www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-10-21, 12:39   #3801
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider
 
Blackmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the woods at night (female)
Posts: 14,185
Default

I just looked up the show on IMDB and saw it's only going to have 6 episodes for the first season, which got me thinking of how they'll break the story down.

Ep. 1 - Outbreak with Sarah and Tommy but expanded
Ep. 2 - Boston and then with Tess and Ellie until Tess dies
Ep. 3 - Bill's town
Ep. 4 - Sam and Henry
Ep. 5 - David
Ep. 6 - Firefly hospital and finale

Seems the most likely kind of breakdown, assuming season 1 is the entire TLOU1 story.

---

Edit: I should have checked this before posting, but apparently elsewhere it says 10 episodes which does make it potentially a more difficult breakdown.
__________________
And she saw in his eyes that all was enchanted between Earth and sky.

Last edited by Blackmoor; 18-10-21 at 12:41.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 12:59   #3802
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider
 
Quebsenuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Posts: 15,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
I really hope they'll pick up this kind of thing and the general vibe of the game and the dynamics between the characters.
I'd also love to hear Ellie tell at least one miserably bad pun-joke.
Yessssss, bring just one bad pun joke from Ellie ! <3

I need to replay TLOU and relive the adventure.
__________________
Face and defeat your Guilt
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 13:48   #3803
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider
 
James_Rutland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 11,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I just looked up the show on IMDB and saw it's only going to have 6 episodes for the first season, which got me thinking of how they'll break the story down.

Ep. 1 - Outbreak with Sarah and Tommy but expanded
Ep. 2 - Boston and then with Tess and Ellie until Tess dies
Ep. 3 - Bill's town
Ep. 4 - Sam and Henry
Ep. 5 - David
Ep. 6 - Firefly hospital and finale

Seems the most likely kind of breakdown, assuming season 1 is the entire TLOU1 story.

---

Edit: I should have checked this before posting, but apparently elsewhere it says 10 episodes which does make it potentially a more difficult breakdown.
I was going to say 6 episodes seems a tad too short for the whole of the first game, I was hoping they'd go deeper into the characters like Tess ect. 10 is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I really don't understand how people aren't seeing Pedro as Joel. I think he looks great? Bella looks more like Ellie than I was expecting, yeah she doesn't look exactly like her and wouldn't have been my first choice (I would have chosen Sophia Lillis from 'IT' and 'I am not okay with this') but I'm sure they chose her for a reason. And I can really see Anna Torv as Tess.

Last edited by James_Rutland; 18-10-21 at 13:50.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 14:46   #3804
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider
 
Blackmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the woods at night (female)
Posts: 14,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I was going to say 6 episodes seems a tad too short for the whole of the first game, I was hoping they'd go deeper into the characters like Tess ect. 10 is better.
Yeah, I'm hoping they fill it out with lots of things we've never seen before. Plus, I'm presuming they'll do the dlc in there somewhere with Ellie and Riley. That alone deserves a full episode. 10 is better.


Quote:
I really don't understand how people aren't seeing Pedro as Joel. I think he looks great? Bella looks more like Ellie than I was expecting, yeah she doesn't look exactly like her and wouldn't have been my first choice (I would have chosen Sophia Lillis from 'IT' and 'I am not okay with this') but I'm sure they chose her for a reason. And I can really see Anna Torv as Tess.
I'm not keen on Bella as I've said above, but the one thing that makes me think she'll be ok is that - to me - in some ways getting Ellie right is more important than Joel. Because we have to fall in love with her as the story progresses in the same way that Joel does. We have to see in her what Joel sees in her and what finally melts his heart. And for that to happen Ellie has to be charismatic and Joel and Ellie have to have good chemistry. And they know that.

There will have been gazillions of girls they could have gotten to do this part but they chose her. Lots of really good actresses. They must see something special in her performance for her to beat all the others.

Regarding Pedro, he looks the part and is a good actor. I have no worries about his acting ability. Personally I would have preferred someone else in that role, but that's just me being pernickity about my preferences. I'm pretty sure he can pull the role off even if he isn't my favourite for it.
__________________
And she saw in his eyes that all was enchanted between Earth and sky.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 15:13   #3805
rewak
Professor
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 3,985
Default

I feel like people judge Bella based purely on Game of Thrones, but that was her first ever acting gig and the role was pretty rigid. Lyanna was meant to come across harsh all the time and didn't have much room for emotional depth so it's not really comparable to Ellie. This short film has her in more of an Ellie type role and based on it I can see why they would cast her. She can also play guitar and sing, I know Ellie doesn't do either of those in TLOU1 but it's a bonus point for her.

rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-21, 06:10   #3806
MrBear
Relic Hunter
 
MrBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Århus, Denmark
Posts: 6,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I feel like people judge Bella based purely on Game of Thrones, but that was her first ever acting gig and the role was pretty rigid. Lyanna was meant to come across harsh all the time and didn't have much room for emotional depth so it's not really comparable to Ellie. (...)
Yeah, this is why I'm remaining neutral on the casting of Ellie. Even if you have an impression of an actor being mediocre, it's never just about their acting capabilities. The right director can bring so much out of their performers, and of course the material as well. So even though I can't immediately see this Bella Ramsey as Ellie, I'm fairly optimistic that it'll work out. It'll never be completely "right" with these characters that we love so much having different faces and voices, so you just gotta prepare yourself for that and be open-minded.

As for Pedro Pascal, I absolutely love him as Joel. He's got the gruffness and potential for being scarily brutal, yet he can carry a hint of vulnerability in his eyes, too. I'm ready to be blown away by his portrayal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I just looked up the show on IMDB and saw it's only going to have 6 episodes for the first season, which got me thinking of how they'll break the story down.
(...)
Reading this post made me excited, even if it turned out to not fit with the number of episodes after all do we know that they'll follow the game's storyline to such a high degree?
__________________
Everybody's got a little wrong in all the right places.

Last edited by MrBear; 19-10-21 at 06:12.
MrBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-21, 15:36   #3807
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider
 
Blackmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In the woods at night (female)
Posts: 14,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBear View Post

Reading this post made me excited, even if it turned out to not fit with the number of episodes after all do we know that they'll follow the game's storyline to such a high degree?


Do you know what? I actually felt a bit excited when I thought out the different episodes too, it kind of brought the whole thing closer. It was the first time I actually thought about what this was going to be like.

I have it in my mind that it is going to closely follow TLOU1 but I can't remember if I've read that anywhere, or just made it up in my head.

I do think they'll have to expand on stuff so I also wonder if we'll be introduced to new characters.
__________________
And she saw in his eyes that all was enchanted between Earth and sky.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-21, 15:31   #3808
JayB_1988
Explorer
 
JayB_1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 858
Default

__________________
Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.
JayB_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-21, 15:52   #3809
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider
 
Quebsenuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Posts: 15,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB_1988 View Post
[youtube]BHhPfGOCpZg[]
I don’t care what anyone says, they end up together and happy in the end <3
__________________
Face and defeat your Guilt
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-21, 18:19   #3810
JayB_1988
Explorer
 
JayB_1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I don’t care what anyone says, they end up together and happy in the end <3
Yes, I see it like that as well. I want a Happy End for them!
__________________
Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.
JayB_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 15:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.