redfox45
Professor

Hmm...amazonian Lara Croft...

I'm kinda feelin' the idea.
Old 09-06-21, 14:06   #32
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

This is a personal taste issue imo.

And for me, my taste is - I think Lara should be toned, as I would expect that in anyone undertaking some of the activities she does, but I don't want her beefy with ginormous muscles.

Lean and toned and is my preference.

Same with scars. Yes, she may acquire some on her journeys, but I don't want a bunch of extremely disfiguring scars, I don't think they're necessary.

I know there's a lot of you on here who want really muscly Lara but I don't and that's why I'm posting this, not to argue with you, you're entitled to your own opinions and taste, but on the off chance the developers read this - I do not want a huge hulkingly muscly Lara. I don't want them to think it's "Yay, more muscles" across the entire board.

And I agree with dg1995, she is too tiny in the current games. I say that as someone who is apparently her height in real life!

Last edited by Blackmoor; 09-06-21 at 14:07.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 15:10   #33
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
This is a personal taste issue imo.

And for me, my taste is - I think Lara should be toned, as I would expect that in anyone undertaking some of the activities she does, but I don't want her beefy with ginormous muscles.

Lean and toned and is my preference.

Same with scars. Yes, she may acquire some on her journeys, but I don't want a bunch of extremely disfiguring scars, I don't think they're necessary.

I know there's a lot of you on here who want really muscly Lara but I don't and that's why I'm posting this, not to argue with you, you're entitled to your own opinions and taste, but on the off chance the developers read this - I do not want a huge hulkingly muscly Lara. I don't want them to think it's "Yay, more muscles" across the entire board.

And I agree with dg1995, she is too tiny in the current games. I say that as someone who is apparently her height in real life!
I totally agree with you.

I'm all for a toned, athletic body, but I wouldn't want Lara to look too muscly. I'm of the minority that was actually pleased by the muscle change in Shadow. I think the system they implemented to simulate the muscles flexing only when actually using them was pretty cool. Prior to release, I though the muscles looked too much, particularly in scenes where she was clearly in a relaxed position, yet her muscles still looked flexed.

As for the scars, I'm not really interested in them. Maybe a couple of subtle scars from past injuries but definitely nothing too extreme.

But yeah, making Lara taller is definitely a must imo! She needs that tall and leggy amazonian look she used to have. And please give her better posture!

Oh, and about that injuries system, I'm with Portugalraider. It seems to me it would end up hindering the gameplay, and I wouldn't want that.
Old 09-06-21, 16:08   #34
Rai

I agree with Blackmoor. I think lean, toned and athletic is best for Lara. Shadow did well with this, I think. I wouldn't want her to be more muscly than that.

I like that Lara had visible wounds in TR'13 and that the scars carried over into Rise and Shadow. I expect those particular scars to be gone in the next game, they were very faint in Shadow, but I would like the visible wound/scars to continue. Nothing too drastic as she's fully trained up and I expect to see a level of professionalism and more grace in the next game. But that doesn't mean she won't make the odd false move or mistake and get injured. I wouldn't want gameplay to be effected by her injuries though. No more than say, the scene leading to the helicopter where she can't climb as well and she winces and the screen goes blurry, so you have to find an alternative route. That was fine and it didn't last long.

While I don't mind Lara being 5 foot 6 (my height), she looked quite tiny compared to all other characters, so maybe they can claim she had a late growth spurt .
Old 09-06-21, 16:42   #35
PinoCroft
Hobbyist

I think something like Nadine from the lost legacy has the perfect physique for Lara
PinoCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 18:47   #36
PallasAthene
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoCroft View Post
I think something like Nadine from the lost legacy has the perfect physique for Lara
I think Lara would be a bit curvier than Nadine, but I do think Nadine’s level of muscle is about right for a character model design for Lara. She’s strong and athletic-looking but not Abby-level muscular.
Old 10-06-21, 19:07   #37
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthene View Post
I think Lara would be a bit curvier than Nadine, but I do think Nadine’s level of muscle is about right for a character model design for Lara. She’s strong and athletic-looking but not Abby-level muscular.
Yes, that's the way I see it, too
Old 10-06-21, 19:10   #38
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Nadine has nice toned muscles but she’s not that curvy. Lara would be more curvier.
Old 10-06-21, 20:12   #39
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Nadine's a touch too muscly for me, Chloe is the kind of figure I'd go with for Lara.

And I thought the Lara we got in Shadow was right kind of toned too.
Old 10-06-21, 21:13   #40
Dennis's Mom

Not important, but I think Lara's physical appearance should reflect what she can do. She should look . . . capable. Look at any number of the female Ninja Warrior competitors to see what women who do what Lara does look like.

As for scars, on the surface they make sense, but I also feels part of Lara's larger than life persona is a charmed existence.