Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 18-10-19, 15:36   #2091
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
For me, it feels like it should have been the sequel to TR1 (I don’t care about TR2. You can skip it and nothing’s different), but TR3 isn’t without its flaws. Unforgiving traps and dragged-on sections (Madubu Gorge, Caves of Kaliya, Luds’ Gate) is what made me dislike TR3. Only London can hold a candle to TR1 in terms of something new and interesting (Exploring a city, the cult, the train scare [>.<], Sophia herself [^.^]...)

What I adore in TRC the most is that it has a consistent narrative (Lara’s presumed dead and we get to see her four never-heard-before adventures) supported with cutscenes and 2 more games (TLR, AoD)... It all felt tie together and wasn’t a chore to understand/finish (Looking at you TR2 and TR3). It was the most polished Classic, no matter what people say...
I definitely would've been fine with TR2 being replaced with TR3.

In terms of the game with the most consistent narrative, that goes to TR1 for me. It's surprising the easiest to follow. The cutscenes are very limited but they all serve a purpose and are straight to the point.

TR3's one of my favorites but it has to have the worst story out of all the classics. TR2's isn't great either, but it at least has a good ending.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-19, 20:37   #2092
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I've always liked the idea of a TR game where all the adventures are self contained. It makes sense given that Lara is inspired by old-school pulp stories. I think a TRC approach to the next reboot game would have a lot of potential.
Wow, this sounds like an awesome idea :0

Let's hope some higher-up at Square, Crystal or Eidos thinks so too!
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 14:11   #2093
Tomb Raidering

Default Unpopular Opinions (TR Anniversary Edition)

• I like the adrenaline dodge

• I find Lara quite easy to control

• The game is not buggy and unpolished

• I like the chemistry between Larson and Lara

• I like Larson being Lara’s first kill (Oops ^), and I have to say: LAU first kill > Reboot first kill.

• Anniversary Manor > Legend Manor >>> TR1 Manor

• TRA Legend attire > TRL Legend attire

• I find Anniversary Lara’s personality the perfect balance. Not too cocky nor fragile...

• I like TRA’s ending, which some people find odd bcoz: Why is Lara looking at her hand and smiling?!

• Anniversary wall-run > Shadow wall-run >>> Underworld wall-run.
If LAU Lara knew how to wall-run, why didn’t she perform it in Legend? And why does the gold grapple rings follow her around again after 10 years? (Anniversary -> Legend, Underworld = 10 years)

• I would have loved an Anniversary II-type game with Anni Lara. Maybe it would have helped me like TR2
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 14:15   #2094
Zsott

Quote:
opinios, which isn't even unpopular
how can you have opinions of TRAE, if it never even been released?

There is Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition, made by Core Desing.
There is a Tomb Raider - Anniversary, made by Crystal Dynamics.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 14:16   #2095
CroftManiac05

Quote:
• I would have loved an Anniversary II-type game with Anni Lara. Maybe it would have helped me like TR2
Then you should check out the TR2 remake demo by Nicobass. It plays a lot like Anniversary.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 14:21   #2096
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
how can you have opinions of TRAE, if it never even been released?

There is Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition, made by Core Desing.
There is a Tomb Raider - Anniversary, made by Crystal Dynamics.
Unpopular Opinions (TR Anniversary Edition), just like the threads title. I also did it with another post: Unpopular Editions (TR Chronicles Edition). And the opinions are unpopular...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
Then you should check out the TR2 remake demo by Nicobass. It plays a lot like Anniversary.
It was too Underworld-ish for my taste...

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 19-10-19 at 14:23.
Old 19-10-19, 18:10   #2097
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
• TRA Legend attire > TRL Legend attire
They're different? Never noticed. Other than the braid of course.

Speaking of braids and Legend.

I prefer Legend's braid over all other braids she's ever had, except maybe AoD's. AoD and Legend Lara also have the best fringes ever. I don't like any other Lara's "front" hair styling except I think Osiris' fringe. Not sure if any of these are unpopular opinions though.

One that is definitely an unpopular opinion though is Legend Lara's makeup. I LOVE it!
Old 19-10-19, 22:43   #2098
LateRaider
Inactive

AoD and Legend Lara remind me of Daria and Quinn Morgendorffer
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 19:43   #2099
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
They're different? Never noticed. Other than the braid of course.

Speaking of braids and Legend.

I prefer Legend's braid over all other braids she's ever had, except maybe AoD's. AoD and Legend Lara also have the best fringes ever. I don't like any other Lara's "front" hair styling except I think Osiris' fringe. Not sure if any of these are unpopular opinions though.

One that is definitely an unpopular opinion though is Legend Lara's makeup. I LOVE it!
I agree with you on both of these...

Both AoD and Legend Laras’ fringes were just OK. Not too messy or distracting, but giving her a more distinguishable look. I slightly lean towards the AoD fringe becoz it has physics...

I have no idea about why people had problems with Legend Lara’s makeup. AoD Lara had a gothic one too...
Old 20-10-19, 19:56   #2100
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
I agree with you on both of these...

Both AoD and Legend Laras’ fringes were just OK. Not too messy or distracting, but giving her a more distinguishable look. I slightly lean towards the AoD fringe becoz it has physics...

I have no idea about why people had problems with Legend Lara’s makeup. AoD Lara had a gothic one too...
I remember thinking that one strand of her of AoD Lara's hair always reminded me of a dangling noodle 😂 I think that's literally my only issue with AoD Lara's hair 😅 Legend Lara's fringe moves too by the way. In the scene where she's talking with Winston before going to Nepal at least, that's literally the only time I remember it moving lol

I think Lara gets away with her Goth mascara because it was super 2003 and also because her eyes are more "cartoons" than Legend Lara's.