Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 04-01-19, 05:28   #561
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniLucca View Post
Lara's Home will be done after I finish the India Levels!
YES!
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 06:35   #562
TRJTA

Wow that video looks amazing!
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 08:22   #563
CheshireBitch

It's looking really good ! I agree it's a bit weird to see TR3 with HD texture but at least those new textures looks really natural compared to TR1/2 HD textures on IOS !

I also agree that with HD textures it's more obvious they are weirdly placed sometimes but it's something we still can see without the HD textures so no problem imo.

About the colors, I kinda miss the orange-ish colors but as you said it's a lot more balanced with the colors you choosed and it's less aggresive to the eyes. So it's a good point after all.

The only thing that really bothers me (and it's not your fault I don't think you can change that in the game) is that Core didn't create a "blank" wall texture. They just took a piece of the 4 parts elephant texture and mirrored it, it looks so weird... They could have erase one rock or mud texture to place this one tbh...

anyway this game has serious graphical flaws but it was rushed and it's still a great game. You're doing an amazing work and as I said, can't wait to see more !

Congratulations on your hard work !
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 15:56   #564
GiovanniLucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
It's looking really good ! I agree it's a bit weird to see TR3 with HD texture but at least those new textures looks really natural compared to TR1/2 HD textures on IOS !

I also agree that with HD textures it's more obvious they are weirdly placed sometimes but it's something we still can see without the HD textures so no problem imo.

About the colors, I kinda miss the orange-ish colors but as you said it's a lot more balanced with the colors you choosed and it's less aggresive to the eyes. So it's a good point after all.

The only thing that really bothers me (and it's not your fault I don't think you can change that in the game) is that Core didn't create a "blank" wall texture. They just took a piece of the 4 parts elephant texture and mirrored it, it looks so weird... They could have erase one rock or mud texture to place this one tbh...

anyway this game has serious graphical flaws but it was rushed and it's still a great game. You're doing an amazing work and as I said, can't wait to see more !

Congratulations on your hard work !
Thank you so much!

Yeah! that elephant texture is giving me some problems... I really don't understand why they don't used a separate texture for the floor and walls. They could optimize it better... But... I have some limitations to deal with... this is expected from a game that is 20 years old!
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 16:08   #565
mind

Quote:
Screenshots is not the ideal way to see how the progress is going...
So I made this little video preview to show more of the Jungle Level in the Remaster...

• It is still work in progress!
• Lara is not done yet!

Hoe you like it!

There is a lot of texture shimmering. Do you use negative LOD on your graphic card?
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 22:57   #566
JOHN30011887

wish tomb raider 1 and 2 got this special treatment, i never cared for the ios textures on them
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 00:09   #567
GiovanniLucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind View Post
There is a lot of texture shimmering. Do you use negative LOD on your graphic card?
No. All the default settings... I believe it is an issue with the anisotropic filter from the patch... I'll check that!
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 17:49   #568
norabrave

Really amazing project. Love so much TR3! Good luck, can't wait for more news!
norabrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 15:02   #569
Legends

GiovanniLucca. Omg it looks so good. Really amazing work. I'm dying to play this! ...just as soon as I get Peixoto's patch to work properly.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 16:53   #570
Caesum

Quote:
No. All the default settings... I believe it is an issue with the anisotropic filter from the patch... I'll check that!
It's the engine issue I'm afraid. If you play TRLE or Dxtre3d games with high resolution textures you can see the same result.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote