Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-10-19, 21:21   #11
Costel

The game is good but **** Paititi and everything it stands for especially the outfits restriction bull****.
And I am going to say it: Mountain Village is a better hub than Paititi and even Geothermal Valley. Actual ruins and not home for some people. Can we go back to that CD, EM?
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 21:26   #12
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
The game is good but **** Paititi and everything it stands for especially the outfits restriction bull****.
And I am going to say it: Mountain Village is a better hub than Paititi and even Geothermal Valley. Actual ruins and not home for some people. Can we go back to that CD, EM?
Paititi’s definitely way beneath Mountain Village for me. Even Shantytown’s better than Paristiti, the city of hatred...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 22:01   #13
Jeff_aod

#Justice4DLC8#
Jeff_aod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 22:05   #14
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_aod View Post
#Justice4DLC8#
I agree with ya but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
This should be limited to the game itself, so nothing about how DLC distribution was handled, marketing, PR or anything to do with the wider product.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 00:08   #15
charmedangelin

Big ass ropes right in front of the trap. You could at least make the rope less noticable or switch to pressure pads.

Slow mo traps that give you en eternity to dodge the traps.

Where are my bolder traps?

Story, absolute mess
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 00:12   #16
SoraSakai
Inactive

Yeah, I feel like higher difficulties should get rid of the slow motion.
So that there’s at least some tension and danger. Either that, or the slow motion should be a skill.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 00:22   #17
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Yeah, I feel like higher difficulties should get rid of the slow motion.
So that there’s at least some tension and danger. Either that, or the slow motion should be a skill.
I agree, I was actually surprised Deadly Obsession didn't disable the feature. It would have at least made the tombs harder, even better if they replaced the thick ropes with very thin wires. It would have made them that much more deadly and likely to trip over them every now and again.
Old 20-10-19, 00:43   #18
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I agree, I was actually surprised Deadly Obsession didn't disable the feature. It would have at least made the tombs harder, even better if they replaced the thick ropes with very thin wires. It would have made them that much more deadly and likely to trip over them every now and again.
I remember they said that it would during an E3 event. My lack of deaths from traps determines that that was a lie.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 00:48   #19
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I remember they said that it would during an E3 event. My lack of deaths from traps determines that that was a lie.
Indeed, I also remember them saying the puzzles would be harder on higher difficulties, but the difficulty never changed the puzzles.

Man now that would have been something too, if they created multiple solutions for puzzles and the solutions for puzzles would change based on difficulty. Deadly Obsession could have been that mode for us hard core gamers. I'm still traumatized from the 40 replays of DLC 6 when doing a DO playthrough. That one jump just as you claim your reward is honestly the worst jump in Tomb Raider history.

It's why I'm never touching that mode again. Lol
Old 20-10-19, 06:05   #20
Edming

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post

So when I finally started the game in september, I was amazed by how good everything looked. I loved the opening. I loved the rooftop scene with Jonah (one of the few good acted parts of this game). Up until Kuwak Yaku everything was amazing and I felt so overwhelmed. I didn't expect it to be that good. When Croft Manor happened I was on the verge of tears. And then... yeah it went downhill pretty fast. Paititi ruined the game for me. Everything in it was bad. I had voice immersion on and I couldn't believe Lara was talking English back to them. The voice acting and lip syncing was horrendous. Paititi felt empty AF. The charachters were horribly one dimensional. Dominguez was the leader of some random tribe, which had nothing to do with previous games, while also being the leader of trinity, are you kidding me?

San Juan felt like a breath of fresh air but it was over as soon as it started. Then the point of no return popped up. I lost pretty much all enthousiasm for the game by then. The ending was weak. The boss fight was weak. The final scene with Lara and Jonah in Paititi was weak. It left me with such a sour taste in my mouth, I was so disappointed.
You literally said everything on my mind...
Edming is offline   Reply With Quote