection it has with El Dorado. She will be able to get there, if she finds another three artifacts around the world. Excited to make a historical discovery, Lara continues her adventure, but mostly important, concerned about the supposed golden idol El Dorado guards. Legend says it gives all the power in the world to the person who consumes it. If she not gets there in time, it could end in wrong hands...

That's all I have for now.
Keep an eye out for news

Last edited by GabrielCroft; 02-08-19 at 12:58.
GabrielCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 09:22   #2
sackboy123

Ooooofffff, I've been waiting for this.

I'm interested, and love the outfit choices except for the one at the Shard (But I can't be too picky, I just prefer Lara having a physical ponytail, it's just a pet peeve of mine)

But on a whole, looking forward to playing it.

I also noticed you did a TR2 Remake, is it just a one off level? or is it another project you're working on?
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 11:18   #3
Die Basis

Gold edition sounds always interesting.
Die Basis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 17:43   #4
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Ooooofffff, I've been waiting for this.

I'm interested, and love the outfit choices except for the one at the Shard (But I can't be too picky, I just prefer Lara having a physical ponytail, it's just a pet peeve of mine)

But on a whole, looking forward to playing it.

I also noticed you did a TR2 Remake, is it just a one off level? or is it another project you're working on?
I wanted Lara to have a different hairstyle for this occasion (in case, the bun)
The outfit and its style were inspired by Nina (from tekken) in Death By Degrees

About the TR2 remake, I did the first two levels just for fun, I don't know if I'll make more levels someday... but who knows

Last edited by tlr online; 17-07-19 at 20:16. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
Old 17-07-19, 22:34   #5
sackboy123

Oooofff, definitely keep my eye out then
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 22:38   #6
SrDanielPonces

Looking forward to this
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 23:33   #7
TombRaiderTim

I hardly saw any flaws when I played the game and I really enjoyed the experience, the only thing I could suggest is perhaps better quality textures in certain levels that combine well with each other and align, such as the greenery in Croft Manor which could spread to the walls of floors to make it a little more realistic and perhaps some could be swapped to fit the level better, like the stone fountain was a little bright and out of place but you get the picture.

Looking forward to seeing some screenshots when they come along!
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-19, 01:15   #8
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I hardly saw any flaws when I played the game and I really enjoyed the experience, the only thing I could suggest is perhaps better quality textures in certain levels that combine well with each other and align, such as the greenery in Croft Manor which could spread to the walls of floors to make it a little more realistic and perhaps some could be swapped to fit the level better, like the stone fountain was a little bright and out of place but you get the picture.

Looking forward to seeing some screenshots when they come along!
Don't worry, texture quality in this remake is a must! I'll remake everything.

Thank you so much for the tips! It's really good to hear them, it helps a lot.

Last edited by GabrielCroft; 18-07-19 at 06:10.
Old 18-07-19, 05:53   #9
TheLostSecret

Thumbs up

Such a compelling project! Great continuation with it!
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-19, 19:04   #10
Craig Michaels

Looking forward to this.

Haha - judging by the picture above, Lara Croft keeps *slightly* different shades of aqua tanktops in her closet at the same time
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote