www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-01-21, 08:03   #31
MachoBroccoli
Hobbyist
 
MachoBroccoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Al Dente Clubhouse, Venice
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
oh now that looks lovely. thank you so much. one more thing to help perfect my favorite TR! still missing the los alamos date stamp but you know what? this is such a good upscale that i don't think it truly matters. like it's well worth the tradeoff
That's something I can easily add back in with editing, so I'll give that a go and see what I can do

I actually added a fake heatwave effect to the scene where Natla bursts out cause there was quite a bit of micro-screen tearing for some reason, so I've hopefully masked that well enough!

Last edited by MachoBroccoli; 14-01-21 at 08:26.
MachoBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 08:49   #32
ATombRaiderFan
Historian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoBroccoli View Post
That's something I can easily add back in with editing, so I'll give that a go and see what I can do

I actually added a fake heatwave effect to the scene where Natla bursts out cause there was quite a bit of micro-screen tearing for some reason, so I've hopefully masked that well enough!
Overlaying the movie with text may be the faithful thing to do but this will hide some details which defeats the point. Maybe you could add a brief pause between the credits screen and movie, so you can have text overlay black screen, fading in and out before the movie starts.

Update: Just noticed the movie has black bars so the text could overlay the bottom.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 14-01-21 at 09:07.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 09:08   #33
LateRaider
Professor
 
LateRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ship Pierrson
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoBroccoli View Post
That's something I can easily add back in with editing, so I'll give that a go and see what I can do

I actually added a fake heatwave effect to the scene where Natla bursts out cause there was quite a bit of micro-screen tearing for some reason, so I've hopefully masked that well enough!
it looks very lovely! you worked really hard to make it the best it can be im very thankful for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Overlaying the movie with text may be the faithful thing to do but this will hide some details which defeats the point. Maybe you could add a brief pause between the credits screen and movie, so you can have text overlay black screen, fading in and out before the movie starts.

Update: Just noticed the movie has black bars so the text could overlay the bottom.
thats an option but its in the spot its in so as to parallel the "modern" opening scene in 1996
__________________
"Come, let's get off this roof, and... I will buy you a milkshake."

Last edited by LateRaider; 14-01-21 at 09:11.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 09:21   #34
ATombRaiderFan
Historian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
thats an option but its in the spot its in so as to parallel the "modern" opening scene in 1996
Ah good point
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 12:11   #35
MachoBroccoli
Hobbyist
 
MachoBroccoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Al Dente Clubhouse, Venice
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
it looks very lovely! you worked really hard to make it the best it can be im very thankful for that


thats an option but its in the spot its in so as to parallel the "modern" opening scene in 1996
So I've made a new version with text, though I've gone for the same look as that Calcutta screenshot just to be consistent.

Additionally, I noticed there were weird goofs with objects bleeding over into other scenes so I've added white fades to hide those and match the original scene's look

I've also manually made my own version of the company text at the beginning too so that looks better.

I also decided to combine Buzz Monkey and Nixxes into one subtitle so they both get credit

Enjoy - https://youtu.be/k6F1WLHLML8

Will edit in a link to download the new version for use on PC once it's uploaded to my drive

Last edited by MachoBroccoli; 14-01-21 at 12:12.
MachoBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 11:46   #36
ATombRaiderFan
Historian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 364
Default

Just got around to testing out your texture fixes pack and booted up legend. I've checked all cutscenes and gameplay affected by the issues of two-faced Arthur, Yakuza hair and Rutland's profile. All these anticlimactic bugs are gone, thank you! It's also great to be able to opt out of individual fixes - in this case Nishimura's glasses because shades are cool no matter how broken. I also noted that James Rutland's profile is now visible in the manor if you play it before completing Bolivia, but on the whole it's better than having the silly cutscene moment where Zip is pointing at a empty screen.

Excellent retrospective video btw, I enjoyed every minute of it

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 16-02-21 at 12:00.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 09:10   #37
MachoBroccoli
Hobbyist
 
MachoBroccoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Al Dente Clubhouse, Venice
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Just got around to testing out your texture fixes pack and booted up legend. I've checked all cutscenes and gameplay affected by the issues of two-faced Arthur, Yakuza hair and Rutland's profile. All these anticlimactic bugs are gone, thank you! It's also great to be able to opt out of individual fixes - in this case Nishimura's glasses because shades are cool no matter how broken. I also noted that James Rutland's profile is now visible in the manor if you play it before completing Bolivia, but on the whole it's better than having the silly cutscene moment where Zip is pointing at a empty screen.

Excellent retrospective video btw, I enjoyed every minute of it
Great news! I'm glad those all worked for you, but if you do come across any other weird oddities then hit me up and I'll see what I can do

Also thank you for the kind words about the video, I hope you liked the little shoutout I gave you and the other modders here!
MachoBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 12:02   #38
ATombRaiderFan
Historian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 364
Default

Haha yes I almost fainted when you did the shoutout (just kidding) but thank you! You should give yourself credit since you've did all the heavy lifting and made Legend heaps better than before (including the FMV upscale). Sure I will keep an eye for more problematic textures on my next playthrough

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 25-02-21 at 16:59.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-21, 10:42   #39
JAMJOOM
Student
 
JAMJOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: dubai
Posts: 238
Red face here

Isn't that the same idea?
https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/
This also works with the shutdown of the NG
__________________
jamjoom
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 12:59   #40
ATombRaiderFan
Historian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 364
Arrow

Hi again!

I've been looking into the Yakuza issue because there are still texture conflicts like brown hair and the occasional goatee appearing on the clean shaven black-haired Yakuza goons. I found something interesting:



It turns out that Texture A is causing the problem. It overlays goons using B, C and D - basically giving Takamoto a clone army. I experimented with making Texture A transparent (and restored Texture B) and now there are three distinct Yakuza goons. There is no unique goon using Texture A on its own so you won't be fighting any headless goon.



I checked on PS2 version of Legend as well which is old gen and it's the same, three types of Yakuza goons. There is a catch however that when you kill the goons, their heads disappear slightly faster than their bodies

Here's the edited male_yakuza_a.drm file on google drive via the link below. MachoBroccoli, if you're happy with this version then you can add it to archive

Edit: If anyone is having issue with downloading the file, press the 'Download all' button at the top right of screen.

Edit 2: Link removed.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 11-03-21 at 17:03.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.