Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-12-19, 21:01   #1
TR800

Default Which mod for Tomb Raider 60FPS?

Hello,

I normally play Tomb Raider on the PSX Android emulator in 60fps no problem, but were having trouble on which mod is the best for the PC Steam version?

There's so many mods yet most of them mention only 30fps?

Up to now I have Openlara and Opentomb but were having trouble installing them and also would these mods be compatible with Ai upscaled textures and other mods?

Also Im trying to find an Ai upscaled mod for Tomb Raider and I have found a post with the best screenshot I have ever seen but the link to the mod is dead? Does anyone know where I can get this mod from? Link here.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...9&postcount=20

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm lost on how to install Tomb Raider.
TR800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 00:15   #2
mizuno_suisei

Hey! I've unlocked the FPS cap to 60fps in TR234 and 5..but not TR1. I cant find the values to change if they exist at all
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 08:40   #3
tomblover

Can someone explain to me what the point is of running the classics at 60FPS at all - when all of the animations, to my knowledge, are made for 30FPS, meaning unlocking the framerate wouldn't make much of a difference for the visuals? I don't really get it.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 09:17   #4
mizuno_suisei

You make a valid point, but you do realise everything that isn't animation based IS 60fps in the engine. Flickering lights, effects and camera pans. When then recorded at 60fps and uploaded to YouTube and watched on mobile or a smart TV (60HZ), the difference is very notable.

I feel like the animation chains are designed to link anyway , no matter the engines fps, hence why it doesnt just look like duplicated frames.
Old 16-03-20, 09:21   #5
mizuno_suisei

I posted a test video of TR5 the other day after I found its (numerous) fps settings thanks to an old TREP patch.

played at 720p60 or 1080p60 on my Galaxy Note 8 - its gorgeously smooth.
Old 16-03-20, 11:11   #6
Tomb Raidering

^
How did you play the PC version of Chronicles on your mobile phone? I need to know...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 20:48   #7
mizuno_suisei

I havent. This is a recording
Old 17-03-20, 03:35   #8
Kapu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I posted a test video of TR5 the other day after I found its (numerous) fps settings thanks to an old TREP patch.

[YOUTUBE]ZAHT9X34CUc[/YOUTUBE ]

played at 720p60 or 1080p60 on my Galaxy Note 8 - its gorgeously smooth.
DANG! That's awesome! It's a bit hard to see the difference in this video, but you really notice it watching the TRIII cutscenes you shared.

Ok I have to ask. What are the odds of reversing this back into a working TREP patch?? I'm hesitant to ask but I MUST KNOW.

Also, AWESOME WORK!
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-20, 22:23   #9
mizuno_suisei

Hey! As far as my knowledge goes I've no idea how to make a portable patch for this - theres literally two offsets needing changing to enable 60fps. TREP is incompatible with any exe besides TRLE.

I wont be making a thread or entended info about it considering the community for some reason rolls their eyes at this even though there is a significant visual difference.. a big case of not willing to try something new.

"The classics cant run at 60fps" derp yes yes they can I'm not even a programmer and I managed to find it hah
Old 19-03-20, 03:51   #10
Kapu

Know that my eyes were not rolling, they were popping out of my head in awe!!

Does everything else work ok at 60fps? That old hacky TREP patch wasn't very usable because all the menus ran too fast. Couldn't select anything properly. You probably know what I mean.

Frankly I've always preferred to play the classics on PS but this has really got me turning my head. Again, bravo!
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote