Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 03-10-19, 20:32   #14881
GeekOfComedy

Well the worry I have is that this film is assembling itself a lot like the first Assassins Creed movie of 2016 where there was too much newness. WAYY too much newness, where you had the DOP who's last film was like a romantic movie and then they were like Oh boy I'm sure you know how to film Action.

I mean 2018 was assembled really well at everything BESIDES the script and I stand by that having seen the 2018 movie. I think the DOP did a great job, Roar did, the production designer did a good job but he clearly built the sets for the wrong ratio, he built sets for 1:85:1 movie and no one told him they were going to present this in 2:35:1. I only saw that he did No time to die, that's great so MGM probably picked him to do a good job here for the sequel. I mean filming should begin in around January as it'll be the exact same timeline as the 2018 movie which honestly I'm angry about, I wish this film had more time in Post because it didn't last time which meant it had a crap trailer #1 with unfinished VFX.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 03-10-19 at 20:35.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 20:38   #14882
Ellioft

If Roar haven't edited the first trailer by himself...
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 20:42   #14883
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I think that music played well in dark, loud theatres, just not on Laptops and he didn't edit by himself LOL WB publicity did, he was just in the edit room - the big problem is the VFX just weren't ready for trailer #1 which on purpose tends to be the shock and awe VFX trailer so it trends like crazy then you give a bit more of the story in trailer #2.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 21:14   #14884
PinkyPromise

I think Ben is a better choice than Roar. Roar was a foreign director filming in english for first time, with no decision power, no voice and he had only made horror movies and a movie with a giant wave. All his movies were very small. He also worked with a team he had not chosen.

If this is true Ben will work with a team with whom he always works. That makes everything easy. He will feel more comfortable, the rest of the team will feel more comfortable.Also, by the statements, Ben wanted to make a great action movie. He wants to show that he can do great projects. He has a reputation and he won't want to make a bad movie. Besides, his wife is the screenwriter ... he is going to direct something he has been reading. It is all more different. I feel they have more control in everything. I see everything more positive.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 03-10-19 at 21:21.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 21:27   #14885
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Lol I honestly loved the trailer. The 2nd was much better but the first got me hyped. Although to be honest, I would've been hyped about anything they showed. I wasn't on the forums during production, so I didn't really know what was going on. I had to watch the trailer at least 20 times the day it came out.

The 2nd trailer, I legit watched everyday until the movie was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
I think that music played well in dark, loud theatres, just not on Laptops and he didn't edit by himself LOL WB publicity did, he was just in the edit room - the big problem is the VFX just weren't ready for trailer #1 which on purpose tends to be the shock and awe VFX trailer so it trends like crazy then you give a bit more of the story in trailer #2.
That's a good point. I saw the trailer in theaters and the "dun dun!" had a better sound to it.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 03-10-19 at 21:29.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 09:52   #14886
Portugalraider

Something I have noticed: going through the posts here in the movie section of TRF, the cinematographer, the set decorator and production designer for the sequel were all added to IMDB on a Thursday, one week apart from each other.

If next Thursday we have another member of the production team added to IMDB, I think we officially have a pattern for "news" about the sequel here.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 12:52   #14887
Tonyrobinson

I've started an Instagram account to collect information and rumours. Latest update is that Wilton House has been listed as Croft Manor on IMDB.

https://www.instagram.com/tombraider2moviefanbase/
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 13:48   #14888
Rai

Ooh, nice one. It does make sense that CM would feature. It would be nice to see more of Wilton House, it looks like such a lovely place.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 14:13   #14889
Portugalraider

Clint Mansell was also added as the composer. Pity that Junkie XL isn't returning, as I absolutely love the soundtrack of the first movie and think it is a shame it was so misused on it, but as long as we get a good soundtrack (that you can actually hear this time -_- ), I am more than fine with any name attached to it.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 14:18   #14890
Tonyrobinson

Still seems a little early in the game to announce a composer but I guess it's maybe just giving Ben free reign to bring his team on board and make a high budget Wheatley film. They might aswell get experimental with it there's nothing to lose really.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote