www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-09-18, 05:54   #521
New Dwight
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleCroft View Post
No one does it like Titak
A lot of people can do it like Titak

Nevertheless, I had a blast with the level, even though I had to use my keyboard!
still not answer on that joystick Win10 issue...
Old 19-09-18, 06:19   #522
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke217 View Post
Well sure enough turning off Avast for 10 minutes allowed me to download Tibetan Monastery, but does this mean it'll freak out once it turns back on and I'm playing the level?
I don't think so. I had the same problem and couldn't download my own or Daniels level, but I uninstalled AVG and it worked fine. I have avast on my pc too and its fine with that. It's frustrating when people scare off thinking it's a dodgy download.
Old 19-09-18, 07:41   #523
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I don't think so. I had the same problem and couldn't download my own or Daniels level, but I uninstalled AVG and it worked fine. I have avast on my pc too and its fine with that. It's frustrating when people scare off thinking it's a dodgy download.
If you have AVG like me, all you have to do to temporary switch it off, is click AVG icon, then menu, then settings, then components, and shut down all four components for 10 minutes, or 1 hour, or until restart of computer.

Also Anti-virus can see next gen TR4 exe on some games and remove it, which is rather frustrating. So I keep a copy of the exe on memory stick, and just replace it into the game folder to carry on with the game. (having to temporary shutdown anti-virus once again )
Old 19-09-18, 08:27   #524
annl
Archaeologist

In my case, I have a folder with Shortcuts to all my TRLE levels and another file called “DON’T FORGET TO TURN OFF AVG!” in that folder. It always reminds me to turn off AVG.

However, my biggest concern with TRLE levels at the moment is the eventual slowdown and crashing on Windows 10.
Old 19-09-18, 11:12   #525
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Xumongkh by Titak
I really enjoyed this one, so well made, though a bit too much underwater stuff for my liking. Always gasping for breathe and watching the air gauge rather than the scenery I enjoyed the push statue puzzle, and the attention to detail everywhere. The prize (the crystal lotus) was not that exciting for all that effort, and Lara was not sure what to do with it when she got it
(had to resort to a youtube video walkthough in places, as it was quite difficult)
All these games are now getting very difficult to chose a winner as they are that good.

Old 19-09-18, 15:50   #526
klona
Gold Contributor

I think part of what makes these levels SEEM as 'difficult' is that people limit their thinking to basic TRLE gameplay (e.g. switches, keys, puzzle items).

As the new plugins and trng capabilities come along, the community must begin looking at these levels with an open mind! That's when we can truly enjoy it without resorting to walkthroughs or readme files to discover new moves or unexpected interactive objects.
Old 19-09-18, 19:50   #527
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Some of us would be stuck for weeks without a walkthrough to use as a last resort. Own up who has not used them

Maria Dorias Lost Treasure by SrDanielPonces
Another excellent game throwing Lara back into the dreaded Maria Doria ship, just how many cabins and decks does this ship have? its a pure nightmare, he he

I eventually found the route after spoiler below. Other highlights, lots of block pushing as expected, the atmospheric ship background track giving us the creeps, the cog turning animation (and very nice animation too, which I will not explain here). Yes, another well done game.

Spoiler (do not look if you have not played this game)......
left click and drag mouse, to read invisible writing
This must be put down as the fastest death so far, taking around 20 seconds from start of game to instant death, taking Lara round the bend and down a sink trap, it was so funny to watch it happening

Picture contains spoilers.....
https://i.imgur.com/AlK6Zhc.jpg

Last edited by The Great Chi; 20-09-18 at 14:02.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 01:33   #528
Topixtor
Student

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but can we level builders partecipate in the voting? Maybe without voting ourselves
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 06:36   #529
JMN
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Some of us would be stuck for weeks without a walkthrough to use as a last resort. Own up who has not used them
I usually do use walkthroughs, especially if I'm not in the mood for much thinking. But with this competition I wanted to explore and finish each level without spoiling anything. Yeah there were some definitive head-scratches in some levels, but after taking a break and coming back the solution was usually easily found. Enjoyed each level much more this way.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 13:50   #530
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

The Alaska Incident by Topixtor
Another excellent TR2 game, and a lot packed into such a small area. So many baddies attacking Lara, you could only admire the scenery once they were bumped off. My least favorite baddy 'the dreaded flamethrower guy' appeared in many locations and they are never easy to bump off. Although there was a real fun moment seeing an unusual way for a flamethrower baddie to die (say no more)

This is turning out to be very difficult to decide on the top three games