www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 13-01-18, 21:22   #1
Joey79100
Professor

Default Atomic Lara cheat code

This is a cheat code for PS1:
Quote:
Atomic Lara: Turns laras pistol into a nuclear missile launcher. During the time when its loading the title screen enter L1, L1, L1, Triangle, Circle, Circle, X, X, X, X, R1, R1, R2, L2, Square after that you have to get to the second level and pick up the shotgun ammo in the tomb when you dont have a shotgun then go to your inventory and click on the shotgun ammo and it will be your pistol and then press L1, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, L2, L2, R1, R1, R1, R1, R1, R2, R2, R2 then put it away and take it out again. It will then shoot nucuelar missles.
Source

Has anyone made a video of it? I wonder if it really exists and how it looks like, but I haven't found a video showing it. Just curious.
Old 14-01-18, 01:38   #2
Boobandie
Professor

I don't think that's real. Firstly it's way too complicated. A tell tale sign of a fake code is that it requires something more than entering a code (then do this. Then this. Then pick up this. Then use this like this.)

Secondly it has a clear mistake. This second level of the game is Race for the Iris not Tomb of Seth.

And thirdly there is no "nucuelar missiles" code in TR4. The closest thing would be the TR3 Rocket Launcher but that was changed to being a grenade launcher in TR4 like how the harpoon gun became the crossbow.

At a stretch, you could convince the game to fire grenades from Lara's pistols in you swapped the shell casings that spawn when she fires her pistols to the "active grenade" item, but I doubt that they made a code this complicated for that.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-18, 11:38   #3
TR-Freak
Professor

How to identify "fake" cheat codes:
The Progress of Cheat Code goes beyond Level Bounds. Not a single developer would implement a complicated cheatcode just for the lulz.
It would waste a lot of memory:
In this example, it has to save the button combination you entered while loading , the combination of the second button sequence it has to set a flag when putting away the pistol and adding the "Missile Launcher" afterwards.
Old 14-01-18, 12:47   #4
Joey79100
Professor

Yeah that's what I thought. Still I found it weird that it was listed on that site, so I opened this thread just in case. Thanks for the info.
Old 14-01-18, 21:14   #5
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I wonder what did the author think of when he wrote "nuclear missile launcher." Like that it shoots gigantic rockets or what?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-18, 00:17   #6
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I wonder what did the author think of when he wrote "nuclear missile launcher." Like that it shoots gigantic rockets or what?
I was wondering about that as well