www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-02-21, 15:22   #11
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist
 
CheshireBitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,620
Default

It's very good news and also very pleasant to hear they want to preserve the TRU DLC by bringing them to PC. I hope they could do it !

Also archiving and restoring presskit and alpha builds is wonderfull news too !
The TR presskit were very creative back in the 90's so I hope she will manage to do that.
(The one for TR5 and the one for AOD are awesome)
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 15:42   #12
LateRaider
Professor
 
LateRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ship Pierrson
Posts: 3,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Could someone please provide a link to the stream and a time stamp for the moment when this was said? Because I can imagine that they just said "That's something that we really want to do" and not "We're certainly doing this!"
yeah this. i think in the end it's going to mean "we wanted to but we couldn't, oh well, sorry"
__________________
"Come, let's get off this roof, and... I will buy you a milkshake."
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 19:17   #13
Gian Carlo
Professor
 
Gian Carlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Could someone please provide a link to the stream and a time stamp for the moment when this was said? Because I can imagine that they just said "That's something that we really want to do" and not "We're certainly doing this!"
The title clearly says that they’re TRYING to.
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 20:53   #14
tomblover
Legend
 
tomblover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 25,461
Default

What Meagan said was essentially that they forward people's requests (for the DLC, and for TLA as well I'd imagine) to their legal department, but it seems that the executive decision lies in Microsoft's hands, as the contractual obligation looks like it still applies.

I mean, if the contract had a time limit on it, CD would've already made the DLC available for everyone by now, don't you think?

I personally doubt they're going to buy out the contract, if that is what's holding them back.

The demand for these DLCs is small enough that there's no way they'd be able to turn a profit from it, or even be bothered to put people to task when there are so many more lucrative options. It's a 13-year-old game.
__________________
I'm your vulgar darling in the swimmin' pool.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 22:58   #15
frodrigues
Archaeologist
 
frodrigues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
The title clearly says that they’re TRYING to.
Thank you! I had to read my post 3 times to check if somehow I didn’t make it clear that they are not doing anything other than seeing if it’s possible

Glad to see a fellow brazilian got it
frodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 15:59   #16
LateRaider
Professor
 
LateRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ship Pierrson
Posts: 3,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
What Meagan said was essentially that they forward people's requests (for the DLC, and for TLA as well I'd imagine) to their legal department, but it seems that the executive decision lies in Microsoft's hands, as the contractual obligation looks like it still applies.

I mean, if the contract had a time limit on it, CD would've already made the DLC available for everyone by now, don't you think?

I personally doubt they're going to buy out the contract, if that is what's holding them back.

The demand for these DLCs is small enough that there's no way they'd be able to turn a profit from it, or even be bothered to put people to task when there are so many more lucrative options. It's a 13-year-old game.
thank you for being the only ****ing person to tell the truth
__________________
"Come, let's get off this roof, and... I will buy you a milkshake."
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 16:15   #17
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Wooxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
The title clearly says that they’re TRYING to.
That's already one step further than "We want to do this." Plus TR fans are prone to misinterpreting stuff like this. Not necessarily the OP, but probably some of the people that already replied in here. Also I just want to know the exact wording, and the safest way to get this is to watch the original statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
What Meagan said was essentially that they forward people's requests (for the DLC, and for TLA as well I'd imagine) to their legal department, but it seems that the executive decision lies in Microsoft's hands, as the contractual obligation looks like it still applies.

I mean, if the contract had a time limit on it, CD would've already made the DLC available for everyone by now, don't you think?

I personally doubt they're going to buy out the contract, if that is what's holding them back.

The demand for these DLCs is small enough that there's no way they'd be able to turn a profit from it, or even be bothered to put people to task when there are so many more lucrative options. It's a 13-year-old game.
Thank you! This is already more information than what anyone else has given in this thread. Them forwarding these requests isn't really the same as Crystal actively trying to port the DLCs.
__________________
Is joke! Or is?
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 17:16   #18
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider
 
Blackmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the woods at night (female)
Posts: 13,813
Default

^I haven't watched it but I think the stream is on Crystal's Twitch site.

https://www.twitch.tv/crystaldynamics
__________________
Whispers to the Old Moon ◉
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 18:43   #19
tomblover
Legend
 
tomblover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 25,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Thank you! This is already more information than what anyone else has given in this thread. Them forwarding these requests isn't really the same as Crystal actively trying to port the DLCs.
I've no doubt that they would port the DLCs, but not a second before Microsoft gives them the go-ahead to do so. Which isn't all that likely, unfortunately, because it's not a profitable venture.

Anything CD does with the DLC will be on Microsoft's behalf, ultimately, and at their behest.

I think the chance we have of seeing TLA re-released is significantly bigger, and what we should be focusing on thus (in terms of sending in requests and generally pushing for it, I mean), but that's just my two cents.

It was made by the San Francisco branch of Eidos, which means that SE probably are within their rights to re-release it, there's just the matter of them digging up old paperwork to reconfirm the legal details of it.
__________________
I'm your vulgar darling in the swimmin' pool.

Last edited by tomblover; 28-02-21 at 18:46.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 13:15   #20
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Wooxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
^I haven't watched it but I think the stream is on Crystal's Twitch site.

https://www.twitch.tv/crystaldynamics
It's not. There's only two short streams, one that opened the whole thing and one that ended it and the rest is fragmented over several other Twitch channels. Besides, the whole thing is several hours long and I surely won't watch such a long stream for just one small information, especially since others know exactly when that piece of information was given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I've no doubt that they would port the DLCs, but not a second before Microsoft gives them the go-ahead to do so. Which isn't all that likely, unfortunately, because it's not a profitable venture.

Anything CD does with the DLC will be on Microsoft's behalf, ultimately, and at their behest.
I don't doubt that they would port the DLCs, but it's kinda frustrating that so many times a bunch of TR fans misinterpred things that have been said by people from CD or SE or even things that have been leaked (purposefully or not) or figured out otherwise and that gets blown up to a point where a majority of fans believes this to be true and definitive (T.R.U.E. anyone?). And then everyone is disappointed when that thing doesn't happen, even though no one from any official source ever said that it'll definitely happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I think the chance we have of seeing TLA re-released is significantly bigger, and what we should be focusing on thus (in terms of sending in requests and generally pushing for it, I mean), but that's just my two cents.

It was made by the San Francisco branch of Eidos, which means that SE probably are within their rights to re-release it, there's just the matter of them digging up old paperwork to reconfirm the legal details of it.
They probably have the full rights of TLA anyway. My guess is that it never has been released digitally is because there wasn't a huge audience for it. A lot of people don't even seem to know that the classic expansion packs exist.
__________________
Is joke! Or is?

Last edited by Wooxman; 01-03-21 at 13:17.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.