www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 06-09-20, 15:39   #1
frankky
Student

Default SAVING PROBLEM in the game

Hi everyone

there are some players who complain of not being able to SAVE the game even with the "F5" key.

Question: is there anyone who knows the reason for this anomaly?

Hello and thanks Franky
frankky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 16:10   #2
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

do you have the ring inventory plugin
i remember tombexplorer reporting something similar
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 21:15   #3
AndriyRaider_
Inactive

^ I already had a problem like this once, i think if the PC is executing game commands wrong and you use a FN + F5 trick, if im not wrong, this is the problem.
AndriyRaider_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 23:58   #4
SSJ6Wolf
Archaeologist

I had this issue with your Enterprise level, F5 and F6 did not work. The issue was caused by the savegame image, and I had to remove the pix folder in order to save. Not sure if the image file had an issue or if it is a bug with TRNG, but not all systems have an issue with it.
SSJ6Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 09:52   #5
frankky
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ6Wolf View Post
I had this issue with your Enterprise level, F5 and F6 did not work. The issue was caused by the savegame image, and I had to remove the pix folder in order to save. Not sure if the image file had an issue or if it is a bug with TRNG, but not all systems have an issue with it.
Thank you
Old 11-09-20, 09:53   #6
frankky
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndriyRaider_ View Post
^ I already had a problem like this once, i think if the PC is executing game commands wrong and you use a FN + F5 trick, if im not wrong, this is the problem.
The problem was caused by the savegame image and I had to remove the pix folder to save.
Old 11-09-20, 10:27   #7
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Saving can be a total nuisance on some 'new gen' TR4 custom games for players...

Some of the 'new gen' TR4 custom games on TRLE.net do not save with the F5 button, and some even crash or freeze the game if trying F5.

If you use the inventory ring in game you can save and load there, but I had a few games that even crashed with that, and there was no way I could play a whole game without saving.

I prefer the older normal TR4 custom games, to avoid these unstable crashing 'new gen' games.

PS.....I use both winXP and win7 computers to run custom games, so its not as if I use troublesome win10. Its just 'new gen' problems
Old 11-09-20, 19:18   #8
Joey79100
Professor

The issue with the image "freezing" when there are pictures (the one you "fix" by removing/renaming the PIX folder) is because of how Paolone implemented the whole image system.
It just won't work with some graphic card settings (antialiasing I think) because it will draw the image behind the game screen for some reason.
It's purely visual though, and if I remember correctly it only affects exclusive full screen mode, so using Soft Full Screen or Windowed mode should solve it. Or you can disable the graphic card feature that conflicts with TRNG's picture system (antialiasing or whatever it was) (please buy me a functional memory for Christmas).

Last edited by Joey79100; 11-09-20 at 19:20.
Joey79100 is online now   Reply With Quote