Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 18-05-22, 01:14   #1
laraflawless

Default lara cant fix her position in front of a pushable object

When I press action in front of a pushable block but not facing it on the center and release the action right away, lara stucks side stepping 6 times by herself (!) on the same spot.
Why does she try to go the center anyway? I know it makes sense since the movable object could be a statue but what if its a block?
Cant she just pull/push it like TR1 or 2 no matter if she stands in front of it or a bit of a-side in front of it?
Is there something I can do to prevent her trying to go in the middle all the time before she performs movable action?

Thank you,
Nick

Last edited by laraflawless; 18-05-22 at 03:53.
laraflawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-22, 05:40   #2
mizuno_suisei

In TR4 she always auto positions to the center - indeed unlike the other TRs where she can push slightly off centre.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-22, 16:01   #3
laraflawless

can that center position be overriden somehow? if its impossible, at least not let the engine makes her sidestep 6 times on the same place if action button is released before she reaches the center?
AkyV? Are you here? I need your guiding lights :-)

Nick

Last edited by laraflawless; 18-05-22 at 16:03.
Old 18-05-22, 18:29   #4
AkyV

Thank you for the kind words , but I have never taken care about this before.

True, if you have a look at the different pushable shapes of different WADs in different engines, the you can see the object pivot is at different positions.
For example the TR3 Indian jungle pushblock pivot is exactly at the 3D center of the cube. But the pushable statue of TRLE Playable Tutorial Level is on the middle of the floor level of the mesh. - So perhaps you can do something to prevent it if you edit the mesh somehow.
And/or, you can try some complex scripting with TestPosition Script commands (as conditions) to force animations, I guess.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-22, 18:40   #5
laraflawless

hmmmm alright, i could try SetPosition I guess but I have to compute the math for that, its gonna be a headache :-/

If I find how its done for a block (at least) for trng engine I will post it here.

Thanx,
Nick

Last edited by laraflawless; 18-05-22 at 18:41.
Old 18-05-22, 19:28   #6
SrDanielPonces

I believe the issue must be the collision of the pushable that is preventing Lara to move.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-22, 23:52   #7
laraflawless

I tried for the possibility there is a movable object's collision by triggering A61 on it to remove it but the problem persists...

Nick
Old 21-05-22, 19:44   #8
LoreRaider

What you described in the first post it's most likely an issue with the original engine, nothing that you can do about it
I know what you mean and it happens to me as well, just don't press action and release it right away, keep it pressed and she'll move properly to the center

About her moving to the center, it's just how TR4 works and there's no way to manipulate that to simulate how's in TR1-3
Although if you're using TRNG, there's one FLEP patch that skips any alignment (for pushblocks, pickups, keyholes etc), which is called "Fast alignment"
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-22, 21:43   #9
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by laraflawless View Post
I tried for the possibility there is a movable object's collision by triggering A61 on it to remove it but the problem persists...

Nick
no you must edit the collision of the pushable so it doesn't go beyond the mesh
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-22, 20:07   #10
laraflawless

I think I have edited the object correctly, althouth do you agree with LoreRaider cause what he says makes perfectly sense. I mean its unavoidable due to the way the engine is designed right?

Nick

Last edited by laraflawless; 23-05-22 at 20:12.