Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 13-07-19, 20:38   #1
biscuits

Cool The Many Faced Goddess- Lara Croft Edition

I have decided to compile every single face model reboot Lara has provided. Which one is your favorite?

CONCEPT ART/ CGI RENDERS

CONCEPT ART

-I'd say this face is a different model from the Turning Point render we all know and love. Her hairstyle is a lot neater, and her facial features are more defined.

TURNING POINT RENDER

-This render was actually the very first look that players got at the new Lara. I even checked the forum archives to see this place's reaction

TURNING POINT TRAILER

-Our very first look at Lara in motion

RISE CGI TRAILER

-Out of all reboot face models, I must say that this one comes closest to giving Classic Lara vibes. Her expression provides nothing but a jaded and confident look.

SHADOW CGI TRAILER

-This one's weird.

INGAME MODELS
TR13 LAST GEN

-TR13's face model actually looks real good with TressFX applied.

DEFINITIVE EDITION

-This one's actually my favorite face model. It looks the most distinct IMO.

RISE LARA

-Here we have the birth of Puffy The Trinity Slayer. I think Rise Lara is very inconsistent. Some shots make her look like an upgraded Definitive Edition Lara, while others make her look like Camilla Luddington.

SHADOW LARA

-She's an adorable cinnamon roll. Shadow Lara is cute.

Which reboot face model is your favorite?

Last edited by biscuits; 13-07-19 at 21:41.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 20:50   #2
Rai

Not sure this belongs in the Future TR section.

To answer the question, the Turning Point Trailer and Shadow faces are my favourite.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 20:51   #3
Kurtis666

CGI ROTTR Lara. The perfect structure that resembles a lot of classic Lara Croft.

P.s. I'd suggest doing a poll on this topic.
Kurtis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 20:55   #4
Amunet

Honestly, the model in the concept art is my favourite. Every single one after is ruined by the awful layered hair.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 21:09   #5
tomblover

As the in-game models go, which are the ones that matter tbh...

Definitive Lara is probably my favorite.

I feel like she's pretty in a sort of generic way, though - but I'd love for them to return to this face and just exaggerate the features a touch more. Give her back the shaved eyebrow from the concept art, too.

(and, obviously, fix the hair/give her a longer forehead, whatever works)

Ultimately, she's the closest to TR2013 render Lara anyway, which is kind of the ideal.

Last edited by tomblover; 13-07-19 at 21:14.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 21:09   #6
Ahmier
Unverified

Rise CGI.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 21:20   #7
Yeauxleaux

Turning Point Render by far (actually looks better muddied up than she looked in the TP trailer to me). This is the only time she's ever actually resembled a realistic young classic-Lara to me in her features, expressions, and strong but feminine posture and posing. I've said this before but that is actually one of my favourite Lara models in the history of the franchise, yes a Reboot Lara one, you read right. If they just fixed the scratty moppy hair I'd have no problem with Lara looking like that forever.

Rise CGI is also pretty and she looks very typically British which is nice, although I don't think she looks like Lara.

The "concept art" one is also really pretty but kinda looks like an actress. I can't put my finger on which actress she looks like but I'm leaning towards Kiera Knightley, don't know if it's just me seeing that and I'm imagining things.

The in-game models are generally terrible as far as silly hair (which every version of Reboot Lara has to some degree, even the best renders) and not resembling Lara at all. The original 2013 model, as I've said before, is giving me Taylor Swift with brown hair. In Rise and Shadow they tried to make her look more like Camilla and I wasn't feeling that, she also started looking more like Ellen Page. The Definitive Edition model I thought was ok, and the best of her in-game models, relatively speaking.

The Shadow CGI model is an abomination, she resembles a messed-up Ellen Page there worse than in any other model and she just didn't look great.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 13-07-19 at 21:25.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 21:31   #8
Vaskito

I adore turning point, and SOTTRs in-game face. Turning point face would be amazing for TR2013 if it was next gen. But for R/SOTTR I prefer her current face. She's toughened and older, and I love it. The ideal next gen for me would be to make small improvements, such as the expected graphical upgrade we'll get with next gen. And remake her hair in the front (it's perfect in the back)

Last edited by Vaskito; 13-07-19 at 21:32.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 21:43   #9
tomblover

Where hair is concerned, I say either put it in a braid, or have the ponytail at the nape of her neck. I don't know about, for you guys, but a ponytail at the center of the head, or even higher, is just painful.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 22:15   #10
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Turning Point Render by far (actually looks better muddied up than she looked in the TP trailer to me). This is the only time she's ever actually resembled a realistic young classic-Lara to me in her features, expressions, and strong but feminine posture and posing. I've said this before but that is actually one of my favourite Lara models in the history of the franchise, yes a Reboot Lara one, you read right. If they just fixed the scratty moppy hair I'd have no problem with Lara looking like that forever.

Rise CGI is also pretty and she looks very typically British which is nice, although I don't think she looks like Lara.

The "concept art" one is also really pretty but kinda looks like an actress. I can't put my finger on which actress she looks like but I'm leaning towards Kiera Knightley, don't know if it's just me seeing that and I'm imagining things.

The in-game models are generally terrible as far as silly hair (which every version of Reboot Lara has to some degree, even the best renders) and not resembling Lara at all. The original 2013 model, as I've said before, is giving me Taylor Swift with brown hair. In Rise and Shadow they tried to make her look more like Camilla and I wasn't feeling that, she also started looking more like Ellen Page. The Definitive Edition model I thought was ok, and the best of her in-game models, relatively speaking.

The Shadow CGI model is an abomination, she resembles a messed-up Ellen Page there worse than in any other model and she just didn't look great.
you hit it spot on
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote