www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-06-18, 18:24   #21
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
He really does, I keep saying that. Idk who that was in Rise, but he looks like a older version of Jonah from TR 13.
I didn't mind his look in Rise, but he wasn't recognisable as Jonah. Plus he was underused. Glad he's back.

I know this is such a small thing but when the string music notes played when the rats appeared, it felt kinda classic.

Last edited by Rai; 12-06-18 at 18:27.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:25   #22
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Was this really necessary? I mean thread just for positivity?
If it's necessary to bash the game in every other thread on this board -- of which, a few have been explicitly created to incite negative reactions -- then yes, it is.

I must say I'm liking the more minute details we've seen in the gameplay footage. Shots with the bow sound more twangy, Lara's new assortment of grunts are more throaty like in the classics...

I also liked, in the combat reel, when she spotted a vulnerable enemy with Survival Instincts -- and she hissed under her breath, "yeah...!"

Last edited by tomblover; 12-06-18 at 18:32.
tomblover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:25   #23
biscuits
Professor

This is a nice thread. I appreciate it.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:29   #24
Portugalraider
Professor

I think you'll be disappointed with the 50 tombs stuff, the guy from "Meet the Team" said he worked on 50 different constructions for puzzles, not tombs!

That being said, that it's still a hell of a lot of stuff from just one person, I can only imagine how many tombs and puzzles and traps we'll get in this game! This is exactly the direction I wanted for this game, and I'm really glad they are following it!

Also really glad with the return of rappel and wall-running! That initial Mexico area already looked like it had some actual platform challenge, even if it is very guided (normal for a tutorial). Just makes me more excited!

And I can't stress enough how much better the art direction is now! It's not just the colour! Every area that we saw looks like it has it's own distinctive look. As much as I like RotTR, I can't say the same thing for the areas of that game with the exception of Syria.

I just like most of what we saw from this game. And thank god for a positivity thread. It's a shame we seem we can't have both sides from the argument without having one just drown the other, but I'll take what I can get. Especially considering how draining the "all or nothing" negativity from TRF works…
Old 12-06-18, 18:29   #25
Princess_Paige
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
If it's necessary to bash the game in every other thread on this board -- of which, a few have been explicitly created to incite negative reactions -- then yes, it is.

I must say I'm liking the more minute details we've seen in the gameplay footage. Shots with the bow sound more twangy, Lara's new assortment of grunts are more throaty like in the classics...

I also liked, in the combat reel, when she spotted a vulnerable enemty with Survival instincts -- and she hissed under her breath, "yeah...!"
Omg yes. All the sound of the environment actually sound so much better, the gun, the birds and bugs, the bow, when she uses rope arrows to pull doors down. Also it seems they’ve recorded all new audio for Lara while she’s traversing which is nice
Old 12-06-18, 18:35   #26
2001LC20

I LOVE the music in the background when Daniel is talking about one with the jungle! It's so good if Shadow disappoints me then i will be listening it every day while crying! Lol
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:37   #27
Princess_Paige
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
I LOVE the music in the background when Daniel is talking about one with the jungle! It's so good if Shadow disappoints me then i will be listening it every day while crying! Lol
What about that voice over cartoon part from the start of the conference? That gave me chills. I hope that’s part of the game when you start it up
Old 12-06-18, 18:42   #28
2001LC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
What about that voice over cartoon part from the start of the conference? That gave me chills. I hope that’s part of the game when you start it up
Yup i really liked it too!
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:45   #29
Princess_Paige
Professor

Taken from PC gamer !

there are llamas you can pet.”
Old 12-06-18, 18:47   #30
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

I almost forgot, when Lara covers herself in mud and her hair falls over her face, and the way she moves!!! I love this!!! So small, and simple but I love it.