Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-13, 09:11   #151
klona
Golden

I just tried TREP's Widescreen with my custom resolution 960x540, It wasn't stretched at all!
Would be great if it comes in FLEP along with camera rotation patch and underwater waves.
Old 06-02-13, 09:29   #152
Ceamonks890

@Lwmte, could you please add the 'Show HP bar in inventory' and 'Fix disappearing bubbles' features from TREP to your to-do list for FLEP? As these would help add to future TRNG custom levels just a little bit more IMO.
Old 06-02-13, 12:04   #153
TheBloodRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
@TheBloodRed: there is no difference, you can only switch wind reaction off by setting corresponding bit flag to 0.
Thank you for your response. I am happy you are on top of things like this! Shows you really have passion in this!
Old 06-02-13, 13:10   #154
Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Still doesn't cover having the lasersight permanently being attached to it like TRC.

And ofcourse all these triggergroups and flipeffects seem like a roundabout and more costing way than just applying a patch.
It can be done in TRNG changing some variables values.
I put an MP5 in Crossbow slot and forced the attached lasersight. Now I 'only' need a gunflash, flash, smoke, gunshell, bullet fragments and single ammo XD but I suppose it's impossible with TRNG and very difficult for FLEP

[IMG]http://i46.************/2ugmgdh.png[/IMG]

EDIT
@Lwmte: I managed to add the "Enable crossbow shell casing" patch using Ollydbg, it occupies the offests from 00841FC0 to 00841FD6, are these offsets free or you're using them for another patch?

Last edited by Delta; 07-02-13 at 01:50.
Old 07-02-13, 04:20   #155
Boobandie

It still says '+ lasersight'. I'm talking about the TRC method. Where the lasersight 'function' is just applied to the slot natively.

And if it could be investigated, a patch that would make lara's footstep sounds work like TR3 rather than TR4. In TR4 the sound is the constant LARA_FEET sound and if on a special tile like snow or sand then the appropriate new sound is OVERLAYED. In TR3 it REPLACED the default foot sound and was a lot better.

Last edited by Boobandie; 07-02-13 at 04:22.
Old 07-02-13, 10:14   #156
Lwmte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
I managed to add the "Enable crossbow shell casing" patch using Ollydbg, it occupies the offests from 00841FC0 to 00841FD6, are these offsets free or you're using them for another patch?
Why so far? You can place it at 815F20, for example, so it'll be close to other custom patches. I'm not developing any advanced patches for now, so you can safely use zone after my last custom patch (the one which fixes Lara binocular visibility, it's at 815ED0 to 815EF7.

Another golden rules for custom patch placement is you should place it at an offset rounded to 10 (i. e. 815ED0, but not 815ED5 or 815ED9). It's not necessary, but advisable, because it slightly optimizes CPU usage. Also, leave at least 20-byte gap between different custom patch blocks, in case you will need to extend your code to fix some bugs or add extra functionality. But I guess you already learned it from already existing custom patches placement!

I'm thnking about doing special utility which will check .flp file for patch overlaps and automatically offer free offset to place new patch, but I doubt that it will be that necessary, considering that there are not so much people currently working on FLEP patches .

And, VERY important note about TRNG interceptions overlap: TRNG injects its code at a run-time, i. e. only when you launch tomb4.exe process. Changes are not visible just after you've loaded tomb4.exe into OllyDbg, but only after you've launched tomb4.exe inside OllyDbg. But I have problems launching TRNG binary this way, cause it crashes immediately after launch; because of this, I use workaround by seperately launching tomb4.exe and OllyDbg, and then use File->Attach command in OllyDbg menu to attach to tomb4.exe process. Then it won't crash.

How to identify TRNG interceptions in tomb4.exe: it's easy if you're familiar with compiled code structures, but if you're not, it could be a bit tricky. Generally, you should watch for commands which look like this:

Code:
MOV AX,[some number]
CALL DWORD PTR DS:[4A6CA0]
TRNG uses special behaviour to jump to its code, because Tomb_NextGeneration.dll is placed at random memory address every time you launch game, so it needs relative function table to refer to; basically, MOV AX,[some number] command loads needed function's index into AX register, then, with CALL DWORD PTR DS:[4A6CA0] command, function loader is invoked, which converts TRNG function index into function address.
Also, TRNG uses some "direct" functions with other relative addresses, they look the same in the code, something like CALL DWORD PTR DS:[4A6...], followed by some NOP commands. Please note that tomb4.exe itself sometimes use CALL DWORD commands, for rendering calls, for example, but usually they refer to different memory zones (not around 4A6... offset), i. e. CALL DWORD PTR DS:[5339A4] is a native tomb4.exe function which is used for adding transparent faces to scene memory, for example.

Last edited by Lwmte; 07-02-13 at 10:35.
Old 07-02-13, 11:19   #157
disapearing-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
It can be done in TRNG changing some variables values.
I put an MP5 in Crossbow slot and forced the attached lasersight. Now I 'only' need a gunflash, flash, smoke, gunshell, bullet fragments and single ammo XD but I suppose it's impossible with TRNG and very difficult for FLEP
I've never really worked with variables... any chance your willing to share your script?

If you want single ammo, use the cust_harpoon commands and use a script to disable the drawing of the weapon underwater (or even removing the stateID in wadmerger might work).

The harpoon_commands can be safely used with the crossbow_ammo commands without any problems (I've tried it before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
It still says '+ lasersight'. I'm talking about the TRC method. Where the lasersight 'function' is just applied to the slot natively
Simply rename it in the strings file silly!!

I'm sure you've noticed that the 'separate' option has disapeared to it's a perfectly good workaround.

Until someone can do the TRC method then we'll have to work with what we got. It's certainly better than nothing, your posts seem very dismissive to people who are only trying to help....

Last edited by disapearing-boy; 07-02-13 at 11:20.
Old 07-02-13, 11:30   #158
GeckoKid

There's something that has bugged me... how the Waterfallmist completely ignores savegames and antitriggers, is there a fix for that somehow? ^^
Old 07-02-13, 11:45   #159
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post

Simply rename it in the strings file silly!!

I'm sure you've noticed that the 'separate' option has disapeared to it's a perfectly good workaround.

Until someone can do the TRC method then we'll have to work with what we got. It's certainly better than nothing, your posts seem very dismissive to people who are only trying to help....
If you rename it in the strings then it wont show when using the revolver, aswell as the fact you cannot just leave it blank. Also im betting the crossbow still shows up in the options when combining the revolver with the lasersight. Also the harpoon ammo disable only allows disabling of poison and explosive. I wish to disable normal and poison and leaving explosive (as my purpose is to turn the slot into a rocket launcher)
. Also including the option to disable normal or wideshot ammo on the shotgun and normal/super/flash grenades in whatever order you like.

I'm being dismissive to imperfect TRNG workarounds with triggers, variables and scripts as I never asked for them in the first place. I was asking if they would develop a patch for a flawless version. It's like the Lara's Home in the title, sure it worked in TRNG, but it wasnt the same or as good as the TREP version.

(on a side note the ability to choose where you want the Lara's Home line to be injected in the title would be nice, I would like it beneath load game rather than between load and new game)

Last edited by Boobandie; 07-02-13 at 11:48.
Old 07-02-13, 14:21   #160
ZIP2010

Lwmte, I wonder if a patch to change the AMBER_LIGHT color would be possible, it'd make things a lot easier, as flipeffects take some more time to do it.
Closed Thread