Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Closed Thread

Old 18-06-13, 16:40   #321
Titak

You mean the particles from the smoke-emitters?

If so, then all I have been able to produce was also small particles becoming larger. Depending on which values you use the difference between small and large can be smaller or larger but they always go from smaller to larger.

Which ofcourse does not mean it can't be the other way around.
My testing is limited ofcourse: sooooo many possible combinations!
Old 18-06-13, 16:42   #322
Lwmte

I've released particle testing ground some time ago - it's basically test level with two utilities that can change emitter properties on the fly. You can play with all parameters and find the effect you want; then simply write down parameters into corresponding emitter OCB patch in FLEP, and you should get same result!
Old 18-06-13, 17:06   #323
Caesum

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed! Unfortunately, I can't make the particles being smaller with time anyway.

Last edited by Caesum; 18-06-13 at 17:18.
Old 18-06-13, 17:07   #324
Lwmte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Thank you! That's exactly what I needed! Unfortunately, I can't make the particles being smaller with time anyway.
It should be possible, I just don't remember exactly how to do it. Just play with parameters and their combination, eventually you'll find one.
Old 18-06-13, 17:18   #325
Caesum

Got it! Size variation lower byte must be really small, like 0 or 1. Size variation higher byte must be of number 1-3. Size overall must be 4 or higher. Then vertical speed 1 and 2 made to -50 or smaller.

Thank you for your help!
Old 19-06-13, 10:59   #326
psiko

there is a problem with the current release of flep (I wish it can be fixed..)
using those triggers:

; Exporting: TRIGGER(53:0) for ACTION(-1)
; <#> :
; <&> : Enemy. Mesh. Set for <#>enmey the (E)transparecy level
; (E) : Transparency Level= 0
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 65535, $35

or this kind of triggers, does not make the item appear at all in game.. I am using that for a pickup item, and lara cannot pick it up, and it is not visible when using different graduations of transparency: using normal tomb4.exe it all works... I think it depends on the new blending modes of flep...

can it be fixed? or I have to give up to flep? because I really need those triggers..
Old 19-06-13, 11:38   #327
Lwmte

Try to activate only "Extend tomb4.exe" and "New blending modes" patches and see if the bug will still be there. If so, I'll look into it, but I will need some kind of test level to replicate this situation!
Old 19-06-13, 21:56   #328
Caesum

Hi lwmte, have you ever looked into the way the bridge objects work in the engine of TR4? For some reason in TR4 you can't add two or more bridge objects at the same square, because only the one that is at the lowest level will work. This was fixed in TR5(it can be seen in the Labirynth). Could it be possible to make it work like that in TR4?

Of course I know you've stopped the project until the next TRNG version is released. I just want to know if it was ever checked by you... And there's always a chance maybe I can persuade you to make an exception for this one! No? Oh, too bad! xD

Last edited by Caesum; 19-06-13 at 21:58.
Old 20-06-13, 07:07   #329
Titak

^
I have placed two BRIDGE_FLAT objects one above the other and they both work.
I did not use the dummy trigger for them, just regular triggers.

Both bridge objects are placed in the same room and the trigger for them is in the room below.
Old 20-06-13, 07:12   #330
Caesum

I've tested it once again and in my case it's exactly as I said - only the lowest bridge works, all the other placed on the same square don't have collision(or actually they have but only on bottom, yet you can't stand on them anyway).
Closed Thread