www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 17-09-20, 07:47   #24661
TR FAN 18
Professor

Great to see FF16 is also on PC. I was never going to buy a PS5 on release.
Old 17-09-20, 09:51   #24662
rewak
Professor

PC is kind of murky now, they removed mention of a PC release from the trailer after the stream and SE are saying they aren't confirming anything beyond a PS5 release. The new trailer also says it's a timed exclusive for PS5 just like FF7R so it might even be coming to other consoles too.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 23:42   #24663
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

Default SPOILERS AHEAD - Final Fantasy Remake Part II Rumours

A bunch of rumours appear to have been leaked to a Final Fantasy YouTuber, The Night Sky Prince, by an American VA who claims to be close to a brand manager and someone in localization for Final Fantasy.

In case you don't want to watch the entire video I'll sum everything up.

WARNING: spoilers ahead

-The ending of Part I of the remake is the way it is because they always considered the possibility of it flopping completely and not being able to continue the Remake series. More was obviously planned but they made that ending as a safeguard so that Remake Part I could still stand as a complete product with fans being able to interpret the meaning of it all as they saw fit.

-No more Whispers. They were simply there in Part I to justify all the deviations from the original's plot. Destiny is not a recurring theme throughout the entire Remake series.

-There are no multiple timelines or a multiverse. Destiny simply served as meta text representing fans' expectation on what should happen. Now that destiny has been defeated and there are no constrictions set in place, the second part of the remake will focus on how the world has changed after destiny's defeat.

-There's no time travelling

-They don't want to bring in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII in this because they mostly hate it themselves and are only keeping what they think works in the Remake.

-Crisis Core is completeley thrown out the window and only some of its ideas will be retained and reformed for the Remake.

-Genesis is also out due to copyright issues as he's based off of Gackht.

-Like in Part I, Part II will also feature events from the original game without drastically changing the original's story but the order in which said events occur will be changed.

-Part II will be set entirely on one landmass and it's not open world.

-Everybody gets new outfits! Cloud gets a scarf, Barret gets a duster coat, Tifa gets a denim jacket and Aerith gets bell bottoms! They will also be wearing various other outfits that will be only for specific chapters and will vary depending on the weather or the events that transpire. We will also be able to have each individual character wear their "classic" outfits. Parts of the new outfits will be designed by fashion designers and will be available for purchase in real-life!

-There's a lot of Yuffie in Part II. She will be a recurring mini boss and she and Roche also hate each other. We get to recruit her after the Wutai chapter which is also further expanded.

-Barret is mad at Yuffie joining because her being from Wutai and joining Avalanche legitimizes Shinra's claims that they are working alongside "Wutai terrorists" and that creates a lot of drama in the group.

-Cait Sith will be available as an extension to Red XIII and they will be playable as a duo. His role is also heavily changed and this time around he helps the crew by leaking them information about Shinra instead of him leaking the crew's plans to Shinra as in the original.

-Vincent is not playable.

-Cid will be essentially replacing Chadley and he's also and NPC.

-Everything is different gameplay-wise. Leveling up, upgrading weapons, weapon abilities, ATB, materia leveling up are all different. Things also get more complicated with characters having more commands available like stance changes and teammates can be set on offense, defense or support.

-Part I was supposed to have 24 chapters but a lot of it was cut and were planned to be saved for a third part (if they would ever make one) Part I didn't do as well as they had hoped so Part II will probably be the last one so more stuff wil be cut and compressed and the leftover stuff from Part I will be incorporated into Part II. Part II as a result will be longer and marketed as the grand finale.

-The team is happy that the game was generally well-received but they're sad that it didn't outsell XV's launch. Higher-ups and shareholders are mad because after the mess that was XV's development they thought VII Remake would be their easy money in the bag. To try and make it more profitable they're gonna be doing special editions and rereleases for next gen as well as selling as many merch and collectibles as they can.

-They're doing another movie in the VII Remake universe which is a seperate canon from the original VII and the Compilation.

-The game is coming in Q1 2022.

Now, obviously, take everything with a huge grain of salt, but what do you think?

Assuming all of this is true I'm sad that they'll be cutting stuff out and that Part I didn't go as they had hoped but, more importantly, that there won't be a Part III after all and that we won't actually get to play as Vincent, Cid or Cait Sith as an individual entity.

On the bright side, no time travelling, no mutliverse and new clothes!

Last edited by LNSNHGTDS; 22-09-20 at 23:50.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 23:57   #24664
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

I'm not that much aware of Final Fantasy current state, but I'm shock to learn that FF7 Remake were not successful enough for them.
... Well if this is really the case.

Or shouldn't be surprised after their reaction to TR 2013 performance back in the time.
Old 23-09-20, 00:13   #24665
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

FAKE. FF7Remake hasn't even got out in other platforms, they will not make that decision. FF7R is a big Project, not a single game.
Old 23-09-20, 00:30   #24666
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

New clothes!?

As stupid as this sounds, FFVII Remake should have had multiple outfits (besides those of Chapter 9, of course). I hope these new clothes are additions and not replacements, of course.

I wouldn't be mad if those rumors were accurate. I never liked the original to begin with, so I'll take whatever I'm given as long as it's just as fun to play as Part 1.

I'll also say that not having a Part 3 would be quite weird. But then there is FFXIII, that proved there wasn't much effort put in its third entry, so it might be better to stop at 2.
Old 04-10-20, 21:36   #24667
Tsarina
Historian

In case no one knows, if you contact Sony Live you can ask them for Final Fantasy VII Remake Avatar vouchers. There are certain ones for completing chapters and platinuming the game. Just got my avatars!
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 00:02   #24668
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
In case no one knows, if you contact Sony Live you can ask them for Final Fantasy VII Remake Avatar vouchers. There are certain ones for completing chapters and platinuming the game. Just got my avatars!
I have no idea what that even means. Can you please explain?
Old 05-10-20, 15:43   #24669
Tsarina
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
I have no idea what that even means. Can you please explain?
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/...vatars-reward/
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 23:49   #24670
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Now I understand. Thank you for this.

Sadly now I feel left out as I still can't play the game.