Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 26-07-18, 23:24   #10021
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
3-4 years is enough to do everything! Look at Just Cause 4 they built the APEX engine from scratch and made it way better! The game also is based on South Africa and it looks obviously better than SOTTR! All done in 2-3 years.
It's not just the time issue. Both studios have huge projects they need to work on. We don't know when the Avengers game will launch. And what about Eidos' GOTG game?
Let's not forget Deus Ex either.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:28   #10022
Swiz19

Why do people expect Tomb Raider to take a long hiatus...? I mean, that would cause massive potential for the market to lose interest. Considering how TR has been successful - to the point that they released a movie with a sequel potentially on the way, going into hiding is the most stupid business decision they could make.

Besides, if the movie does end up getting a sequel, they'll likely want to release another Tomb Raider game that year to amp up the hype.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:30   #10023
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiz19 View Post
Why do people expect Tomb Raider to take a long hiatus...? I mean, that would cause massive potential for the market to lose interest. Considering how TR has been successful - to the point that they released a movie with a sequel potentially on the way, going into hiding is the most stupid business decision they could make.

Besides, if the movie does end up getting a sequel, they'll likely want to release another Tomb Raider game that year to amp up the hype.
If Shadow is successful enough and leaves people hungry for more, a hiatus shouldn’t harm anything. I do seriously think we should have a new LC game or remaster or something in the meantime though.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:30   #10024
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
It's not just the time issue. Both studios have huge projects they need to work on. We don't know when the Avengers game will launch. And what about Eidos' GOTG game?
That engine was done for the third one right? And Just Cause 3 didn't come out until 5 years after the 2nd. So this engine has been worked on for the longest. They better have perfected it with all that damn time. 😂
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:31   #10025
biscuits

Quote:

I'm basing my hiatus theory based on future projects by both EM and CD. Both studios are going to be busy with two new games. CD is still working on Avengers. They just recruited someone from Naughty Dog a few months ago. Eidos has to work on their Guardians game after Tomb Raider, not to mention they have their own IP they need to worry about. They recently confirmed that they're not done with Deus Ex.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:35   #10026
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Eidos has over 500 employees and CD is hiring new people even has just built a new studio! A long hiatus is not needed they can do and achieve WHATEVER they want in 3-4 years!

Avalanche isn't big but they are currently working on 3 AAA games.

Last edited by 2001LC20; 26-07-18 at 23:37.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:51   #10027
Princess_Paige
Golden

I wonder what day we’re getting WMW? There’s only 4 more days left of July so it must be soon
Princess_Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:53   #10028
kathrynnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
As long as it’s with this Lara, I am all for it. It will be a hard wait though
It will absolutely be a hard wait but I think it'll be worth it. I'd rather have a 4-5 year hiatus for something fresh and reinvented than waiting just 2 or 3 years for a game that's basically the same as what we have now, but with slight improvements (like how Shadow is an upgrade from Rise). In my opinion they need a long time to create something new with new ideas.
kathrynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:54   #10029
Jason101

I hope that Woman Masters Wild wasen't considered to be the Patiti video walkthrough we got, if so they should really make this clear.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:55   #10030
just*raidin*tomb

Quote:

A hiatus can help a franchise beyond belief. Just look at the swing Tomb Raider had back in 2012 when the game was unveiled for the first time. It was first time in a decade that the gaming industry was so focused on Tomb Raider.

If a franchise doesn't take time to innovate and change it will not survive.

That is unless of course if you have the funding of Ubisoft behind you. Then you can create a mediocre AC game every year and still have marketing power to make it look amazing.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote