www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 14-01-14, 20:05   #37091
Lukass
Tomb Raider

The mythological creatures interest me...
Old 14-01-14, 20:05   #37092
larafan25
Sage

Quite possibly visions of the demons she saw on Yamatai, or perhaps she is cursed, and there are legit, apparitions of ancient creatures freaking her out. IDK.

We'll begin to find out next month tho.
Old 14-01-14, 20:06   #37093
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
@Mikky: She's seeing ancient mythological creatures. "Ghosts of the past" is only a figure of speech.
Quote from Doctor who series 1 trailer lol

And why is there a GOTY when theres the PS4 edition
Old 14-01-14, 20:11   #37094
larafan25
Sage

So is this comic? Digital? And print? How do I get it?
Old 14-01-14, 20:13   #37095
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Hmm, maybe, who knows. Just makes it sound like it's actual ghosts when you mention it alongside something like mythological creatures.

I wonder what kind of creatures, anyway, and where they came from. And most importantly, why they're going after Lara. Spooky.
Something probably happened when she killed Himiko. Maybe some of her powers transferred to Lara without her knowing about it? And those creatures haunt her because of it? Or maybe just the mere fact that they all stepped foot on Yamatai is enough to "curse" them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I don't think it's a figure of speech in this case. However, it may not mean she's seeing ghosts in the actual sense, rather she's having nightmares/visions. I'm fine with this stuff being covered in the comics, it could mean that as the story develops, Lara will gradually come to terms with things ready to go on an adventure in TR10. To be honest, I'd be surprised if Lara didn't feel the after effects of Yamatai, experiencing guilt/doubt etc. At least in the comics.
But isn't that exactly what "ghosts of the past" as a figure of speech means . I mean, that can be what it means, anyway. The ghosts referring to bad experiences/events/acquaintances from someone's past coming back to bite you in the arse. Either directly or through guilt/trauma/nightmares/...

Last edited by Zebra; 14-01-14 at 20:17.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-14, 20:15   #37096
larafan25
Sage

That would actually be sick. If Lara is somehow permanently tainted and connected to the spirit/ supernatural world from interacting with the soul of Himiko.
Old 14-01-14, 20:16   #37097
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
So is this comic? Digital? And print? How do I get it?
You can order the print form direct from Dark Horse comics that you linked to or you can Go here, though the 3rd one isn't on that site yet. I think Dark Horse offer a digital version as well.

Last edited by Rai; 14-01-14 at 20:18.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-14, 20:18   #37098
Mikky
Legend

@Zebra Those are all possibilities, and perhaps they could work if it's all written well, but the whole idea of ghosts and curses sounds really cliché to me, so that's why I want them to stay away from that kind of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post

And why is there a GOTY when theres the PS4 edition
For people who don't have a PS4/Xbone and never played the game before. Logical.

What I don't understand is why they're advertising the standard edition of the game again for PS3/360/PC when the price shown is the same as the GOTY edition. I don't even know how many sites that the normal edition is still 29.99, but who would buy it at that price when they could get the GOTY for the same price, which is the same game but with more stuff? You'd literally have to be mad. They should at least drop the price of the standard edition or otherwise there's literally no incentive to buy it.

Square/CD, where's your head at?

Last edited by Mikky; 14-01-14 at 20:25.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-14, 20:18   #37099
larafan25
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
You can order the print form direct from Dark Horse comics that you linked to or you can Go here, though the 3rd one isn't on that site yet. I think Dark Horse offer a digital version as well.
Thanks. Though now I wonder if I should wait and just purchase the comic digitally. hmmm
Old 14-01-14, 20:23   #37100
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
What I don't understand is why they'r advertising the standard edition of the game again for PS3/360/PC when the price shown is the same as the GOTY edition. I don't even know how many sites that the normal edition is still 29.99, but who would buy it at that price when they could get the GOTY for the same price, which is the same game but with more stuff? You'd literally have to be mad. They should at least drop the price of the standard edition or otherwise there's literally no incentive to buy it.

Square/CD, where's your head at?
I think they want people to come to exactly that conclusion. Obviously, the standard edition is cheaper than 29,99 at most retailers by now and Square want people to buy their more expensive GOTY edition. So they make people believe that the old one still costs 29,99 and then show the GOTY edition for the same price with more features to make people decide to buy the GOTY edition.