Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 18-06-21, 21:24   #21
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
There is going to be a lot of mental gymnastics, especially when it comes to tying in with Shadow. The comics follow much better with these theories. I personally created a short word doc with all these mental gymnastics written out. Sadly most people here didn't care about my posts.
Is it possible to see it ?
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-21, 00:43   #22
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Is it possible to see it ?
No problem.

Theories:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Timeline:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

These documents were created awhile back. I put it as view only, but anyone can message me to chat about it. As I'm a big of the reboot Tomb Raider. I see the reboots, as almost Phase One Marvel films.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-21, 10:56   #23
Grizzly Bear

This arc is worst out of all comics, the other ones are so much better!
The return to Yamatai was so unnecessary and lame...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 14:20   #24
ELIMTBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
There is going to be a lot of mental gymnastics, especially when it comes to tying in with Shadow. The comics follow much better with these theories. I personally created a short word doc with all these mental gymnastics written out. Sadly most people here didn't care about my posts.
OK, I'm not up to Shadow yet. I'll start mentally stretching to get ready for all the mental gymnastics I'll be doing!

Maybe this is just part of the territory when you have multiple writers across multiple forms of media working on the lore. Especially in a franchise where the lore isn't key to its success.

I like the Matt = Danny idea and it would definitely tie the two stories together. But it still leaves plenty of mental somersaulting to do.

If might be best to consider the two separate. There are other loose ends too, like Lara seeming not to know who Trinity are in the comics and in Rise, despite having a run-in with them in TTTI. Unless Danny used some kind of delayed action memory loss hypnosis on here too (but them we're in "It was all a dream" kind of territory!).
ELIMTBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 14:21   #25
ELIMTBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
This arc is worst out of all comics, the other ones are so much better!
The return to Yamatai was so unnecessary and lame...
Yeah totally agree... maybe one day go back to Yamatai, but let it breathe a bit first...
Old 21-06-21, 15:05   #26
Rai

This thread inspired me to do a re-read, and omg, I'd forgotten how bad it was. There are some decent ideas in there, like Lara and Co having bad dreams and hallucinations etc, even having it tied to artefacts. But then they did a cult who worshipped Matthias but not Himiko apparently, while simultaneously wanting her to be resurrected...? Going back to Yamatai was just a bad idea. I'd totally forgotten about Danny. How had I not twigged before that the cult shouldn't even know who Matthias and the Solarii were? There was a prophecy, apparently, so it must have been very specific.

I'm gonna read the rest of the comics. It is time I did a complete re-read, it's gonna be fun going through them.

Last edited by Rai; 21-06-21 at 15:08.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 19:22   #27
ELIMTBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
But then they did a cult who worshipped Matthias but not Himiko apparently, while simultaneously wanting her to be resurrected...?
Yeh it's weird. They are clearly a powerful and well-resourced group, being able to shoot up a pub in Ireland without concern about the consequences. Yet they worship a bunch of people who are stranded on an island? Because...?

Quote:
How had I not twigged before that the cult shouldn't even know who Matthias and the Solarii were? There was a prophecy, apparently, so it must have been very specific.
Haha! Indeed the concept of this cult makes Yamatai as a concept far less compelling. It's much more interesting as this hidden island that's been sucking people in but letting no one out for perhaps hundreds of years.

Quote:
I'm gonna read the rest of the comics. It is time I did a complete re-read, it's gonna be fun going through them.
Do it, and play the games along the way! I'm really enjoying Rise so far.
Old 21-06-21, 20:41   #28
Rai

Getting to play the games is a bit difficult as my son hogs the console .
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 21:02   #29
ELIMTBF

Might be time to get another one then. Console I mean, not son.