Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Crossovers, Tabletop Games and Milestones > Tomb Raider 25

Old 25-01-21, 23:54   #71
leomage

Yeah, when she said “months” I’m pretty sure she was indicating it’s something small, not something big. You can’t make a game in months. And small by their standards is probably really small. Keep in mind how long it took to make the Croft Fitness outfit and compare.
leomage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 23:57   #72
lance6439

Didn’t they pull the plug on some remasters being made a few years ago? They could have been working on that in the meantime
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 23:58   #73
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
Considering they’ve been the main developers since Legend, I would imagine it would be them.
Well Eidos Montreal developed Shadow while I assume Crystal mainly focus on Avengers.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-21, 00:10   #74
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Didn’t they pull the plug on some remasters being made a few years ago? They could have been working on that in the meantime
Do you mean the Android/iOS ports? Because I think they only removed them from the app store because it was dirt cheap and had bad controls so I would imagine it wasn't profitable, so paying Google/Apple to keep them up for download was more bother than it was worth. This is just a guess though.

And the TR3 port for Android/iOS and pc remasters that was being worked on wasn't commissioned by Square, the author was still going to pitch the idea to them for them to finance, which they didn't show any interest in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
Probably 2 people at SE taking 2 hours a week calling it "months" deciding which TReboot GIF to put under "Happy 25th Anniversary ICON".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
Well, between the pandemic and flopvengers, I imagine they’ve only really had months to work on whatever they’re doing.
Well they are working from home though aren't they? Or else Avengers wouldn't have happened I imagine it's the same for EM.
And they've known the 25th anniversary was coming since forever, if they wanted to make something bigger they had the time. If they wanted to make a game, they had time to plan it since the last Shadow dlc, a good chunk of time before the pandemic even hit Europe, much less America. I'm not gonna say the pandemic couldn't get in the way, but it sure as hell can't be used as an excuse for not doing anything bigger.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-21, 00:20   #75
lance6439

^not for Android but PC?
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-21, 00:25   #76
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
Well Eidos Montreal developed Shadow while I assume Crystal mainly focus on Avengers.
Didn’t a small team from Crystal help with Shadow too?
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-21, 00:32   #77
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
^not for Android but PC?
Right, those ones were just pitches but Square didn't want to finance them. There are some people that speculate it was because they were already working on or had plans for that, but personally I'm with the majority of people who think they just didn't care to waste money on PC ports for the classics so they didn't finance that project.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-21, 01:49   #78
JuditePrince12

The “months” statement should be taken lightly. I doubt they just started working on something for the anniversary a couple months ago. In those months, she could’ve been finalizing or putting the finishing touches on said announcements and events. This could mean a new game announcement or a new contest etc. We’ve already seen that the movie sequel is still on and a new talented director is taking up the mantle. Megan confirmed that there is some things being worked on in the wood work. I think throughout the year, we’ll be hearing a lot more.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-21, 01:56   #79
veigafd

Not going to keep my expectations high. It might be just some history videos, fan arts, cosplays and some news about the new movie as well as the new mobile game.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-21, 02:18   #80
Los Angeles
Inactive

Didn’t she say not to get our hopes up in a follow up tweet? So basically a DLC for TR Reloaded confirmed.

Last edited by Los Angeles; 26-01-21 at 02:22.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote