Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 22-03-21, 19:54   #1
UroshUchiha

Default Trail Raider

I've been going through the fandom wiki page, specifically the games category to remind myself of all the odd little tid bits that happened through the history of the franchise and maybe discover some stuff that I never heard about.

Which brought me to this: https://tombraider.fandom.com/wiki/Trail_Raider

With Flash being dead this game apparently is now endangered of being forever lost, if it already isn't lost.
I couldn't find any archive version of it saved anywhere. No .swf file that can be used with the various Flash Emulation projects going on.

Does anyone have any info about this or has it backed up somewhere for preservation?

Same thing with this, seems to be lost to time as well: https://tombraider.fandom.com/wiki/L...over_Challenge

I managed to extract and submit for preservation these two before they are gone as well:
https://tombraider.fandom.com/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(Flash)
https://tombraider.fandom.com/wiki/T...scape_The_Tomb

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 22-03-21 at 19:55.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 21:16   #2
CheshireBitch

I never get the chance to play the larazade game but I remember the jeep game with Legend Lara. I remember it being fun but not much more.
There was severals flash games at the time, don't remember if they were all official or not.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-21, 23:55   #3
UroshUchiha

Found the two I was looking for. And a bunch more actually thanks to a member of the community who saw this post and contacted me privately.

They sent me a lovely archive of, mostly, Flash-related Tomb Raider games which I have never seen before nor are they documented on the fandom wiki page. Most are probably fan-made projects but still fun to see.

I'll sit down, properly go through these, sort them out and submit them all to Flashpoint for preservation.
Old 23-03-21, 13:53   #4
Laralicious

Thumbs up

I look forward to seeing these when you release them. I'm wondering what else you've been given also as I am very keen on preserving and finding history. I wrote a blog post back in Jan 2020, creating a list of things that were currently lost so if you do indeed have a playable version of Trail Raider, I could cross that one off my list!

That post is here if you're interested in seeing what else I've put on the list. I haven't yet added the 3rd movie game but I see that I will have to at some point.

Did you also know that Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life also had a Jeep flash game? It's called ‘Jeep 4x4 The Trail of Life’.

And for anyone else who is interested, you can download (for free) a standalone 'Flash player'. One is called Ruffle Nightly and the other, which I prefer is called Adobe Flash Player 32. I've managed to download some cool things but I'm in the process of creating a TR website to put a lot of this on to.
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 15:58   #5
UroshUchiha

When it comes to browser-based games (mostly Flash player) this is so far what I've extracted and/or got from people in the community.

Official:
1. Lara's Land Rover Challenge [2001]
2. Load it Like Lara [2003]
3. Tomb Raider (Flash) [2003]
4. Trail Raider [2006]
5. Tomb Raider - Escape The Tomb [2018]

Fanmade:
1. Dress up Lara Croft [2008]
2. Lara Caza Aventura [A Spanish game made in Macromedia Flash 7, can't find any info on it]
3. Curse of Osiris [2006]
4. Tomb Raider Onslaught [2005]

#3 and #4 came from the Croftstorm.net website (https://web.archive.org/web/20070206....net/flash.php). There's a bunch of other fan made games listed on the archive but I haven't found a way to acquire them.

I was also given a modified Solitaire game with Tomb Raider imagery. And a game called "The Lost Realms" which is a game made with The Games Factory software.

So far I've sorted out all 5 official ones and Dress up Lara Croft and submitted them to Flashpoint for preservation. It'll take a little while for the admins there to reach these submissions, but they'll be added in time.

EDIT:
I also extracted those three slot games as well, Tomb Raider (Slots) [2004], Tomb Raider Secret of the Sword [2008] and Lara Croft Temples and Tombs [2019].
But those are not easily playable in offline mode. All 3 of those communicate with a randomizer script of sorts on the Microgaming server which sends back the data of the spin.
Such a script can be re-created but I currently don't have the time to play with that and make it somewhat playable. A future project one day maybe.

Oh there was also a Tomb Raider fruit machine by JPM made in 2002 that recently became playable as well with the use of an emulator called MFME.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 23-03-21 at 16:18.
Old 23-03-21, 16:17   #6
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
When it comes to browser-based games (mostly Flash player) this is so far that I've extracted and/or got from people in the community.

Official:
1. Lara's Land Rover Challenge [2001]
2. Load it Like Lara [2003]
3. Tomb Raider (Flash) [2003]
4. Trail Raider [2006]
5. Tomb Raider - Escape The Tomb [2018]

Fanmade:
1. Dress up Lara Croft [2008]
2. Lara Caza Aventura [A Spanish game made in Macromedia Flash 7, can't find any info on it]
3. Curse of Osiris [2006]
4. Tomb Raider Onslaught [2005]

#3 and #4 came from the Croftstorm.net website (https://web.archive.org/web/20070206....net/flash.php). There's a bunch of other fan made games listed on the archive but I haven't found a way to acquire them.

I was also given a modified Solitaire game with Tomb Raider imagery. And a game called "The Lost Realms" which is a game made with The Games Factory software.

So far I've sorted out all 5 official ones and Dress up Lara Croft and submitted them to Flashpoint for preservation. It'll take a little while for the admins there to reach these submissions, but they'll be added in time.

EDIT:
I also extracted those three slot games as well, Tomb Raider (Slots) [2004], Tomb Raider Secret of the Sword [2008] and Lara Croft Temples and Tombs [2019].
But those are not easily playable in offline mode. All 3 of those communicate with a randomizer script of sorts on the Microgaming server which sends back the data of the spin.
Such a script can be re-created but I currently don't have the time to play with that and make it somewhat playable. A future project one day maybe.

Oh there was also a Tomb Raider fruit machine by JPM made in 2002 that recently became playable as well with the use of an emulator called MFME.
Do you have download links to them? I know a tool that lets you convert .sfw to .exe which is how I permanently managed to preserve my favorite flashgames from the past, I'd love to play these as I thought only the Tomb Raider 2003 Flash existed! :O
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 18:15   #7
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Do you have download links to them? I know a tool that lets you convert .sfw to .exe which is how I permanently managed to preserve my favorite flashgames from the past, I'd love to play these as I thought only the Tomb Raider 2003 Flash existed! :O
Here's the link: https://mega.nz/file/Ihc2wJ6D#GpqPiI...O3jy3FuMBai3n8

In that archive you will find:
- Lara's Land Rover Challenge
- Load it Like Lara
- Tomb Raider (Flash)
- Tomb Raider Escape The Tomb
- Trail Raider
- Curse of Osiris (fan game)
- Tomb Raider Onslaught (fan game)
- Dress up Lara Croft (fan game)
- CatchYourTravel/Lara Caza Aventura (Spanish fan-made game that I found no info anywhere so I can't submit it to Flashpoint without additional data)
- Solitaire (Doesn't work on Windows 10 for me, will try later on a virtual machine)
- The Lost Realms (fan project)

If anyone has more obscure things feel free to send me a private message or contact me on Discord Urosh Uchiha#0242

EDIT:
@Laralicious I checked out your web page. Some very peculiar things. I knew of some, but definitely not all.
Like you said the Timex website is still present in the web archives but that .swf file is nowhere to be found. A shame that no one backed it up.
Same thing with that Defender mini-game, the page is there but no one got the .swf file.
As for Lara Croft: Reflections I backed up two versions of the .ipa for that game while they were still floating around. But those things will just collect dust until we hopefully get an iOS emulator one day or something of the sort.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Path of the Stars Mini Flash Game. I think this was not a Flash game, it's HTML5 like Tomb Raider - Escape The Tomb. Regardless, I couldn't find it anywhere during my search (which is so odd cause it's not that old). And while it was a thing, I didn't have access to it from my country.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 23-03-21 at 18:43.
Old 23-03-21, 19:43   #8
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Here's the link: https://mega.nz/file/Ihc2wJ6D#GpqPiI...O3jy3FuMBai3n8

In that archive you will find:
- Lara's Land Rover Challenge
- Load it Like Lara
- Tomb Raider (Flash)
- Tomb Raider Escape The Tomb
- Trail Raider
- Curse of Osiris (fan game)
- Tomb Raider Onslaught (fan game)
- Dress up Lara Croft (fan game)
- CatchYourTravel/Lara Caza Aventura (Spanish fan-made game that I found no info anywhere so I can't submit it to Flashpoint without additional data)
- Solitaire (Doesn't work on Windows 10 for me, will try later on a virtual machine)
- The Lost Realms (fan project)

If anyone has more obscure things feel free to send me a private message or contact me on Discord Urosh Uchiha#0242

EDIT:
@Laralicious I checked out your web page. Some very peculiar things. I knew of some, but definitely not all.
Like you said the Timex website is still present in the web archives but that .swf file is nowhere to be found. A shame that no one backed it up.
Same thing with that Defender mini-game, the page is there but no one got the .swf file.
As for Lara Croft: Reflections I backed up two versions of the .ipa for that game while they were still floating around. But those things will just collect dust until we hopefully get an iOS emulator one day or something of the sort.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Path of the Stars Mini Flash Game. I think this was not a Flash game, it's HTML5 like Tomb Raider - Escape The Tomb. Regardless, I couldn't find it anywhere during my search (which is so odd cause it's not that old). And while it was a thing, I didn't have access to it from my country.
Thank you so much! <3
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-21, 20:06   #9
UroshUchiha

You are very welcome.

Also, the person who provided me with the majority of these is a member of this forum called Treeble (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=8428).
Thank you so much Treeble for your archive!
Old 23-03-21, 20:07   #10
Laralicious

Thumbs up

Thanks for getting back to me. What you have is incredible.

Personally, I would have loved if these little things were released officially for the anniversary celebrations as these do make up the history of the franchise that many might have missed the first time.

Anyway, I'm off to explore!! Thank you.

EDIT: Treeble has a lot of cool stuff. Thank you Treeble if you read this!
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote