www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 23-11-19, 05:15   #691
LawRaider911
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
A former friend of mine used to go around saying that the guy who played Chandler in Friends was dead, while conveniently ignoring the fact that Chandler was in every episode of Friends.

A few years back i was watching the news and there was a report on some guy who had murdered his wife, the news reporter said that their fingerprints were found in the house that they lived in, what an odd thing to say.
Thanks for the laugh lol
LawRaider911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-19, 22:43   #692
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

More Scrooge's have started crawling out of the woodwork to moan and complain about Christmas.

An article I read in the Irish Independent a couple of days ago suggested that The Toy Show should be permanently put back in its toy chest because it's now irrelevant because of how easily people can view toys on smartphones.

It's not just about the toys, it's also about the musical and dance performances and you get to see the toys in action when the children play with them, you won't really get that from looking at something on a smartphone.

The Toy Show should be kept and not got rid of because one person thinks it should be scrapped permanently, there's nothing wrong with escapism from the real world for a few hours, The Toy Show won't be scrapped anytime soon as it's the most watched programme every year in Ireland plus it's been around for a long time since 1975 so it won't be going anywhere in the near future.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-19, 12:44   #693
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Bump

A few days ago I saw a video on the website of my local paper that showed a cyclist challenging someone who had parked their car in a cycle lane, they said I don't give a when the cyclist said I could have been killed because I had to pull out into traffic because of where you parked your car, the person in the car had an It's not my fault attitude, while that was dumb it wasn't the only dumb thing that was said.

In this morning's local paper they printed two of the comments from the article on their website the second comment is the dumb one and goes as follows, it's a bit silly to do this but people should be more cautious, everyone needs to try a bit more cyclists and drivers. Can't we all unite against the real enemy PEDESTRIANS.

Pedestrians are not the problem, cyclists are a part of the problem they frequently cycle on the footpaths instead of on the road though I can't blame them for doing so with all the massive trucks and buses taking up most of the road, cyclists should only use the footpaths when there is hardly anyone on them otherwise they should stick to the road when possible.

I have seen videos on Sky News of cyclists being knocked off their bikes by drivers who then say that cyclists don't belong on the road, so I can't blame cyclists for using footpaths to avoid being knocked off their bikes.

Back when I used to use my bike there was one very busy intersection with traffic coming from four different directions, I decided not to risk crossing while traffic was coming from each direction and instead waited for the green man to come on before I could cross the road.

I frequently see it mentioned in the news that we should use our bikes more do that we can get more exercise easier said than done, it would be easier to do so if it weren't so difficult to actually use a bike on the road it's safer to just not use my bike,I just use public transport instead or just walk to wherever I need to go.
Old 18-12-19, 13:35   #694
Rai

Cyclists can't catch a break really. The roads can be too dangerous, some drivers pay little attention to them, often driving partially in a bike lane. Then of course pedestrians complain if they cycle on the pavement. It can be annoying as a pedestrian to have to move out of the way for a cyclist, especially when there is a bike lane. I'm more understanding when kids cycle on the pavement. There should be more cyclists for heath benefits and it's better for the environment.
Old 19-12-19, 10:06   #695
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

Friendly reminder that writing essays or stories as convoluted as possible doesn't make your piece of paper better or makes you sound more clever. I just read an essay for a group presentation that said (in Spanish): '...the indigo, feeble Sun...'.

Like, do you even know what does this mean?? Have you ever seen the Sun?? Because as far as I know it's never been indigo. Besides, he was describing a cemetery for a historical patrimony project, why are you even talking about the Sun?

I hate when people say things as complex as they can in order to sound like they are cultured and learned. It's like you don't want to tell a story or to inform your reader, you just want to show off. A well-learned writer who wants to write formally would know when and how to use each word. Jeez.

Oh and don't try to tell them or you'll be the uncultured one who's not blessed enough to understand their wits and their power with the written word.
Old 11-01-20, 13:51   #696
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I read in this morning's newspaper about a guy who joined a five a side football team for fun and found some ridiculous rules in the 14 page rulebook he was given.

The rules include a 32 week ban for failing to reply to a WhatsApp message on the day it's sent, a 3 week ban for overly competitive play, not wearing a hat or scarf during a team talk will also result in a 3 week ban.

I wonder how long a ban someone would get for sneezing or having to use the bathroom or having to miss a game for a family event like a funeral or the wife giving birth or missing a game because of something unexpected like being in a car crash.
Old 30-01-20, 13:07   #697
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Bump

I saw it in this morning's newspaper that an American televangelist is blaming transgender children for the coronavirus and for some reason thinks that the filth and immorality in American movies and TV shows are the causes of what he claims is a divine plague.

In the same paper I read that the head of the Chartered Management Institute Ann Francke has claimed that football chats at work are a disgrace and it is exclusionary towards female colleagues because apparently women don't like football as it's too confusing for them what with the offside rule and the introduction of VAR.

Apparently such conversations are a gateway to more laddish behaviour.

Some people have way too much time on their hands to complain about something that isn't that big of a deal if they think that guys talking about football is exclusionary to women.
Old 30-01-20, 13:13   #698
Tomb Raidering
Professor

“You’re trolling!” ~ “You love drama!”
Old 30-01-20, 16:40   #699
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

yOu cAme hEre tO sTir tHe pOt - a trf anthem
Old 30-01-20, 16:47   #700
b.gluch
Relic Hunter

"y'all the reason I got banned a few days ago."

Serving "she was asking for it with those clothes" mentality.