www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 03-01-16, 20:04   #2021
Trenton
Tomb Raider

^I loved that!
Old 03-01-16, 20:06   #2022
voltz
Tomb Raider

Guess I'll throw in his emo nephew while I'm at it.

https://twitter.com/KyloR3n
Old 04-01-16, 07:43   #2023
SebCroc
Historian

^Oh my XD The idea's hilarious.
Old 04-01-16, 09:08   #2024
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Here's an interesting theory: Anakin was never The Chosen One. He was the enabler for the real Chosen One. Whether that's Luke, Rey, Kylo Ren, or some other party remains to be seen, but the role of the Chosen One was always to bring balance to the Force. Balance was clearly not achieved with the deaths of the last two Sith Lords, as the Dark Side stil eclispes the Light at this stage.
Old 04-01-16, 20:11   #2025
WolfRaider
Archaeologist

So I went to Disneyland yesterday and got through a bulk of the Season of the Force stuff. Pretty neat setup they had. First went to Hyperspace mountain (which will later have up to 2 hours wait line lol) and it turn out way better than I thought it will be. Unlike the Halloween one, I thought they did a nice job syncing the ride with the intensely of the battle going on and dat music.

Next up was Star Tours which I feel by this point lost some of the charm that the original had, not to mention that maybe it the added 3D, but I felt kind of sick after it was done, and I didn't felt way through any other ride I was on afterward (minus the painful experience with the Matterhorn ). The Force Awakens part was sooooo tacked on too lol, like you are confronted by Darth Vader cause of a rebel spy on the ST spacecraft (not sure if it a pre-made picture he shows or that it randomly selects a person on the ride lol), and then next moment you going through light speed to Jakku and experiencing that chase into the wreckage of the star destroyer, before light speeding again into Bobba Fett and eventually the Death Star to continue on that rebel spy story.

Later on I went to the Launch Bay that had some cool displays of ships and costumes, including what I think was a life size replica of Rey's Speeder. There was a store too that had some of the more expensive goods for collectors, but I just went to get one of the limited edition pins Disneyland had of the Force Awakens heh.
WolfRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 01:58   #2026
voltz
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
Here's an interesting theory: Anakin was never The Chosen One. He was the enabler for the real Chosen One.
I have been on this ever since Phantom Menace first came out. Anakin's genes carry over, which is why I believed they always read him as the one who should bring balance as prophesied, but we're seeing all kinds of weird results stemming from it. Anakin becomes Vader (the opposite), Luke confronts both Vader and Palpatine, but Vader turns and kills Palpatine (thus fulfilling the prophecy), yet it was Luke who instigated it, making possibly both being true. Of course we're at Force Awakens now and the war is still going... It could be Rey (I was predicting Obi-Wan's granddaughter), it could surprisingly be Kylo, or perhaps the real surprise is Leia, who we're currently discrediting because she's non-Jedi while still being force sensitive. What I can say is that the Skywalker bloodline is what's keeping the Jedi still going....

I'll throw in this one just for @#$%'s and giggles, Finn is an untapped possibility.

Last edited by voltz; 05-01-16 at 01:59.
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-16, 04:05   #2027
Admles

By Star Wars canon, Anakin was the Chosen One.

He brought balance when he took out Palpatine, and removed the cloak of the Dark Side.

People think that balance to the Force means the same number of Jedi as Sith.

However, there are more Force users than Jedi and Sith.

The Dark Side was essentially taking more than it's fair share, with Palpatine in power, and Vader taking him out, balance was restored.
Old 05-01-16, 04:14   #2028
voltz
Tomb Raider

Yet the silly thing is with his children and his children's children, this balance of power still continues to play out. Right now I'm beginning to question at what point does it finally come to an end?
Old 05-01-16, 04:16   #2029
Admles

It's Disney, as long as they are making money, they'll keep making more movies that drift away from the true canon.
Old 05-01-16, 04:19   #2030
voltz
Tomb Raider

LOL!!

What the heck is this true canon you're talking about?